Bicycling Wearing Apparel

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jmgradon, Dec 10, 2003.

1. drewski

drewski New Member

you're right. get out and ride. :)

2. eddiebrannan

eddiebrannan New Member

i can't - i haven't a stitch to wear! :D

3. drewski

drewski New Member

anyone remember that Assos ad several years ago that had a picture of a naked woman (only from the back) riding a bike (out of the saddle to prevent chaffing! ;) )?

i think the tag-line was "if i can't wear Assos, i wear nothing at all"

4. lokstah

lokstah New Member

Wasn't there a book promo or Luna Bar ad that featured Marla Streb naked on a Santa Cruz too?

She's a strong looking lady.

5. Corsaire

Corsaire New Member

Riding naked, hmmmmmm! that's an alternative!

Bike riders of the world UNITE!!!

Corsaire

6. lokstah

lokstah New Member

It would kind of eliminate all this ridiculous banter about what's right to wear, wouldn't it? And in the most fun possible way!

Of course, the injuries could be unique and horrific...

7. dhk

dhk New Member

I'd still want my helmet, gloves and shoes though....and plenty of talcum power or Chamois Butt'R.

Dan

8. Corsaire

Corsaire New Member

UHHHHH!!! that'd be interesting and sexy, a well shaped woman nude on the bike with just the helmet, gloves and shoes,
    NICE!!!!
    Corsaire

9. jmgradon

jmgradon New Member

I started this thread, which seems somehow to have gotten a bit out of hand. At any rate, I decided to tell my cousin/close friend about this website and forum, which I got into because I was looking to replace my old ten speed with a real road bike. He is a road bike rider from way back and used to take it very seriously. He read the thread and got a big charge out of it. His take, which I take seriously, is that gear is important to getting the greatest amount of enjoyment out of biking. To give you an idea where he is coming from, however, he said that I had to get shoes and clipless pedals so I could beat my competition to the next stop sign (despite the fact that I merely want to get some good exercise on some of the really great bike trails we have in the DC/Northern Virginia area). That's Joe for you. At any rate, I suspect I will get some gear, shorts probably, and padded gloves for sure. I can see that being a serious recreational bike rider is a complicated psychological phenomenon.