Bicycling and the Internet

Tom Johnson

Guest
Hi everyone,

I'm starting data collection for a research project about the Internet and sports information.

If you have ever used the Internet to look up any information pertaining to sports, I would
appreciate if you would fill out my survey. It should take between 11- 15 minutes to complete and
you could win a prize!!

http://apps.ws.utk.edu/sportsweb/

As part of the convenience sampling procedures we've including a "snowball" option - we're asking
you to please send the survey on to your friends and family who also go online for sports
information. There's a form at the end of the survey on which you'll enter your friends' email
addresses and they'll be whisked the URL.

Thanks so much for your help.

--
rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:

from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that only those
individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey

So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people interseted
in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)

Jan

---

"Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that
only
> those individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
>
> So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
> interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
>
> Jan

Nascar. ;^)

Mike - **** Trickle?! I'd have that looked at if I were you.

--
rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

Michael Dart wrote:

X-post removed.

>>from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that
>
> only
>
>>those individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
>>
>>So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
>>interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
>>

> Nascar. ;^)
>
> Mike - **** Trickle?! I'd have that looked at if I were you.

I thought it was Cole Trickle...

On 8 Apr 2003 20:55:01 GMT, "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote:

>from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that only those
>individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
>
>So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
>interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
>
>Jan

Looks to be more like market research than anything else... How believable is ESPN compared to CNBC
and "the sporting news"

I would be interested in finding out what educational purpose this survey has...

(unless of course the class is market research 301...)

--

Jan wrote:

> from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that only those
> individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
>
> So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
> interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)

Don't take it personally. This looks to me like the usual "market research" study passed off as an
"educational project".

Do it anyway, skew the results. <G>

Barry

--
rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

> Michael Dart wrote:
>
> X-post removed.
>
> >>from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that
> >
> > only
> >
> >>those individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
> >>
> >>So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on
your
> >>site only people interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
> >>

> > Nascar. ;^)
> >
> > Mike - **** Trickle?! I'd have that looked at if I were you.
>
> I thought it was Cole Trickle...

You watch too many movies. ;^)

Hehehe..."Top Gun on wheels". (Just in case you're serious http://www.dicktricklefanclub.com/ )

Mike

B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup wrote:
> Jan wrote:
>>
>> from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that only those
>> individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
>>
>> So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
>> interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
>>

> Don't take it personally. This looks to me like the usual "market research" study passed off as an
> "educational project".
>
> Do it anyway, skew the results. <G>
>
> Barry

Its tempting !!! Jan