Bicycle riders will get more respect once they start obeying the laws that govern them.

Pudentame wrote:

<snip>
> Or just read triangle.general regularly.

How come it's not obtuse.triangle.general? Would that be redundant?

--
Bill Asher

"David Phillips" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 04:28:30 GMT, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com>
> wrote:
>>
>>My guess is that you have never seen a cyclist "deliberately impede
>>traffic"
>>and that you are simply lying about it because you can IMAGINE it so.

> All of your guesses are wrong, and your accusations are based on your
> own imagination of what I've written.

You have to forgive me when I lose my temper Mr. Phillips. It is a rare ride
when someone doesn't take an intentional close pass at me or someone in the
group I'm in. And we only take up the road when there's no other option
open.

Here's what officialdom in the bay area believe - when Chris Robertson got
into an argument with a truck driver, the truck driver threw a wooden chock
at him, pulled around the corner, ran over him and killed him.

The DA refused to press charges against the truck driver until forced to do
so by public outcry and then the judge dismissed the charges claiming
"There's no reason to believe that the truck driver knew that the cyclist
was in his path."

There are a lot of cyclists carrying guns now so my suggestion to you is to
not **** one of those people off.

Will you PLEASE get this garbage off of rec.heraldry!

Edit your Reply to Newsgroups, Damnit!

I don't care if you discuss how cyclist can get themselves killed, nor
whose fault it is. But I would blazon the aftermath as:
Sanguine, a bycicle mangled, proper.

Regards,
Roger

On Jun 12, 7:09 am, Roger Connor <[email protected]> wrote:
> Will you PLEASE get this garbage off of rec.heraldry!
>
> Edit your Reply to Newsgroups, Damnit!
>
> I don't care if you discuss how cyclist can get themselves killed, nor
> whose fault it is. But I would blazon the aftermath as:
> Sanguine, a bycicle mangled, proper.

"Happy about a bicycle being properly mangled".

Gotcha.

Thanks for taking a stand. --D-y

"Roger Connor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Will you PLEASE get this garbage off of rec.heraldry!
>
> Edit your Reply to Newsgroups, Damnit!
>
> I don't care if you discuss how cyclist can get themselves killed, nor
> whose fault it is. But I would blazon the aftermath as:
> Sanguine, a bycicle mangled, proper.

Funny, I don't see any heraldry in the header.

And as for Mr. Tuschinski - I pretty much have the same attitude. I don't go
looking for trouble, I'm always as polite as possible to drivers.

But that doesn't make any difference. For instance - on the bridge crossing
today I watched large loaded commercial trucks driving 20 mph over the speed
limit. As we approached the Highway 880 interchange there was a cop handing
out a seatbelt ticket. This world has gone completely stark raving mad.

"Stefan Wolfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> "Stefan Wolfe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> My guess is that your wife cheated on you so you got divorced and you
>>> subsist as a barely functional alchoholic. Am I close?

>> So I got your weight correct and you are crushed huh?

> Do you have a nude picture of your ex-wife?
> Do you want one?

I suggest that if you have a nude picture of her then by all means post it.
I would do with the notoriety.

[email protected] wrote:
> On Jun 12, 7:09 am, Roger Connor <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Will you PLEASE get this garbage off of rec.heraldry!
>>
>> Edit your Reply to Newsgroups, Damnit!
>>
>> I don't care if you discuss how cyclist can get themselves killed, nor
>> whose fault it is. But I would blazon the aftermath as:
>> Sanguine, a bycicle mangled, proper.

> "Happy about a bicycle being properly mangled".
>
> Gotcha.
>
> Thanks for taking a stand. --D-y

Uuh ... sanguine means blood red; in heraldry I think that means a
shield or coat of arms with a red background, and proper just means
natural color.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Roger Connor" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Will you PLEASE get this garbage off of rec.heraldry!
>>
>> Edit your Reply to Newsgroups, Damnit!
>>
>> I don't care if you discuss how cyclist can get themselves killed, nor
>> whose fault it is. But I would blazon the aftermath as:
>> Sanguine, a bycicle mangled, proper.

> Funny, I don't see any heraldry in the header.

The guy who was kvetching about it trimmed it.

William Asher wrote:
> Pudentame wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> Or just read triangle.general regularly.

> How come it's not obtuse.triangle.general? Would that be redundant?

There are occasional acute observers.

On Jun 12, 10:56 pm, Pudentame <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > On Jun 12, 7:09 am, Roger Connor <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> Will you PLEASE get this garbage off of rec.heraldry!

> >> Edit your Reply to Newsgroups, Damnit!

> >> I don't care if you discuss how cyclist can get themselves killed, nor
> >> whose fault it is. But I would blazon the aftermath as:
> >> Sanguine, a bycicle mangled, proper.

> > "Happy about a bicycle being properly mangled".

> > Gotcha.

> > Thanks for taking a stand. --D-y

> Uuh ... sanguine means blood red; in heraldry I think that means a
> shield or coat of arms with a red background, and proper just means
> natural color.

(mac dictionary says):
sanguine | sa ng gwin| adjective 1 cheerfully optimistic : they are
not sanguine about the prospect. · (in medieval science and medicine)
of or having the constitution associated with the predominance of
blood among the bodily humors, supposedly marked by a ruddy complexion
and an optimistic disposition. · archaic (of the complexion) florid;
ruddy. · archaic bloody or bloodthirsty. 2 poetic/literary & Heraldry
blood-red. noun a blood-red color. · a deep red-brown crayon or pencil
containing iron oxide. · Heraldry a blood-red stain used in blazoning.

Yeah, "proper" means natural color; I didn't bother to look that one
up for exact meaning, as I figured the double-entendre was intended,
as it was with "sanguine".

It all means "give me the chance and I will run over your ass if I
think I can get away with it", which of course, they pretty much know
they can.

At least until the 3' passing laws become standard. What is it now, 11
states that have such a law? Bet that makes some motorists so mad they
could kill somebody... --D-y

[email protected] wrote:

> Yeah, "proper" means natural color; I didn't bother to look that one
> up for exact meaning, as I figured the double-entendre was intended,
> as it was with "sanguine".
>
> It all means "give me the chance and I will run over your ass if I
> think I can get away with it", which of course, they pretty much know
> they can.
>
> At least until the 3' passing laws become standard. What is it now, 11
> states that have such a law? Bet that makes some motorists so mad they
> could kill somebody... --D-y

Actually, since it was coming from the heraldry group, I think he was
merely remarking on some of the other postings obvious hostility, and
pointing out the thread's lack of relationship to heraldry, especially
since he dropped the heraldry group from the group list and no one has
bothered to put it back.

"Pudentame" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> The guy who was kvetching about it trimmed it.

So you found your big opportunity to tell us all you are Jewish. Bravo, we
are all impressed. Having done that I assume you will not need to continue
using these dumbass Yiddish terms any more than I speak Spansih in this ng.
Thank you

On Jun 13, 6:19 pm, Pudentame <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Yeah, "proper" means natural color; I didn't bother to look that one
> > up for exact meaning, as I figured the double-entendre was intended,
> > as it was with "sanguine".

> > It all means "give me the chance and I will run over your ass if I
> > think I can get away with it", which of course, they pretty much know
> > they can.

> > At least until the 3' passing laws become standard. What is it now, 11
> > states that have such a law? Bet that makes some motorists so mad they
> > could kill somebody... --D-y

> Actually, since it was coming from the heraldry group, I think he was
> merely remarking on some of the other postings obvious hostility, and
> pointing out the thread's lack of relationship to heraldry, especially
> since he dropped the heraldry group from the group list and no one has
> bothered to put it back.

I think he got in a cheap shot and ran away. --D-y

"Pudentame" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Actually, since it was coming from the heraldry group, I think he was
> merely remarking on some of the other postings obvious hostility, and
> pointing out the thread's lack of relationship to heraldry, especially
> since he dropped the heraldry group from the group list and no one has
> bothered to put it back.

This group is remarkable for it's friendly conversations. Try some of the
other groups if you want hostility.

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "Pudentame" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Actually, since it was coming from the heraldry group, I think he was
>> merely remarking on some of the other postings obvious hostility, and
>> pointing out the thread's lack of relationship to heraldry, especially
>> since he dropped the heraldry group from the group list and no one has
>> bothered to put it back.

> This group is remarkable for it's friendly conversations. Try some of the
> other groups if you want hostility.

Which group is "this group"; tri.gen certainly ain't.

In article <[email protected]>, Pudentame
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Tom Kunich wrote:
> > This group is remarkable for it's friendly conversations. Try some of the
> > other groups if you want hostility.

> Which group is "this group"; tri.gen certainly ain't.

Tom comes to you courtesy of r.b.r, home of LIVEDRUNK! and where the
greeting "Dumbass" is a term of endearment.

Dan

On Jun 4, 6:35 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Yeah, that's right! When bicyclists adhere to the rules of the road
> here in NC, like they are supposed to, that is when you will probably
> see people be a bit more tolerant of them.

(snip)

Wow! 203 posts and counting! One of my most popular threads evah!

ROTFLMAOHYA!
HYA? Hysterically, Yet Again.

Errrrr....Tom..... Is that a challenge to a duel? An attempt at an
infringement of my rights to free speech? Are you a republican by
chance? And even if you DO say you are a Democrat, I imagine you will
have to admit voting for EWOC GWBush. At least in 2000, if not in
both 2000 AND 2004.

Gosh, you are soooooooooooooooo easy, pacho!

On Jun 4, 8:14 pm, nayR <[email protected]> wrote:
> Sounds like an angry driver to me. Especially when talkin' about
> walkin' a bicycle on a sidewalk.. walkin' a bicycle. Irony? Unless
> there's a mechanical issue or flat tire, I find it funny. Regardless
> if that's exercise or not, cyclists are allowed on the road as well as
> any car. No need for a bike lane to state that. Sure, there are
> cyclists who don't obey the law, but there are drivers who do the
> same. Passin' through an intersection when the light's yellow is not
> restricted to cyclists alone. It's not illegal, anyway. I doubt
> those cyclists would listen to you even if you told them much like
> drivers, so it's a lost cause.

Bicyclists are required to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians when
they are using their bikes on the sidewalk, my puppy. If you don't
believe it, go on downtown wherever you live and check with your local
law enforcement.

They'll school you....

"Black....juuuujuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!" * followed what it must sound like
as bugs and worms crawl on you.........just before.......
ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!
- Alice Cooper, "Black Juju"