Bicycle frame building resource question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Neil Stephens, May 15, 2003.

  1. There used to be an exhaustive source on Bicycle building. Chome Molly, Aluminum and the like.
    Loosescrews.com used to carry Campy dropouts and the fittings to butt the CrMo tubing to the other
    CrMo tubing. There was a supplier that even used to carry the tubing. The measurements and
    dimensions are easy to steal off of other particularly favored frames but the source for such parts
    are scarce to me now. There were even frame forms to use. Where can I find a resource like that?

    NS> (the slower, fatter U.S. version)

    > There used to be an exhaustive source on Bicycle building. Chome Molly, Aluminum and the like.
    > Loosescrews.com used to carry Campy dropouts and the fittings to butt the CrMo tubing to the
    > other CrMo tubing. There was a supplier that even used to carry the tubing. The measurements
    > and dimensions are easy to steal off of other particularly favored frames but the source for
    > such parts are scarce to me now. There were even frame forms to use. Where can I find a
    > resource like that?

    The URL in my .sig includes a framebuilding suppliers list, both wholesale and retail. There's also
    a link to the framebuilding email list, which has more than a thousand members worldwide, so you
    might find someone in your area to suggest local suppliers as well.

    --
    [email protected] is Joshua Putnam <http://www.phred.org/~josh/> Braze your own bicycle frames. See
    <http://www.phred.org/~josh/build/build.html

  3. Jeff Wills

    Jeff Wills Guest

    Neil Stephens <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > There used to be an exhaustive source on Bicycle building. Chome Molly, Aluminum and the like.
    > Loosescrews.com used to carry Campy dropouts and the fittings to butt the CrMo tubing to the
    > other CrMo tubing. There was a supplier that even used to carry the tubing. The measurements
    > and dimensions are easy to steal off of other particularly favored frames but the source for
    > such parts are scarce to me now. There were even frame forms to use. Where can I find a
    > resource like that?
    >

    > NS> (the slower, fatter U.S. version)

    Start here: http://home.pacifier.com/~tpaterek/ or here:

    Jeff

  4. Ant

    Ant Guest

    Neil Stephens <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > There used to be an exhaustive source on Bicycle building. Chome Molly, Aluminum and the like.
    > Loosescrews.com used to carry Campy dropouts and the fittings to butt the CrMo tubing to the
    > other CrMo tubing. There was a supplier that even used to carry the tubing. The measurements
    > and dimensions are easy to steal off of other particularly favored frames but the source for
    > such parts are scarce to me now. There were even frame forms to use. Where can I find a
    > resource like that?
    >

    > NS> (the slower, fatter U.S. version)

    google will turn up a number of suppliers for tubing, dropouts, all the other bits and pieces. henry
    james has a good site, but there are many others. good folk like damon rinard, joshua putnam, etc,
    have put together collections of framebuilding links and info. look them up. best of all- check the
    framebuilders list archives:

    cheers