BIG cold feet

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sevenrider, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Sevenrider

Sevenrider New Member

I have rather large feet.15 us 50 euro.I am looking for some booties that are warm and will fit my feet.I have some Teo sport ones I manage to stretch over my feet wear now but there only good to around 40f.
    Any other suggestions on keeping feet warm:confused:

Tags:

2. Ny Cykel

Ny Cykel New Member

I wished I had a good answer, I cannot dess warm enough and still ride the bike here in SLC.

3. snaps10

snaps10 New Member

buy an old wetsuit, and make a pattern using your teo's, but a bit larger, then sew some out of the old wetsuit. i have a pair from years ago that i did this way. still the warmest that i own.

4. Eden

Eden New Member

My hubby's size 16 feet fit into Gator Neoprene booties. I have a pair too and they keep my feet pretty warm. I usually wear either stormsocks or wool socks with a sock liner also (the booties are over the shoe style). We got our Gator's before they started making cycling specific shoe covers so check out the ones made for hiking boots if the cycling ones are too small.

oh- they don't do much to keep water out, but being neoprene are warm when wet

5. kleng

kleng New Member

SealSkinz socks with booties over the top, might be too warm though

6. Eden

Eden New Member

They probably won't work for Seven. From experience buying stuff for the hubby's big feet - stuff that doesn't have much give, like seal skins socks or other waterproof socks generally don't come in a size large enough to accomdate feet larger than size 12. Heck its hard enough to buy him normal socks.

7. carpediemracing

carpediemracing New Member

For booties, try the SideTrak bootie. They are neoprene and have no zipper in the back - just velcro on one side that sticks to the other side's outer surface. If you are desperate, you can modify them so that the velcro stretches out past the neoprene, like tabs - probably a dry cleaner could sew such tabs on pretty easily. You can also just wrap your ankles with a velcro strap to hold the back closed. On first glance the booties appear "cheap" with less form fitting curves, no zipper, no shiny stuff. But having paid upwards of $50 for booties, these are my favorites and they cost $30 at Excel. I use them down to the 20's F and in pouring rain (I tape the top with duct tape, keeps the water out longer).

electric insoles? parts of your foot may not stay warm but in general you'll be somewhat toasty. Just get something to cover the front of your foot and your ankle area - the SideTraks would work well.

guy with regular size feet
    cdr