bicycle fitting _after_ purchase (SF Bay Area)?

If you're 5'8" and your saddle height is correct at 28" from center of BB then your stem is too short. It sounds like you're like me short legged and long torso. You need a stem length more like 120 to 130 mm. The bar is also likely too low. The OCR3 probably has a quill that can be raised a bit closer to level with the saddle.

Leonard Migliore <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, "Mike Jacoubowsky"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > I'll try to mock something up in the shop on Monday to get an idea of what your bike sorta
> > looks like.
> >
> > --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com
>
> A diplomatic answer, considering that you're in the Bay Area and are probably real good at fitting
> bikes...

As a recent Chain Reaction customer, I must say the bike fitting I received when I bought my new
bike was outstanding. It made a huge difference in how comfortable the bike (Klein Q Carbon) feels.

I don't know what Chain Reaction's policy is for this rider's situation, but spending a few dollars
to to have your bike properly fitted at a good shop is well worth it.

Paul