Bicycle tuning

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Nebhotep, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. Nebhotep

    Nebhotep New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 10, 2003
    I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just 4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please write the address in the reply.Thanx.

    Tags:

  2. Dan Daniel

    Dan Daniel Guest

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:21:29 +1000, Nebhotep
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
    >4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not
    >the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please
    >write the address in the reply.Thanx.

    http://www.light-bikes.com/

  3. daveornee

    daveornee New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Messages:
    2,763
    <http://weightweenies.starbike.com/>

  4. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    Nebhotep wrote in message ...

    >I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
    >4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not
    >the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please
    >write the address in the reply.Thanx.

    Have a feeling it is around 7-8 lb Bog standard track iron is 10lb

    Trevor

  5. Lou Holtman

    Lou Holtman Guest

    "Nebhotep" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
    > 4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not
    > the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please
    > write the address in the reply.Thanx.
    >

    > --
    > Nebhotep

    In TOUR magazine issue of august or september there was an article of a guy
    who put together a road bike with a total weight of 3.78 kg (if I remember
    correctly).

    Lou

  6. Trevor wrote:

    > Have a feeling it is around 7-8 lb Bog standard track iron is 10lb

    Hmmm...mine is more like 16lb (without pedals). Maybe a Dolan
    all-carbon-fibre wonder is 10lb, but you wouldn't want to pay for it
    yourself.

  7. Nebhotep wrote:

    > I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
    > 4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not
    > the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please
    > write the address in the reply.Thanx.

    Do what Merckx did and add a bit of "drillium" ;-)

  8. << I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
    4.6 kg. >><BR><BR>

    The dude that owns Speedplay has a bicycle that weighs about 10 pounds-ridable.

    Peter Chisholm
    Vecchio's Bicicletteria
    1833 Pearl St.
    Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535
    http://www.vecchios.com

  9. Phil Brown

    Phil Brown Guest

    >The dude that owns Speedplay has a bicycle that weighs about 10
    pounds-ridable.

    That's an amazing bike.
    Phil Brown

  10. On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:20:25 +0100, Zog The Undeniable
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Trevor wrote:
    >
    >> Have a feeling it is around 7-8 lb Bog standard track iron is 10lb

    >Hmmm...mine is more like 16lb (without pedals). Maybe a Dolan
    >all-carbon-fibre wonder is 10lb, but you wouldn't want to pay for it
    >yourself.

    Dear Zog,

    Trevor may have confused pounds with kilograms. Or weighed
    his bike with both wheels in the air while sprinting.

    Light-heartedly,

    Carl Fogel

  11. closesupport

    closesupport Banned

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2004
    Messages:
    1,064
    mines like to light for me with its mavic cosmic and everything except the things you would expect to be metal (alloy)... well the bars are alloy full dura ace through out. any takers the wind blows me everywhere on it under 11.5lbs could reduce more bars wheels change for carbon

    The frame with forks weighs1.95kg (4.3lb)

  12. [email protected] wrote:

    > Or weighed
    > his bike with both wheels in the air while sprinting.

    LOL! Yes, I have been following the "Clash Of The Titans" thread with
    some amusement.

  13. On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:29:32 +0100, Zog The Undeniable
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> Or weighed
    >> his bike with both wheels in the air while sprinting.

    >LOL! Yes, I have been following the "Clash Of The Titans" thread with
    >some amusement.

    Dear Zog,

    Then you are also aware that the net increase in spoke
    tension must inevitably lift Trevor's bike even further off
    the scale.

    Or so I guess.

    Time to urge the Fury RoadMaster's protesting bulk through
    its daily double loop through the City Park. Less than 300
    miles to the thousand-mile mark, and then I may roll it onto
    the hay scales and find out the truth.

    Carl Fogel