Big Disappointment: Polar S720i Heart Rate Monitor

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
>> Let me ask you a question Padre. Would you be willing to die (blow
>> yourself up as a suicide bomber in order to advance a cause)? Of
>> course not, but that is exactly what the Muslim extremists are more
>> than willing to do....

> A study by Robert Pape of the University of Chicago collected data
> from all 315 suicide terrorist campaigns from 1980 to 2003, involving
> 462 individuals. His overall finding was the major objective of 95% of
> suicide attacks was to expel foreign military forces from territory
> that the terrorists perceive as their homeland.

July 27, 2005
Interview with Pierre Rehov, documentary filmmaker, on psychology behind
suicide bombings
On July 15, I appeared on MSNBC's "Connected" program to discuss the 7/7
London attacks (you can see video of the segment on the linked page). One of
my fellow guests was Pierre Rehov, a French filmmaker who has filmed six
documentaries on the intifada by going undercover in the Palestinian areas.
Pierre's upcoming film, "Suicide Killers," is based on interviews that he
conducted with the families of suicide bombers and would-be bombers in an
attempt to find out why they do it. Pierre agreed to my request for a Q&A
interview here about his work on the new film. Many thanks to Dean Draznin
and Arlyn Riskind for helping to arrange this special interview.

What inspired you to produce "Suicide Killers," your seventh film?

I started working with victims of suicide attacks to make a film on PTSD
(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) when I became fascinated with the
personalities of those who had committed those crimes, as they were
described again and again by their victims. Especially the fact that suicide
bombers are all smiling one second before they blow themselves up.

Why is this film especially important?

People don't understand the devastating culture behind this unbelievable
phenomenon. My film is not politically correct because it addresses the real
problem-showing the real face of Islam. It points the finger against a
culture of hatred in which the uneducated are brainwashed to a level where
their only solution in life becomes to kill themselves and kill others in
the name of a God whose word, as transmitted by other men, has became their
only certitude.

What insights did you gain from making this film? What do you know that
other experts do not know?

I came to the conclusion that we are facing a neurosis at the level of an
entire civilization. Most neuroses have in common a dramatic event,
generally linked to an unacceptable sexual behavior. In this case, we are
talking of kids living all their lives in pure frustration, with no
opportunity to experience sex, love, tenderness or even understanding from
the opposite sex. The separation between men and women in Islam is absolute.
So is contempt toward women, who are totally dominated by men. This leads to
a situation of pure anxiety, in which normal behavior is not possible. It is
no coincidence that suicide killers are mostly young men dominated
subconsciously by an overwhelming libido that they not only cannot satisfy
but are afraid of, as if it is the work of the devil. Since Islam describes
heaven as a place where everything on earth will finally be allowed, and
promises 72 virgins to those frustrated kids, killing others and killing
themselves to reach this redemption becomes their only solution.

What was it like to interview would-be suicide bombers, their families and
survivors of suicide bombings?

It was a fascinating and a terrifying experience. You are dealing with
seemingly normal people with very nice manners who have their own logic,
which to a certain extent can make sense since they are so convinced that
what they say is true. It is like dealing with pure craziness, like
interviewing people in an asylum, since what they say, is for them, the
absolute truth. I hear a mother saying "Thank God, my son is dead." Her son
had became a shaheed, a martyr, which for her was a greater source of pride
than if he had became an engineer, a doctor or a winner of the Nobel Prize.
This system of values works completely backwards since their interpretation
of Islam worships death much more than life. You are facing people whose
only dream, only achievement is to fulfill what they believe to be their
destiny, namely to be a shaheed or the family of a shaheed. They don't see
the innocent being killed, they only see the impure that they have to
destroy.

You say suicide bombers experience a moment of absolute power, beyond
punishment. Is death the ultimate power?

Not death as an end, but death as a door open to the after life. They are
seeking the reward that God has promised them. They work for God, the
ultimate authority, above all human laws. They therefore experience this
single delusional second of absolute power, where nothing bad can ever
happen to them, since they become God's sword.

Is there a suicide bomber personality profile? Describe the psychopathology.

Generally kids between 15 and 25 bearing a lot of complexes, generally
inferiority complexes. They must have been fed with religion. They usually
have a lack of developed personality. Usually they are impressionable
idealists. In the western world they would easily have become drug addicts,
but not criminals. Interestingly, they are not criminals since they don't
see good and evil the same way that we do. If they had been raised in an
Occidental culture, they would have hated violence. But they constantly
battle against their own death anxiety. The only solution to this
deep-seated pathology is to be willing to die and be rewarded in the after
life in Paradise.

Are suicide bombers principally motivated by religious conviction?

Yes, it is their only conviction. They don't act to gain a territory or to
find freedom or even dignity. They only follow Allah, the supreme judge, and
what He tells them to do.

Do all Muslims interpret jihad and martyrdom in the same way?

All Muslim believers believe that, ultimately, Islam will prevail on earth.
They believe this is the only true religion and their is no room, in their
mind, for interpretation. The main difference between moderate Muslims and
extremists is that moderate Muslims don't think they will see the absolute
victory of Islam during their life time, therefore they respect other
beliefs. The extremists believe that the fulfillment of the Prophecy of
Islam and ruling the entire world as described in the Koran, is for today.
Each victory of Bin Laden convinces 20 million moderate Muslims to become
extremists.

Describe the culture that manufactures suicide bombers.

Oppression, lack of freedom, brain washing, organized poverty, placing God
in charge of daily life, total separation between men and women, forbidding
sex, giving women no power whatsoever, and placing men in charge of family
honor, which is mainly connected to their women's behavior.

What socio-economic forces support the perpetuation of suicide bombings?

Muslim charity is usually a cover for supporting terrorist organizations.
But one has also to look at countries like Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Iran,
which are also supporting the same organizations through different networks.
The ironic thing in the case of Palestinian suicide bombers is that most of
the money comes through financial support from the Occidental world, donated
to a culture that utterly hates and rejects the West (mainly symbolized by
Israel).

Is there a financial support network for the families of the suicide
bombers? If so, who is paying them and how does that affect the decision?

There used to be a financial incentive in the days of Saddam Hussein
($25,000 per family) and Yasser Arafat (smaller amounts), but these days are
gone. It is a mistake to believe that these families would sacrifice their
children for money. Although, the children themselves who are very attached
to their families, might find in this financial support another reason to
become suicide bombers. It is like buying a life insurance policy and then
committing suicide.

Why are so many suicide bombers young men?

As discussed above, libido is paramount. Also ego, because this is a sure
way to become a hero. The shaheeds are the cowboys or the firemen of Islam.
Shaheed is a positively reinforced value in this culture. And what kid has
never dreamed of becoming a cowboy or a fireman?

What role does the U.N. play in the terrorist equation?

The UN is in the hands of Arab countries and third world or ex-communists
countries. Their hands are tied. The UN has condemned Israel more than any
other country in the world, including the regime of Castro, Idi Amin or
Kaddahfi. By behaving this way, the UN leaves a door open by not openly
condemning terrorist organizations. In addition, through UNRWA, the UN is
directly tied to terror organizations such as Hamas, representing 65 percent
of their apparatus in the so-called Palestinian refugee camps. As a support
to Arab countries, the UN has maintained Palestinians in camps with the hope
to "return" into Israel for more than 50 years, therefore making it
impossible to settle those populations, which still live in deplorable
conditions. Four-hundred million dollars are spent every year, mainly
financed by U.S. taxes, to support 23,000 employees of UNRWA, many of whom
belong to terrorist organizations (see Congressman Eric Cantor on this
subject, and in my film "Hostages of Hatred").

You say that a suicide bomber is a 'stupid bomb and a smart bomb'
simultaneously. Explain what you mean.

Unlike an electronic device, a suicide killer has until the last second the
capacity to change his mind. In reality, he is nothing but a platform
representing interests which are not his, but he doesn't know it.

How can we put an end to the madness of suicide bombings and terrorism in
general?

Stop being politically correct and stop believe that this culture is a
victim of ours. Radical Islamism today is nothing but a new form of Nazism.
Nobody was trying to justify or excuse ****** in the 1930s. We had to defeat
him in order to make peace one day with the German people.
Are these men traveling outside their native areas in large numbers? Based
on your research, would you predict that we are beginning to see a new wave
of suicide bombings outside the Middle East?

Every successful terror attack is considered a victory by the radical
Islamists. Everywhere Islam is expands there is regional conflict. Right
now, their are thousands of candidates for martyrdom lining up in training
camps in Bosnia, Afghanistan, Pakistan. Inside Europe, hundreds of illegal
mosques are preparing the next step of brain washing to lost young men who
cannot find a satisfying identity in the Occidental world. Israel is much
more prepared for this than the rest of the world will ever be. Yes, there
will be more suicide killings in Europe and the U.S. Sadly, this is only the
beginning.

Posted by Andrew Cochran at 04:43 PM | Permalink

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]
> I watched Fox news a few times and almost gagged at the right wing bias. I
> wonder how the reporters can keep a straight face while spewing BS, unless
> they had to be Republicans to get the job at all.

Are you able to distinguish between the news reporting and the commentary
programs? I strongly suspect CNN is more to your liking since it is nothing
but liberal propaganda. Anyone think Wolf Blitzer is a conservative? Or how
about Chris Matthews on MSNBC? Ah yes, nothing but fair and balanced there!

>> As for the New York Times, it was a cheerleader for invading Iraq, and
>> let Judith Miller serve as a de facto Pentagon spokeswoman.
>>

> No argument there either.
>
> Even Paul Harvey, who I have been listening to since I was a child in
> Chicago in the 50's, tends to lean pretty far right, but he has thrown in
> some big sighs over thing Bush has done. Maybe even he is getting tired of
> it. I wonder if old Paul will ever retire or just croak at his microphone?

Paul Harvey is one of the biggest assholes to ever stalk this earth. I
simply can't stand him. That g.d. **** about " ... and now for the rest of
the story." God, what a jerk he is!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota!

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> di wrote:
>> "Padre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> >
>> > Americans often seem to be ignorant of the fact that acts of terrorism
>> > aren't new to the European countries. Germany had Rote Armee, Italy had
>> > the Brigade Rossi (or whatever), France had Algerian separatists,
>> > Moroccan dittos and other disgruntles groups, for instance, in the
>> > mid-80's there was a period of bombing in Paris. UK had the Irish,
>> > Spain had the basque separatists and so on.
>> >
>> > Basically we've handled terrorism in Europe for decades, and although
>> > terrorists have had our attention, we have tried to shift attention
>> > back to what matters: keeping our societies so that they do not breed
>> > terrorism.
>> >

>> > --
>> > padre
>> >

>> That's a crock, appeasement is your defense.

> The means of terrorists are morally illegitimate, but often their
> demands are morally legitimate. If a society/government follows a
> morally correct course, they will not be put in the position of
> appearing to appease terrorists by changing to morally correct
> policies.

[...]

Those who feel aggrieved by their governments can protest and object all
they want, even to the point of taking up arms. But why bother the rest of
the world with their grievances. What is really happening in the Muslim
world is an objection to their confounded governments that exist in that
world. Why are they taking it to the West. Hells Bells, all we want is their
g.d. freaking oil for which we are paying a premium price.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan wrote:
<sniped tons of junk>
> Brickston, you are a near genius for sure and much more energetic than I can
> ever hope to be. Do not be so hard on poor Bill Baka. He is an artist and we
> need those types too.

I enjoy provoking and then sitting back and watching the war games.

> Sornson fancies himself as a gadfly and is hardly ever to be taken
> seriously. He is innocuous, unlike some others. I reserve my ammunition for
> those who truly pose a threat to Western Civilization.

BS (good initials for him) is too convinced he is the authority on
everything.

> Mr. Tom Sherman of ARBR is so wrongheaded that it is positively scary. I was
> like him in my long lost youth, but now I know better. If there are too many
> who think like Tom Sherman, then we are destroyed.

He is a bit of a "Deep ender", so far out of the box he can't see it.
Bill (just adding fuel to the fire) Baka

R Brickston wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 20:34:03 -0500, "M. Bakunin" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>> Sheik Bakuni El Looney... You call that writing? That's not writing,
>>> that's /typing/.

>> that's not thinking, that's regurgitating your nazi ****.

> Factoid on Sheik Bakuni El Looney--
>
> Lowest lieutenant in Al-Qaida stopped taking his SAT phone calls five
> years ago.

Guys,
Get 2 joining rooms with thick walls between you and shout it out.
Sheesh,
Bill Baka

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> You are kill filed but it works different in Thunderbird than any other
>>> software. It marks you as read and I have the option of dropping out and
>>> it eliminates you. Sometimes I just read some of your posts to see how
>>> lame they are and reply. To your honor, I un-kill-filed Dolan because I
>>> found him 'LESS' offensive than you.

> There is no point in kill filling the Great Ed Dolan because he will always
> post messages that others will respond to despite their best resolve not to.
> Get with the program and enjoy! I only aim to please after all.
>
> I am far ranging in my messages and you never know what I will pontificate
> on. Bill Baka and I are a lot alike that way. I am the utimalte Usenet
> warrior and you kill file me at your peril. I have ways of getting to you
> whether you are reading me or not.

You, sir Ed, I un-kill filed because your nature is not anywhere near as
mean spirited as Brick head, uhh, stone, err, ston. Brickston is an ass
and we all just need to realize that before reading his posts.
Bill (mellow tonight) Baka

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> [...]
>> I watched Fox news a few times and almost gagged at the right wing bias. I
>> wonder how the reporters can keep a straight face while spewing BS, unless
>> they had to be Republicans to get the job at all.

> Are you able to distinguish between the news reporting and the commentary
> programs? I strongly suspect CNN is more to your liking since it is nothing
> but liberal propaganda. Anyone think Wolf Blitzer is a conservative? Or how
> about Chris Matthews on MSNBC? Ah yes, nothing but fair and balanced there!

Distinguish, yes, watch, no. Microsoft NBC? Whatever Billy tells them to
slant it to.

>>> As for the New York Times, it was a cheerleader for invading Iraq, and
>>> let Judith Miller serve as a de facto Pentagon spokeswoman.
>>>

>> No argument there either.
>>
>> Even Paul Harvey, who I have been listening to since I was a child in
>> Chicago in the 50's, tends to lean pretty far right, but he has thrown in
>> some big sighs over thing Bush has done. Maybe even he is getting tired of
>> it. I wonder if old Paul will ever retire or just croak at his microphone?

> Paul Harvey is one of the biggest assholes to ever stalk this earth. I
> simply can't stand him. That g.d. **** about " ... and now for the rest of
> the story." God, what a jerk he is!

I listen to him for some of the tidbits at noon, rarely the evening
"Rest of the story.". Limbaugh is the asshole hypocrite that I can't
stand. He must be on the Republican payroll. Hence I keep and use my
shortwaves for the story direct from the source. Outdated, maybe, but
still very useful.
Bill Baka

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 06:01:23 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> [...]
>>> I watched Fox news a few times and almost gagged at the right wing bias. I
>>> wonder how the reporters can keep a straight face while spewing BS, unless
>>> they had to be Republicans to get the job at all.

>> Are you able to distinguish between the news reporting and the commentary
>> programs? I strongly suspect CNN is more to your liking since it is nothing
>> but liberal propaganda. Anyone think Wolf Blitzer is a conservative? Or how
>> about Chris Matthews on MSNBC? Ah yes, nothing but fair and balanced there!

>Distinguish, yes, watch, no. Microsoft NBC? Whatever Billy tells them to
>slant it to.

>>> No argument there either.
>>>
>>> Even Paul Harvey, who I have been listening to since I was a child in
>>> Chicago in the 50's, tends to lean pretty far right, but he has thrown in
>>> some big sighs over thing Bush has done. Maybe even he is getting tired of
>>> it. I wonder if old Paul will ever retire or just croak at his microphone?

>> Paul Harvey is one of the biggest assholes to ever stalk this earth. I
>> simply can't stand him. That g.d. **** about " ... and now for the rest of
>> the story." God, what a jerk he is!

>I listen to him for some of the tidbits at noon, rarely the evening
>"Rest of the story.". Limbaugh is the asshole hypocrite that I can't
>stand. He must be on the Republican payroll. Hence I keep and use my
>shortwaves for the story direct from the source. Outdated, maybe, but
>still very useful.
>Bill Baka

"Shortwave?" That's what you'll be doing as you watch your daughter
and I leave the church in the limo and head for the reception.

>> Of course, the rest of the world is not responsible for the USA's total
>> incompentence in understanding Intelligence. Hell , Scott Ritter (an
>> ex US marine ) told everyone that these statements were nonsense.
>> Ritter was No 2 man in the UN inspection teams.

>Ritter was an asshole and a liberal one at that. What else do we ever need
>to know about him.

But he appears to have been correct. He said that there were no
weapons and there were no weapons.

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 08:49:04 -0400, dgk <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Of course, the rest of the world is not responsible for the USA's total
>>> incompentence in understanding Intelligence. Hell , Scott Ritter (an
>>> ex US marine ) told everyone that these statements were nonsense.
>>> Ritter was No 2 man in the UN inspection teams.

>>Ritter was an asshole and a liberal one at that. What else do we ever need
>>to know about him.
>>

>But he appears to have been correct. He said that there were no
>weapons and there were no weapons.

So far.

"R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>>>Ritter was an asshole and a liberal one at that. What else do we ever
>>>need
>>>to know about him.
>>>

>>But he appears to have been correct. He said that there were no
>>weapons and there were no weapons.

> So far.

There were no weapons, except for the ones they found recently.

di wrote:
> "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> But he appears to have been correct. He said that there were no
>>> weapons and there were no weapons.

>> So far.

> There were no weapons, except for the ones they found recently.

Plus the ones still buried.

Plus the ones in Syria (or who knows where by now).

Plus of course the /programs/...

Saddam's agent /was/ in ***** seeking to buy uranium.

R Brickston wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:36:28 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> di wrote:
>>> "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> There were no weapons, except for the ones they found recently.

>> Plus the ones still buried.
>>
>> Plus the ones in Syria (or who knows where by now).
>>
>> Plus of course the /programs/...
>>

> Saddam's agent /was/ in ***** seeking to buy uranium.

How many people believe that now, after YEARS of the Wilson Lies?

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:07:32 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:

>>> Plus the ones still buried.
>>>
>>> Plus the ones in Syria (or who knows where by now).
>>>
>>> Plus of course the /programs/...
>>>

>> Saddam's agent /was/ in ***** seeking to buy uranium.

>How many people believe that now, after YEARS of the Wilson Lies?

Coulter this week was titled:

"JOE WILSON: THE END OF AN ERROR"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucac/20060907/cm_ucac/joewilsontheendofanerror

R Brickston wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:07:32 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> R Brickston wrote:

>>> Saddam's agent /was/ in ***** seeking to buy uranium.

>> How many people believe that now, after YEARS of the Wilson Lies?
>>

> Coulter this week was titled:
>
> "JOE WILSON: THE END OF AN ERROR"
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucac/20060907/cm_ucac/joewilsontheendofanerror

Man, they hate the truth.

Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

> R Brickston wrote:
>>
>> What's the worst charge on there? The woman that wanted to have you
>> charged for assault with a dead weapon?

> MORON,
> It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down with a
> big stick.
> Bill Baka

One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

"Little Meow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
> @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> R Brickston wrote:
>>>
>>> What's the worst charge on there? The woman that wanted to have you
>>> charged for assault with a dead weapon?

>> MORON,
>> It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down with a
>> big stick.
>> Bill Baka
>>

> One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
> beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
> the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

That was a good one, I'm still laughing, but also thinking that closing the
casket probably won't be a problem

Little Meow wrote:
> Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
> @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:
>
> > R Brickston wrote:
> >>
> >> What's the worst charge on there? The woman that wanted to have you
> >> charged for assault with a dead weapon?

> > MORON,
> > It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down with a
> > big stick.
> > Bill Baka
> >

> One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
> beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
> the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

Pinhole in the lid? [1]

[1] "Family newsgroup, buddy" - Bill Sornson

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Little Meow wrote:
> Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
> @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> R Brickston wrote:
>>> What's the worst charge on there? The woman that wanted to have you
>>> charged for assault with a dead weapon?

>> MORON,
>> It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down with a
>> big stick.
>> Bill Baka
>>

> One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
> beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
> the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

Carefully, I hope.
Bill