Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Bicycle maintenance recommended book.

Started by glore2002 · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,666 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
5 September 2007
Last activity
6 September 2007
Original author
glore2002
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,666
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello!

    I was not sure if the place to post thread was here but... Sorry if this is the wrong place.

    I am planning to get a good bicycle maintenance and repair book. By good I mean a book really clear for everyone, very detailed and easy to follow and understand. Directed to real users instead of only mechanics. Without using too sophisticated or expensive tools.
    Browsing through Amazon.com I found some books but before placing an order I would like to ask you for an advice. I will really appreciate your help recommendation.

    Some of the books I found are:

    1) Bicycle Repair Step by Step: How to Maintain and Repair Your Bicycle (Rob Van Der Plas)

    2) The Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance and Repair: For Road and Mountain Bikes(Expanded and Revised 5th Edition) Todd Downs.

    3) Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance. Lennard Zinn.

    Thanks in advance, 🙂
    Glore2002.-

  2. I recommend Lennard Zinn's maintenance books.

    Online resources include:
    sheldonbrown.comsheldonbrown.com
    parktool.comrepair

  3. Since you're online, what about an online resource? I've always found the Park website to be detailed, accurate, and easy to understand. Of course, they often suggest you use a Park tool for a task when you don't strictly need to.
    http://www.parktool.com/repair/

    John Swanson
    www.bikephysics.com

  4. The Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance and Repair: For Road and Mountain Bikes(Expanded and Revised 5th Edition) Todd Downs. This is my go-to for everything concerning bike repair and maintenance. However, I have used it so much that there is little need for me to consult it anymore. I have looked at the on-line repair sites and they are good, but my bikes reside in the basement and my computer resides in my home office. I hate prinitng all of the information off of these sites (many pages) when I have the same info in the manual.

  5. Thank you!

    Glore2002.-

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.