Bicycling Insurance

G

Well after my accident and loss of my love (my bike :-*) ;) i thought about insuring my bike to cover it if it was damaged/stolen etc. but the prices are unbeleivable.

its aus $472 for a bike up to $5000 (my bike new bike will be $6000) a year and then there are heaps of exemptions like its not covered if your racing or in a competive event or if its stolen while its not locked up. + more. What do you blokes think of this? i mean it would be good to have as i could not afford another bike if it happend again but i think its too expensive and restrictive.

G

I heard if your in a club you pay for your insurance in your fee, :) I dont think it would be that much? but I am pretty sure it does not cover your Bike from theft, Check it out, I dont know forsure? I only heard About it while I was riding with a fellow rider. I hope this help? ???

G

Does your national governing body provide appropriate insurance? I would assume that they could either provide you with the insurance directly or advise you where you could get it ???.

G

Does your national governing body provide appropriate insurance?
not to cover bike damage or theft.

i know where to get it thats how i quoted the price ;) ::)
im still thinking about it but its so bloody expensive

dimboy2

May 6, 2002
British Cycling Federation do cover when u get ur liscence u have to select gold or silver etc a bit more expensive