Bicycle Mag -- Bent Stuff

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Joe Keenan, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Joe Keenan

Joe Keenan Guest

Surprised to find some bent stuff in the latest issue of Bicycling Magazine.

Like a lot of others, I gave up Bicycling magazine when it went to the glitz and in your face
    attitude and style of MTV. Somehow, and I don't know how, I started getting Bicycling magazine
    again. I checked my VISA statement and there was no, "Whoa, woe is me but this be an incorrect
    charge laddie", lept off my statement. So I read it. And since a lot of Bicycling Mag is simply
    "cycling", I found some good articles. This month, if for nothing else read the "50 Great Things
    About Cycling" from a bent perspective. Here's what was in there directly related to recumbents:

Page 29: Bikes On The Loose & Great Club Rides

The FIRST ride listed is "Bent Trail Riders Sunday Ride (Dayton, Ohio)" It lists the ride as a
    Recumbent ride out and back on local bike trails of up to 100 miles and says to join go to
    "www.siscom.net/~grindix]btr

A nice plug for a bent club and ride.

Page 45: In the "50 things..", author Dan Koeppel writes about "Yearning for Gear". In the article
    he says: "....The Hostel Shoppe (every cyclist should check out this all-recumbent catgalog, just to
    appreciate the ride-nrecline subculture).

As mentioned, the mag does write about cycling. This time of year, the "Stay in Tune" piece on pages
    84 & 85 works for any bike.

No, the walls haven't come tumbling down, but maybe some steps can be built.

Cheers

Slow Joe Recumbo

Tags:

2. Jack Davis

Jack Davis Guest

or try:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BentTrailRiders/

jd

"Joe Keenan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Surprised to find some bent stuff in the latest issue of Bicycling Magazine.
    >
    > Like a lot of others, I gave up Bicycling magazine when it went to the glitz and in your face
    > attitude and style of MTV. Somehow, and I don't know how, I started getting Bicycling magazine
    > again. I checked my VISA statement and there was no, "Whoa, woe is me but this be an incorrect
    > charge laddie", lept off my statement. So I read it. And since a lot of Bicycling Mag is simply
    > "cycling", I found some good articles. This month, if for nothing else read the "50 Great Things
    > About Cycling" from a bent perspective. Here's what was in there directly related to recumbents:
    >
    > Page 29: Bikes On The Loose & Great Club Rides
    >
    > The FIRST ride listed is "Bent Trail Riders Sunday Ride (Dayton, Ohio)" It lists the ride as a
    > Recumbent ride out and back on local bike trails of up to 100 miles and says to join go to
    > "www.siscom.net/~grindix]btr
    >
    > A nice plug for a bent club and ride.
    >
    > Page 45: In the "50 things..", author Dan Koeppel writes about "Yearning for Gear". In the article
    > he says: "....The Hostel Shoppe (every cyclist should check out this all-recumbent catgalog, just
    > to appreciate the ride-nrecline subculture).
    >
    > As mentioned, the mag does write about cycling. This time of year, the "Stay in Tune" piece on
    > pages 84 & 85 works for any bike.
    >
    > No, the walls haven't come tumbling down, but maybe some steps can be built.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Slow Joe Recumbo