Bicycling and the Internet

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Tom Johnson, Apr 8, 2003.

  1. Tom Johnson

    Tom Johnson Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I'm starting data collection for a research project about the Internet and sports information.

    If you have ever used the Internet to look up any information pertaining to sports, I would
    appreciate if you would fill out my survey. It should take between 11- 15 minutes to complete and
    you could win a prize!!

    http://apps.ws.utk.edu/sportsweb/

    As part of the convenience sampling procedures we've including a "snowball" option - we're asking
    you to please send the survey on to your friends and family who also go online for sports
    information. There's a form at the end of the survey on which you'll enter your friends' email
    addresses and they'll be whisked the URL.

    Thanks so much for your help.

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:

    Tags:

  2. Jan

    Jan Guest

    from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that only those
    individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey

    So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people interseted
    in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)

    Jan

    ---

    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  3. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that
    only
    > those individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
    >
    > So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
    > interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
    >
    > Jan

    Nascar. ;^)

    Mike - Dick Trickle?! I'd have that looked at if I were you.

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  4. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Michael Dart wrote:

    X-post removed.

    >>from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that
    >
    > only
    >
    >>those individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
    >>
    >>So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
    >>interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
    >>

    > Nascar. ;^)
    >
    > Mike - Dick Trickle?! I'd have that looked at if I were you.

    I thought it was Cole Trickle...

  5. Ajames54

    Ajames54 Guest

    On 8 Apr 2003 20:55:01 GMT, "Jan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that only those
    >individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
    >
    >So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
    >interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
    >
    >Jan

    Looks to be more like market research than anything else... How believable is ESPN compared to CNBC
    and "the sporting news"

    I would be interested in finding out what educational purpose this survey has...

    (unless of course the class is market research 301...)

    --

  6. Jan wrote:

    > from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that only those
    > individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
    >
    > So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
    > interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)

    Don't take it personally. This looks to me like the usual "market research" study passed off as an
    "educational project".

    Do it anyway, skew the results. <G>

    Barry

    --
    rec.bicycles.off-road is moderated by volunteers. To find help solving posting problems, or contact
    the moderators, please see http://rbor.org/ Please read the charter before posting:
    http://rbor.org/rbor_charter.txt

  7. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > Michael Dart wrote:
    >
    > X-post removed.
    >
    > >>from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that
    > >
    > > only
    > >
    > >>those individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
    > >>
    > >>So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on
    your
    > >>site only people interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
    > >>

    > > Nascar. ;^)
    > >
    > > Mike - Dick Trickle?! I'd have that looked at if I were you.
    >
    > I thought it was Cole Trickle...

    You watch too many movies. ;^)

    Hehehe..."Top Gun on wheels". (Just in case you're serious http://www.dicktricklefanclub.com/ )

    Mike

  8. Jan

    Jan Guest

    B a r r y B u r k e J r ." <"keep it in the newsgroup wrote:
    > Jan wrote:
    >>
    >> from site.... Although we recognize that the Internet is a global medium, we ask that only those
    >> individuals interested in U.S. sports participate in the survey
    >>
    >> So you only want Americans to take part?? Or as actually implies on your site only people
    >> interseted in US sports ( what's a "US sport" American Football? Baseball?)
    >>

    > Don't take it personally. This looks to me like the usual "market research" study passed off as an
    > "educational project".
    >
    > Do it anyway, skew the results. <G>
    >
    > Barry

    Its tempting !!! Jan