Bicycle Frame Projects Ideas wanted

Terry Collins

Guest
Okay, I scrounge old bicycles that get thrown out and use the frames for
various projects (bicycle trailers, art, etc). This is easy to do with
ye olde diamond frame, but I am at a loss for useful projects that
utilise these "modern", egg/oval profile one tube design on the basic
mtb they sell.

Looking for ideas, url's, etc.

Scrounging this christmas was very successful and I have five frames to
utilise.

"Terry Collins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Okay, I scrounge old bicycles that get thrown out and use the frames for
> various projects (bicycle trailers, art, etc). This is easy to do with
> ye olde diamond frame, but I am at a loss for useful projects that
> utilise these "modern", egg/oval profile one tube design on the basic
> mtb they sell.
>
> Looking for ideas, url's, etc.
>
> Scrounging this christmas was very successful and I have five frames to
> utilise.

How about a whirleecopter?
http://www.polygraphlounge.com/show.html?39

A moon trike.
http://www.celebratebig.com/burningman2003/artcars/moontrike.jpg

Or furniture.
http://www.bikefurniture.com/x_pages1/chairmain.html

A street lounge

http://www.btt.com.ar/nota/2/2042.shtml

A couch bike.
http://bikeforest.com/cb/

possibilities are endless.

Marty

Terry Collins said:
Okay, I scrounge old bicycles that get thrown out and use the frames for
various projects (bicycle trailers, art, etc). This is easy to do with
ye olde diamond frame, but I am at a loss for useful projects that
utilise these "modern", egg/oval profile one tube design on the basic
mtb they sell.

Looking for ideas, url's, etc.

Scrounging this christmas was very successful and I have five frames to
utilise.

garden sculpture
water feature
anchor
bike-parking-rack

Poiter wrote:

> What about a CRUZBIKE?
>
> www.cruzbike.com.au

Try www.cruzbike.com

Somewhere recently, I've also seen something that basically used the
**** end rotated and connected to rectangular RHS and front end on the
other end of the RHS as a quasi recumbent.

Now all I need to do is source some oxy bottles (sans rental).

Thanks all for the ideas.