bicycling in Cleveland

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides archive' started by Nicholas, May 16, 2004.

  1. Nicholas

    Nicholas Guest

    Visiting Cleveland at the beginning of June, and I'm looking
    for ride recommendations.

    I'm thinking a loop of between twelve and twenty-five
    miles on a road bike. I prefer to avoid bike paths, but I
    don't know what's available. Are there some park roads not
    so heavily traveled in the morning? What kind of
    topography am I in for?

    I will be located near Puritas and W150th.

    Thanks for the help, Nicholas

    Tags:

  2. Karen M.

    Karen M. Guest

    Nicholas wrote:
    > Visiting Cleveland at the beginning of June, and I'm
    > looking for ride recommendations.
    >
    > I'm thinking a loop of between twelve and twenty-five
    > miles on a road bike. I prefer to avoid bike paths, but I
    > don't know what's available. Are there some park roads not
    > so heavily traveled in the morning? What kind of
    > topography am I in for?
    >
    > I will be located near Puritas and W150th.

    There's a Topic group called CrankMail that's based in
    Cleveland. You'll be inundated with maps, cue sheets,
    ride invites, and more! HTH --Karen M.

  3. Nicholas

    Nicholas Guest

    Karen M. writes:

    > There's a Topic group called CrankMail that's based in
    > Cleveland. You'll be inundated with maps, cue sheets,
    > ride invites, and more!

    Crankmail.com is exactly what I was looking for, to figure
    out where to ride.

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction,
    Nicholas Grieco