Bicycle tuning

Nebhotep

New Member
Aug 10, 2003
I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just 4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please write the address in the reply.Thanx.

Dan Daniel

Guest
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:21:29 +1000, Nebhotep
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
>4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not
>the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please
>write the address in the reply.Thanx.

http://www.light-bikes.com/

daveornee

New Member
Sep 18, 2003
2,763
Nebhotep said:
I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just 4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please write the address in the reply.Thanx.

<http://weightweenies.starbike.com/>

Trevor

Guest
Nebhotep wrote in message ...

>I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
>4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not
>the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please
>write the address in the reply.Thanx.

Have a feeling it is around 7-8 lb Bog standard track iron is 10lb

Trevor

Lou Holtman

Guest
"Nebhotep" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
> 4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not
> the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please
> write the address in the reply.Thanx.
>

> --
> Nebhotep

In TOUR magazine issue of august or september there was an article of a guy
who put together a road bike with a total weight of 3.78 kg (if I remember
correctly).

Lou

Zog The Undeniable

Guest
Trevor wrote:

> Have a feeling it is around 7-8 lb Bog standard track iron is 10lb

Hmmm...mine is more like 16lb (without pedals). Maybe a Dolan
all-carbon-fibre wonder is 10lb, but you wouldn't want to pay for it
yourself.

Zog The Undeniable

Guest
Nebhotep wrote:

> I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
> 4.6 kg.I'm curious just how low can a bike go on weight.So money is not
> the issue,weight is.Everybody who knows websites about tuning,please
> write the address in the reply.Thanx.

Do what Merckx did and add a bit of "drillium" ;-)

Qui si parla Campagnolo

Guest
<< I have ''build'' a virtual bike from a german catalogue that weighs just
4.6 kg. >><BR><BR>

The dude that owns Speedplay has a bicycle that weighs about 10 pounds-ridable.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Phil Brown

Guest
>The dude that owns Speedplay has a bicycle that weighs about 10
pounds-ridable.

That's an amazing bike.
Phil Brown

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:20:25 +0100, Zog The Undeniable
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Trevor wrote:
>
>> Have a feeling it is around 7-8 lb Bog standard track iron is 10lb

>Hmmm...mine is more like 16lb (without pedals). Maybe a Dolan
>all-carbon-fibre wonder is 10lb, but you wouldn't want to pay for it
>yourself.

Dear Zog,

Trevor may have confused pounds with kilograms. Or weighed
his bike with both wheels in the air while sprinting.

Light-heartedly,

Carl Fogel

closesupport

Banned
Jul 18, 2004
1,064
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Trevor wrote:
>
>> Have a feeling it is around 7-8 lb Bog standard track iron is 10lb

>Hmmm...mine is more like 16lb (without pedals). Maybe a Dolan
>all-carbon-fibre wonder is 10lb, but you wouldn't want to pay for it
>yourself.

Dear Zog,

Trevor may have confused pounds with kilograms. Or weighed
his bike with both wheels in the air while sprinting.

Light-heartedly,

Carl Fogel
mines like to light for me with its mavic cosmic and everything except the things you would expect to be metal (alloy)... well the bars are alloy full dura ace through out. any takers the wind blows me everywhere on it under 11.5lbs could reduce more bars wheels change for carbon

The frame with forks weighs1.95kg (4.3lb)

Zog The Undeniable

Guest
[email protected] wrote:

> Or weighed
> his bike with both wheels in the air while sprinting.

LOL! Yes, I have been following the "Clash Of The Titans" thread with
some amusement.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:29:32 +0100, Zog The Undeniable
<[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>
>> Or weighed
>> his bike with both wheels in the air while sprinting.

>LOL! Yes, I have been following the "Clash Of The Titans" thread with
>some amusement.

Dear Zog,

Then you are also aware that the net increase in spoke
tension must inevitably lift Trevor's bike even further off
the scale.

Or so I guess.

Time to urge the Fury RoadMaster's protesting bulk through
its daily double loop through the City Park. Less than 300
miles to the thousand-mile mark, and then I may roll it onto
the hay scales and find out the truth.

Carl Fogel