Bicycle Trailers

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Mike Robinson, Mar 6, 2003.

  1. I use a trailer regularly and looked at the bob's and all the other models but never found one that
    suited my needs, So I build my own. Check out my site to see pictures of my "creations"..

    www.freewebz.com/mrobinson

    Sign my guest book and tell me what you think.

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. Interesting creations Mike... A couple of questions: What is the tare (net) weight of the trailer 1?
    How is the trailer hitch secured to the clamp on the seatpost? It's hard to tell from the picture.
    BTW do you move upright pianos for a living? The Goliath looks as if could carry one!

    Todd B

    "Mike Robinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I use a trailer regularly and looked at the bob's and all the other models but never found one
    > that suited my needs, So I build my own. Check out my site to see pictures of my "creations"..
    >
    > www.freewebz.com/mrobinson
    >
    > Sign my guest book and tell me what you think.
    >
    > Mike

  3. Nntp

    Nntp Guest

    the tare weight of trailer 1 is 12 pounds. I didn't weigh Golieth's tare weight but it's actually
    about the same.

    The trailer hitch is secured to the seat post with a U bolt through a piece of 1/4" angle iron. I
    have a 3/4" bolt through the other side of the angle iron which I slip the hitch over. The hitch
    is a 3/4" bolt with a universal-sytyle ball on it I'll put a picture up on the site as soon as I
    get a chance.

    No, I do not move pianos with Golieth. I an too nearsighted to drive so that is my means of geting
    groceries, hauling lumber, or taking my kids fishing (Notice the pieces of PVC pipe on the side for
    holding fishing poles)

    Even though Golieth looks unweildy, it still is pretty easy to handle.

    Any other questions? I'll be happy to answer

    Mike "Todd Blackwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Interesting creations Mike... A couple of questions: What is the tare
    (net)
    > weight of the trailer 1? How is the trailer hitch secured to the clamp on the seatpost? It's hard
    > to tell from the picture. BTW do you move
    upright
    > pianos for a living? The Goliath looks as if could carry one!
    >
    > Todd B
    >
    > "Mike Robinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I use a trailer regularly and looked at the bob's and all the other
    models
    > > but never found one that suited my needs, So I build my own. Check out
    my
    > > site to see pictures of my "creations"..
    > >
    > > www.freewebz.com/mrobinson
    > >
    > > Sign my guest book and tell me what you think.
    > >
    > > Mike

  4. Brad Paul

    Brad Paul Guest

    I have also made my own trailers. However, I like to cary more stuff.

    This I did just for fun. The ball hitch is what I normaly use for the 20' canoe
    http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/mis/pic/CO_will_hull.html

    http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/mis/pic/bike_canoe.html

    http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/big_one/bike_pic/jp_st_simons_island.html

    "Todd Blackwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Interesting creations Mike... A couple of questions: What is the tare (net) weight of the trailer
    > 1? How is the trailer hitch secured to the clamp on the seatpost? It's hard to tell from the
    > picture. BTW do you move upright pianos for a living? The Goliath looks as if could carry one!
    >
    > Todd B
    >
    > "Mike Robinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I use a trailer regularly and looked at the bob's and all the other models but never found one
    > > that suited my needs, So I build my own. Check out my site to see pictures of my "creations"..
    > >
    > > www.freewebz.com/mrobinson
    > >
    > > Sign my guest book and tell me what you think.
    > >
    > > Mike

  5. Nntp

    Nntp Guest

    interesting Todd. I have played with the idea of carrying my 14 ft. canoe on Golieth, Maybe t WOULD
    work. Have to try it out

    "Brad Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have also made my own trailers. However, I like to cary more stuff.
    >
    > This I did just for fun. The ball hitch is what I normaly use for the 20'
    canoe
    > http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/mis/pic/CO_will_hull.html
    >
    > http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/mis/pic/bike_canoe.html

    http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/big_one/bike_pic/jp_st_simons_island.ht ml

    > "Todd Blackwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Interesting creations Mike... A couple of questions: What is the tare
    (net)
    > > weight of the trailer 1? How is the trailer hitch secured to the clamp
    on
    > > the seatpost? It's hard to tell from the picture. BTW do you move
    upright
    > > pianos for a living? The Goliath looks as if could carry one!
    > >
    > > Todd B
    > >
    > > "Mike Robinson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > I use a trailer regularly and looked at the bob's and all the other
    models
    > > > but never found one that suited my needs, So I build my own. Check
    out my
    > > > site to see pictures of my "creations"..
    > > >
    > > > www.freewebz.com/mrobinson
    > > >
    > > > Sign my guest book and tell me what you think.
    > > >
    > > > Mike

  6. Harry George

    Harry George Guest

    [email protected] (Brad Paul) writes:

    > I have also made my own trailers. However, I like to cary more stuff.
    >
    > This I did just for fun. The ball hitch is what I normaly use for the 20' canoe
    > http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/mis/pic/CO_will_hull.html
    >
    > http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/mis/pic/bike_canoe.html
    >
    > http://bradpaul.bdp-optics.com/trips/big_one/bike_pic/jp_st_simons_island.html

    Hey I thought I was crazy to be considering bike-with-canoe (actually bike-with-Maas-ocean-shell).
    Looks like you are already there (successful or crazy, take your pick). I have a long grinding hill
    (several miles, 500 feet net) to/from my proposed launch point. Any warnings or suggestions?