Bicycle specific insurance in Aus

Hi, I just moved to Australia and would like to insure my most prised
possessions - my bikes.

Nobody seems to be able to help me with insuring my bikes without
insuring my home contents?

Can anyone assist?

On Jan 25, 2:51 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi, I just moved to Australia and would like to insure my most prised
> possessions - my bikes.
>
> Nobody seems to be able to help me with insuring my bikes without
> insuring my home contents?
>
> Can anyone assist?

Hmmm, you look like a troll. Try searching the archives. GIYF

<[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi, I just moved to Australia and would like to insure my most prised
> possessions - my bikes.
>
> Nobody seems to be able to help me with insuring my bikes without
> insuring my home contents?
>
> Can anyone assist?

Asumming ur not a troll, then no, You need hosuehold insurance. BV gives
you a verye xpensive option thru a 3rd party. It's ****. You have to pay
through the nose as well as a finder's fee or some ****. Bah humbug!!!

In aus.bicycle on Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:51:39 -0800 (PST)
[email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi, I just moved to Australia and would like to insure my most prised
> possessions - my bikes.
>
> Nobody seems to be able to help me with insuring my bikes without
> insuring my home contents?

THe various bike associations - BIcycle Victoria and Bicycle NSW at
least, don't know about other states - have an insurance option. It's
very expensive and it comes with contents insurance.

However, it does insure them while being ridden, which normal home
contents insurance doesn't.

If you really truly don't want to buy contents insurance, then look in
the yellow pages for an insurance broker and see if they can find you
a deal.

Zebee

On Jan 25, 9:11 pm, Zebee Johnstone <[email protected]> wrote:
> In aus.bicycle on Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:51:39 -0800 (PST)
>
> [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi, I just moved to Australia and would like to insure my most prised
> > possessions - my bikes.

> > Nobody seems to be able to help me with insuring my bikes without
> > insuring my home contents?

> THe various bike associations - BIcycle Victoria and Bicycle NSW at
> least, don't know about other states - have an insurance option. It's
> very expensive and it comes with contents insurance.
>
> However, it does insure them while being ridden, which normal home
> contents insurance doesn't.
>
> If you really truly don't want to buy contents insurance, then look in
> the yellow pages for an insurance broker and see if they can find you
> a deal.
>
> Zebee

Thanks Zebee!

Regards