Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

bicycle pedal stuck when cycling

Started by soelydim · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,262 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 November 2014
Last activity
25 November 2014
Original author
soelydim
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,262
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I was cycling nicely to school and when I was going to cycle home after class the bicycle completely gave up.

    The pedal, will not move at all when I sit on it. It however would turn if I kick it down while standing but whenever there is increase weight on it, the pedal just wont budge. Neither does the chain.

    I tried putting the bicycle upsidedown and spin the pedal. The chain and the pedal works perfectly. But when I sit it back up and sit on it, the pedal wont move again! However when I sit on it and let it go down the hill, the chain and the pedal would spin as usual; even after I reach to a flat surface I could still pedal it. But once I brake and stop, the pedal wont spin again.

    I don't know if this is how the bicycle is trying to tell me that I've put on too much weight.

    Does anyone knows why it's doing this?

  2. Is it a coaster (=back-pedal) brake rear wheel? In that case I suspect that either the clamp for the reaction arm has come loose, and/or that the bearing on one side has come loose and is alternately pinching/seizing. Probably fixable, but not easily talked through over the internet.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.