Anyone know what tyres the the big boy racers (Lance etc) use?
Thanks
T
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
UK and Europe · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Anyone know what tyres the the big boy racers (Lance etc) use?
Thanks
T
Tim said:Anyone know what tyres the the big boy racers (Lance etc) use?
Whatever they're paid to use ;-)
Seriously, Continental Competition tubulars are quite common - Ullrich & co use them. Trust me, you
don't want to get into tubulars - wire-on tyres are 99% as good, and some people would say they're
better these days.
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:Anyone know what tyres the the big boy racers (Lance etc) use?
Whatever they're paid to use ;-)
Seriously, Continental Competition tubulars are quite common - Ullrich & co use them. Trust me, you
don't want to get into tubulars - wire-on tyres are 99% as good, and some people would say they're
better these days.
Being of a non-racing breed can you tell me what benefits tubulars have these days? I thought they'd
use clinchers in this day and age.
Maybe if they gave me a 1% advantage and I had a team driving a car kitted with spare bits I would
be willing to consider them. I can't see them benefiting my mtb'ing though, somehow.
<ouch> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Being of a non-racing breed can you tell me what benefits tubulars have these days? I thought
they'd use clinchers in this day and age.
Allegedly: Better strength to weight ratio for the rim as it's box section. Less rolling resistance.
Better ride. The ability to remain controllable after a blow-out, but don't tell Beloki ;-)
But I imagine technology has narrowed or cancelled the advantages.
Pete
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.