Bicycle painting in Canada?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by KB, Aug 26, 2004.

  1. KB

    KB Guest

    Are there any bike specific painters in Canada, that will paint at
    reasonable prices for the amature framebuilder?
    thx!

    Tags:

  2. Marinoni in Montreal does painting.

    http://www.marinoni.qc.ca/

    "KB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]
    > Are there any bike specific painters in Canada, that will paint at
    > reasonable prices for the amature framebuilder?
    > thx!

    ---

  3. "KB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Are there any bike specific painters in Canada, that will paint at
    > reasonable prices for the amature framebuilder?
    > thx!

    don't know if its useful, but a few years ago, I got a bike sprayed by
    a auto repair place (body-shop). They charged practically nothing, and
    were highly amused at how light the frame was (a nice, old Reynolds
    531).

    it may be an option if you're not looking for anything too fancy,
    M.

  4. Marinoni is only painting frames that he has made. Something about
    decals and legal rights to a name have created problems.
    Kind of a bummer because they do great paint jobs.

    CC

  5. Ben Stanley

    Ben Stanley Guest

    On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:21:44 -0300, "KB"
    <[email protected]hfx.eastlink.ca.NOSPAM> wrote:

    >Are there any bike specific painters in Canada, that will paint at
    >reasonable prices for the amature framebuilder?
    >thx!

    If you are thinking at all about selling any of your bikes in the
    future, you should not be putting budget paint jobs on any of your
    early bikes. Unfortunately, thats all people see when they look at
    your bike. Your early reputation as a frame builder is important, and
    the paint job should cause jaws to drop.
    It couldn't hurt to drop Hugh a line at True North Cycles
    (manufacturer of frames) in Kitchener, and ask if he is aware of
    anyone you could use. He's a terrific guy and I'm sure he will give
    you a lead if he can.
    Best of luck.