Bicycle Mag -- Bent Stuff

J

Joe Keenan

Surprised to find some bent stuff in the latest issue of Bicycling Magazine.

Like a lot of others, I gave up Bicycling magazine when it went to the glitz and in your face
attitude and style of MTV. Somehow, and I don't know how, I started getting Bicycling magazine
again. I checked my VISA statement and there was no, "Whoa, woe is me but this be an incorrect
charge laddie", lept off my statement. So I read it. And since a lot of Bicycling Mag is simply
"cycling", I found some good articles. This month, if for nothing else read the "50 Great Things
About Cycling" from a bent perspective. Here's what was in there directly related to recumbents:

Page 29: Bikes On The Loose & Great Club Rides

The FIRST ride listed is "Bent Trail Riders Sunday Ride (Dayton, Ohio)" It lists the ride as a
Recumbent ride out and back on local bike trails of up to 100 miles and says to join go to
"www.siscom.net/~grindix]btr

A nice plug for a bent club and ride.

Page 45: In the "50 things..", author Dan Koeppel writes about "Yearning for Gear". In the article
he says: "....The Hostel Shoppe (every cyclist should check out this all-recumbent catgalog, just to
appreciate the ride-nrecline subculture).

As mentioned, the mag does write about cycling. This time of year, the "Stay in Tune" piece on pages
84 & 85 works for any bike.

No, the walls haven't come tumbling down, but maybe some steps can be built.

Cheers

Slow Joe Recumbo

or try:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BentTrailRiders/

jd

"Joe Keenan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Surprised to find some bent stuff in the latest issue of Bicycling Magazine.
>
> Like a lot of others, I gave up Bicycling magazine when it went to the glitz and in your face
> attitude and style of MTV. Somehow, and I don't know how, I started getting Bicycling magazine
> again. I checked my VISA statement and there was no, "Whoa, woe is me but this be an incorrect
> charge laddie", lept off my statement. So I read it. And since a lot of Bicycling Mag is simply
> "cycling", I found some good articles. This month, if for nothing else read the "50 Great Things
> About Cycling" from a bent perspective. Here's what was in there directly related to recumbents:
>
> Page 29: Bikes On The Loose & Great Club Rides
>
> The FIRST ride listed is "Bent Trail Riders Sunday Ride (Dayton, Ohio)" It lists the ride as a
> Recumbent ride out and back on local bike trails of up to 100 miles and says to join go to
> "www.siscom.net/~grindix]btr
>
> A nice plug for a bent club and ride.
>
> Page 45: In the "50 things..", author Dan Koeppel writes about "Yearning for Gear". In the article
> he says: "....The Hostel Shoppe (every cyclist should check out this all-recumbent catgalog, just
> to appreciate the ride-nrecline subculture).
>
> As mentioned, the mag does write about cycling. This time of year, the "Stay in Tune" piece on
> pages 84 & 85 works for any bike.
>
> No, the walls haven't come tumbling down, but maybe some steps can be built.
>
> Cheers
>
> Slow Joe Recumbo