Bicycling in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Steve McDonald, Apr 11, 2003.

  1. For many years, the Hong Kong Visitors Bureau has had this promotional slogan: "Hong Kong will take
    your breath away!". Just yesterday, for reasons that remain mysterious, they changed it to: "There's
    no place like Hong Kong!". Can't argue with that. Incidentally, did you know that there's more
    bicycles per square mile in Hong Kong, than anywhere in the U.S.?

    Steve McDonald

    Tags:

  2. "Steve McDonald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > For many years, the Hong Kong Visitors Bureau has had this promotional slogan: "Hong Kong
    > will take your breath away!". Just yesterday, for reasons that remain mysterious, they
    > changed it to: "There's no place like Hong Kong!". Can't argue with that.

    No more oxygen perhaps?

    > Incidentally, did you know that there's more bicycles per square mile in Hong Kong, than anywhere
    > in the U.S.?

    No, not really. I would have guessed that some US bike shops could compete.. ;-)

  3. Victor Kan

    Victor Kan Guest

    Steve McDonald wrote:
    > "There's no place like Hong Kong!". Can't argue with that. Incidentally, did you know that there's
    > more bicycles per square mile in Hong Kong, than anywhere in the U.S.?

    I think there's more of just about everything (except maybe Americans) per square mile in Hong Kong
    than just about anywhere in the U.S. :).

    --
    I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for legitmate replies.

  4. Alpha Beta

    Alpha Beta Guest

    Maybe they can use the old slogan and old poster made with the old slogans when the memory of the
    SARS has faded.