Bicycle maintenance recommended book.

glore2002

Apr 24, 2005
Hello!

I was not sure if the place to post thread was here but... Sorry if this is the wrong place.

I am planning to get a good bicycle maintenance and repair book. By good I mean a book really clear for everyone, very detailed and easy to follow and understand. Directed to real users instead of only mechanics. Without using too sophisticated or expensive tools.
Browsing through Amazon.com I found some books but before placing an order I would like to ask you for an advice. I will really appreciate your help recommendation.

Some of the books I found are:

1) Bicycle Repair Step by Step: How to Maintain and Repair Your Bicycle (Rob Van Der Plas)

2) The Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance and Repair: For Road and Mountain Bikes(Expanded and Revised 5th Edition) Todd Downs.

3) Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance. Lennard Zinn.

Thanks in advance, :)
Glore2002.-

The Bicycling Guide to Complete Bicycle Maintenance and Repair: For Road and Mountain Bikes(Expanded and Revised 5th Edition) Todd Downs. This is my go-to for everything concerning bike repair and maintenance. However, I have used it so much that there is little need for me to consult it anymore. I have looked at the on-line repair sites and they are good, but my bikes reside in the basement and my computer resides in my home office. I hate prinitng all of the information off of these sites (many pages) when I have the same info in the manual.