Bicycle pump gone bad

Hello

My bicycle foot pump is giving me problems, it's head keep shooting
off, and I am thinking replacing it. I did some research, and I really
like "Topeak Smart Head With Hose", but I don't know if I'll be able
to replace it on my own.

Is there is info about how to replace pump head, and hose? Also, I
want buy another pump, and I want make sure I don't end up with the
same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

[email protected] wrote:
> Hello
>
> My bicycle foot pump is giving me problems, it's head keep shooting
> off, and I am thinking replacing it. I did some research, and I really
> like "Topeak Smart Head With Hose", but I don't know if I'll be able
> to replace it on my own.
>
> Is there is info about how to replace pump head, and hose? Also, I
> want buy another pump, and I want make sure I don't end up with the
> same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

Depending on what kind of foot pump you have, you might be able to just
replace the rubber gasket that grips the valve stem. I know that these
gaskets are available for Silca foot pumps.

Hello

My bicycle foot pump is giving me problems, it's head keep shooting
off, and I am thinking replacing it. I did some research, and I really
like "Topeak Smart Head With Hose", but I don't know if I'll be able
to replace it on my own.

Is there is info about how to replace pump head, and hose? Also, I
want buy another pump, and I want make sure I don't end up with the
same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
http://www.topeak.com/sub/documents/M-TSH01-GB-5-05.pdf
Depending on which option works for you; you will need a good scissors that can cut through your air hose + a screw driver
or
Teflon plumbers tape and a wrench to detach former hose and attach new hose.

On 2 May 2007 05:43:50 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Also, I want buy another pump, and I want make sure I don't end up with the
>same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you live near a Performance store buy one of their store brand
pumps. Thanks to their no-questions-asked replacement policy I've been
using a Performance Hurricane for over ten years. I think I'm on my
fourth or fifth one; I've lost count. :)

--
jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)

"daveornee" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> [email protected] Wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> My bicycle foot pump is giving me problems, it's head keep shooting
>> off, and I am thinking replacing it. I did some research, and I really
>> like "Topeak Smart Head With Hose", but I don't know if I'll be able
>> to replace it on my own.
>>
>> Is there is info about how to replace pump head, and hose? Also, I
>> want buy another pump, and I want make sure I don't end up with the
>> same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks in advance

> http://www.topeak.com/sub/documents/M-TSH01-GB-5-05.pdf
> Depending on which option works for you; you will need a good scissors
> that can cut through your air hose + a screw driver
> or
> Teflon plumbers tape and a wrench to detach former hose and attach new
> hose.

I've got these hoses on some old pumps, and "option C" has always worked for
me, vis., just screwing the hose in to the pump body with the appropriate
supplied adapter and with some Teflon paste. As Mark says, though, all that
is really needed is a gasket for the head. -- Jay Beattie.

On May 2, 10:25 am, John Everett
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2 May 2007 05:43:50 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>

> >Also, I want buy another pump, and I want make sure I don't end up with the
> >same problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

> If you live near a Performance store buy one of their store brand
> pumps. Thanks to their no-questions-asked replacement policy I've been
> using a Performance Hurricane for over ten years. I think I'm on my
> fourth or fifth one; I've lost count. :)
>
> --
> jeverett3<AT>sbcglobal<DOT>net (John V. Everett)

I am in Toronto, I am going for "Topeak Joe Blow Max II". Believe it
or not, I bought my foot pump in 1994, it's by Pit Stop. I bought from
first job's pay check. It always make some scratchy metallic tones,
and my companion won't be happy once I have it fixed :)

My grandfather bike use to have Presta tube, I kinda miss them.

Topeak Joe Blow Max I
http://www.cyclepath.ca/products/item1254.htm

On Wed, 02 May 2007 09:25:01 -0500, John Everett
<[email protected]> wrote:

>If you live near a Performance store buy one of their store brand
>pumps. Thanks to their no-questions-asked replacement policy I've been
>using a Performance Hurricane for over ten years. I think I'm on my
>fourth or fifth one; I've lost count. :)

Would it be fair to paraphrase this "recommendation" as, "Don't even
think of buying a Performance brand pump unless you live close to a
store"? I'd have bought two or three other _good_ pumps for the cost
of shipping over that time!

Pat

Email address works as is.