Bicycle music

in message <[email protected]>, zvesda

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2006/11/28/nutcracker-suite-played-exclusively-on-bicycle-parts/

> [Plays via Flash, I think]

I have a friend who is a composer who has an eccentric bicycle wheel which
the LBS made up for her. It's a real work of art, requiring many different
lengths of spoke.

;; All in all you're just another hick in the mall
-- Drink C'lloid

"zvesda" <[email protected]> wrote in news:1164895775.471082.121220
@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

> Not the sound you make as you hum to yourself when passing traffic in
> the morning, but something rather more conventional;

Superb - and beats James May's Top Gear theme on various cars by a long
way!

In article <[email protected]>
Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 30 Nov 2006 06:09:35 -0800, "zvesda" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Not the sound you make as you hum to yourself when passing traffic in
> >the morning, but something rather more conventional;
> >
> >http://createdigitalmusic.com/2006/11/28/nutcracker-suite-played-exclusively-on-bicycle-parts/
> >
> >[Plays via Flash, I think]

> Thanks for that. I'm going to play it in assembly next week and ask
> the children to guess the instruments.

Won't they be thinking "It's Crispin, so it will be about bikes"? :)

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:46:46 -0000, Rob Morley <[email protected]>
wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>
>Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On 30 Nov 2006 06:09:35 -0800, "zvesda" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Not the sound you make as you hum to yourself when passing traffic in
>> >the morning, but something rather more conventional;
>> >
>> >http://createdigitalmusic.com/2006/11/28/nutcracker-suite-played-exclusively-on-bicycle-parts/
>> >
>> >[Plays via Flash, I think]

>> Thanks for that. I'm going to play it in assembly next week and ask
>> the children to guess the instruments.
>>

>Won't they be thinking "It's Crispin, so it will be about bikes"? :)

If they do, and they can recognise the sound of a finger running over
spokes, I'll be delighted, though perhaps not so delighted if they
recognise the sound of squeeky brakes.

In article <[email protected]>
Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:46:46 -0000, Rob Morley <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>
> >Tom Crispin <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Thanks for that. I'm going to play it in assembly next week and ask
> >> the children to guess the instruments.
> >>

> >Won't they be thinking "It's Crispin, so it will be about bikes"? :)

> If they do, and they can recognise the sound of a finger running over
> spokes, I'll be delighted, though perhaps not so delighted if they
> recognise the sound of squeeky brakes.

Squeaky brakes are good - much more likely to elicit an appropriate
response from wayward pedestrians than a bell, if accounts here are to
be believed. :-\