Bicycling tights/shorts or not?

>just stay funky, Steve. nothing anyone says will help you to see a better way.

hey I am being stubborn here (G) actually if I had the money I may change but I am broke right now.
if my clothes did not get dirty I would only change them once a week (G)

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See
http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:29:01 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>42 minutes is nothing to sneeze at! That's a lot longer than my commute, and I shower and change
>every time. If you don't want to go to the effort of changing, you can at least get a set of these
>"liner shorts":

that's what I am thinking. I would buy a pair and see.

>Even if you have a road "racing" bike, there are several rack options. The simplest is a seatpost
>rack, but it will only support a limited load. However, most racing bikes can be made to accomodate
>a full pannier-grade rack: I have a pretty Pinarello that is currently being subjected to the
>misery of rack use, and it has no bolt eyelets for mounting a rack near the dropouts.

I found a way to put a normal rack on back so I guess I could do the same. I don't need a lot of
storage. just for things for the bike. rain gear and such. I don't mind the backpack as long as it
is not loaded.

>For sure! Fenders are the best rain gear of all.
a very limited choice for racing bikes. they will cost me about 45.00

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See
http://www.knight-toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

In article <[email protected]>, Steve Knight
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 22:29:01 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >42 minutes is nothing to sneeze at! That's a lot longer than my commute, and I shower and change
> >every time. If you don't want to go to the effort of changing, you can at least get a set of
> >these "liner shorts":
>
> that's what I am thinking. I would buy a pair and see.
>

> >Even if you have a road "racing" bike, there are several rack options. The simplest is a seatpost
> >rack, but it will only support a limited load. However, most racing bikes can be made to
> >accomodate a full pannier-grade rack: I have a pretty Pinarello that is currently being subjected
> >to the misery of rack use, and it has no bolt eyelets for mounting a rack near the dropouts.
>
> I found a way to put a normal rack on back so I guess I could do the same. I don't need a lot of
> storage. just for things for the bike. rain gear and such. I don't mind the backpack as long as it
> is not loaded.
>
> >For sure! Fenders are the best rain gear of all.
> a very limited choice for racing bikes. they will cost me about 45.00

mec.ca sells "Freddy" fenders for about C$20 a set. Perfectly serviceable, may need to be cut down
for a true racing bike (what kind of "racing bike" do you have?).

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 21:59:18 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

>mec.ca sells "Freddy" fenders for about C$20 a set. Perfectly serviceable, may need to be cut down
>for a true racing bike (what kind of "racing bike" do you have?).

http://www.racycles.com/rd/catalog/casati_ellisse_genius_2038691.htm this is close I have the forks
the bike came with. no room for regular fenders they won't fit between wheel and forks.