Bicycling in the Virgin Islands

mperry

Guest
Thanks to all who responded to my question last month about cycling in the U. S. Virgin Islands.
Everyone agreed that it was not a good idea, so I did not take my bike and am truly glad I did not.
Too much traffic on very narrow roads and hills that make some of the Alpine climbs look flat--20%
plus grades! I did see 3 road cyclists on St. John, but they were not happy campers. The Islands are
beautiful, but a car or a boat is a better choice. Mike in Virginia.

Mike: I was on cruises to the USVI twice and went on organized biking excursions of St. Croix and
Water Island. St. Croix was somewhat hilly, especially in Frederiksted. Water Island was HILLY! Both
tours were very enjoyable with pretty scenery and knowledgeable tour operators.

>Thanks to all who responded to my question last month about cycling in the U. S. Virgin Islands.
>Everyone agreed that it was not a good idea, so I did not take my bike and am truly glad I did not.
>Too much traffic on very narrow roads and hills that make some of the Alpine climbs look flat--20%
>plus grades! I did see 3 road cyclists on St. John, but they were not happy campers. The Islands
>are beautiful, but a car or a boat is a better choice. Mike in Virginia.
>

>Subject: Bicycling in the Virgin Islands Path:
>lobby!ngtf-m01.news.aol.com!ngpeer.news.aol.com!newsfeed1.bredband.com!br
edband!news-spur1.maxwell.syr.edu!news.maxwell.syr.edu!newsfeed.stanford.e
du!postnews1.google.com!not-for-mail
>From: [email protected] Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.rides Date: 23 Mar 2003 17:40:30 -0800

Diana B., LPN Diva Nurse

The JerZ Fox

Money doesn't buy happiness. Poverty doesn't buy anything.