Big Disappointment: Polar S720i Heart Rate Monitor

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
>> Edward Dolan wrote:
>>> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...
>>> I would reserve public (free, i.e., socialized) education (K-8 only) for
>>> the
>>> poor and the trash who do not value education in the first place. It
>>> would
>>> be a sort of baby sitting service and at least instruct in the 3 R's.
>>> After
>>> Grade 8 education would be reserved for those who can pay for it out of
>>> their own pockets. Frankly, we do not need to have everyone in society
>>> educated, only a select few.

>>> Employer paid health care is unfair to all those workers and nonworkers
>>> who
>>> cannot get such plans. Try to get health insurance on your own and you
>>> quickly discover you can't afford it. Health care for everyone is a
>>> responsibility of the society at large, not employers.

>> Health care and education are the responsibility of the individual, who
>> should be allowed to COMPETE in a FREE MARKET to sell his/her labor,
>> products or services. He/she can take the compensation he/she has
>> gained in the FREE MARKET, and purchase said services that are offered
>> on a competitive FREE MARKET basis.
>>

> That is exactly why I prefer a nice 40-42 hour salaried professional job.
> I earn the benefits because my labor and college is worth it for them to
> get me to work for them. If I have 3 job offers dangling in front of me I
> am going to look at more than just the paycheck. Medical, Dental, Life
> insurance (I hope not needed), Stock options, and at least 5 years of
> company stability ahead. Let the manual laborers worry about it and then
> maybe they will go to college and get some skills that the employers will
> pay for. I let it be known I was willing to go back to the Silicon Valley
> rat race and shazam, I'm even getting offers of a company paid condo, plus
> the regular benefits. Now I sit back and juggle the offers. Oh, and ignore
> this group all week. One of the benefits I am looking for is a bike
> friendly company, but I can always ride to and from work if the traffic
> isn't too insane. Once I got to park my car inside the shipping department
> and sleep on the president's couch in the building, then use the jogger's
> shower, plus the cafeteria as a kitchen.
> I almost talked them into paying me extra as a night guard, but not quite.

Globalization will be the death of America. The fact is that not everyone
needs a college education and there are only so many good jobs to go around
in any event. All an employer should pay is a salary or a wage - no benefits
whatsoever. It is not fair for some few to have freaking benefits as part of
their employment package at the expense of all the rest of society.

This nation needs to get serious about how to provide for the general
welfare, most especially health care. I note when I go to the dentist now
that the prices are sky high because of all the g.d. insurance benefits that
some have.

There is nothing wrong with Bill Baka's attitude that a good long period of
unemployment would not cure.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Considering that most Harley-Davidson riders are at least middle-class
> and a large number middle aged, talking to them appears no more
> dangerous than talking to a group of golfers.

Except that golfers usually drink more.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> That is exactly why I prefer a nice 40-42 hour salaried professional job.
>> I earn the benefits because my labor and college is worth it for them to
>> get me to work for them. If I have 3 job offers dangling in front of me I
>> am going to look at more than just the paycheck. Medical, Dental, Life
>> insurance (I hope not needed), Stock options, and at least 5 years of
>> company stability ahead. Let the manual laborers worry about it and then
>> maybe they will go to college and get some skills that the employers will
>> pay for. I let it be known I was willing to go back to the Silicon Valley
>> rat race and shazam, I'm even getting offers of a company paid condo, plus
>> the regular benefits. Now I sit back and juggle the offers. Oh, and ignore
>> this group all week. One of the benefits I am looking for is a bike
>> friendly company, but I can always ride to and from work if the traffic
>> isn't too insane. Once I got to park my car inside the shipping department
>> and sleep on the president's couch in the building, then use the jogger's
>> shower, plus the cafeteria as a kitchen.
>> I almost talked them into paying me extra as a night guard, but not quite.

> Globalization will be the death of America.

99% probably true. But nobody sees anything but the Wal-mart made in
China cheap prices until their job goes over there.

The fact is that not everyone
> needs a college education and there are only so many good jobs to go around
> in any event.

What do you call a good job? Sewer cleaner?

All an employer should pay is a salary or a wage - no benefits
> whatsoever. It is not fair for some few to have freaking benefits as part of
> their employment package at the expense of all the rest of society.

What the Hell do you think I went to college for? If my services are
needed and they have to give me medical benefits to get me, then that's
just the way it is.

> This nation needs to get serious about how to provide for the general
> welfare, most especially health care. I note when I go to the dentist now
> that the prices are sky high because of all the g.d. insurance benefits that
> some have.

It's that malpractice insurance they are paying, so the M.D.'s are
making less. The damned dentists are making plenty. The last dentist I
went to bagged me for $79 after me waiting over an hour and he just say
me for less than 5 minutes.

> There is nothing wrong with Bill Baka's attitude that a good long period of
> unemployment would not cure.

Too boring. I now fix people's computers at their houses for less than
the one local shop wants just to take the cover off once they disconnect
it and bring it into the shop. Me, "Oh, just do this, buy some memory
and I'll put it in for you and show you how to use it.". Them, "Cover's
off, yup, it's a computer all right. That'll be $75.00 now and you can
have it back in a week and we will charge you the rest then". I have a
good thing going now, but I am going back to a 6 figure job with all
kinds of insurance and even stock. I was burned out for a while, now my
motivation is coming back, due to an excess of dumb red necks that
bought computers and don't know how to use them. Let somebody else teach
them.
Bill Baka

Rudolf Schmidt wrote:
> "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Considering that most Harley-Davidson riders are at least middle-class
>> and a large number middle aged, talking to them appears no more
>> dangerous than talking to a group of golfers.

> Except that golfers usually drink more.

Really?
Bill

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:07:39 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Yes, by the time Nixon came to office, it was all over except how to get
>> out. And Kissinger even screwed that up.

>Yeah,
>Peace loving Republicans. Uh-huh.

This just goes to show once again what a political dolt Baka is.

Nixon got us out of Vietnam period. The interesting difference is that
Johnson used a pacifist oriented bombing comittee to select
meaningless targets that would not anger the North, trying to keep
them at the table in Paris.

Of course, the North just laughed. How may months did North Vietnam
waste on what design the table (the actual piece of furniture) should
be for the Paris peace talks? All the while pouring in equipment, men
and material down the Ho Chi Min Trail.

Nixon, on the other hand, bombed the **** out of them and they
immediately came around and the war soon ended.

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
>> The above is nothing but sheer male fantasy of course. But hey, I would
>> not mind residing on Planet Baka for a short period of time in order to
>> see what I might have missed in life. However, women can spot an ascetic
>> like me a mile off and avoid me like the plague. I think they can sense
>> that I am NEVER in the mood for love.

> God,
> Do you live on an island or something. It happened, or did you forget how
> us people in California did things back then? Not to mention I was living
> in the hottest part of L.A., Hollywood. I had an apartment of Sunset Strip
> about a block from the Whiskey a Go-Go. Perfect timing to be living there.
> Too bad you missed out on life.

I abhorred the 60's with a passion. I hated everything about that decade.
And so I spent it wandering in the mountains and deserts of the Western U.S.
where I occasionally encountered hippies and yippies. I never met one of
them that I did not instantly hate. I literally wanted to kill them. I
simply can't stand scum humans.
[...]

>> Nope, all men fear death.

> I don't unless it is a prolonged and messy experience. No nursing home for
> me. I will go out (I hope) in the Steve Irwin style, doing something I
> like. A heart attack at 90 trying to attack an insane hill or being shot
> in bed with another man's wife.

A heart attack is not a bad way to die, but dying is not about death. Death
is about no longer existing, a very hard concept for us humans to wrap our
minds around. Hence, the necessity for religion.

Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again.

- Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard

> Until fairly recently, it was something that all
>> men lived with every day of their lives. Imagine what it must have been
>> like at the time of our evolution as naked apes. Only men can think due
>> to language.

> You have lost it. Higher animals can think, from Dolphins and porpoises to
> my cat. I doubt they spend their time contemplating death but they do
> think but not talk.

Nope, without language you cannot think. There is no way any animal other
than the human animal can have a concept of death. Various 'wild boy'
discoveries have proven this. Furthermore, unless you learn language by a
certain rather young age, you are lost forever to humanness.

> Therefore he can KNOW death the way no other animal can. How can
>> you live if you fear death every living second of your life. Truth is you
>> can't - and so the brain evolved religious beliefs. Even an atheist like
>> myself fears death and would like to believe in something beyond it.

> Dying is like going to sleep and not knowing if you are going to wake up,
> or wake up alive one more day, or in some sort of afterlife. I have been
> paddled back to the land of the living a few times in 1970 when the
> doctors really thought I was a goner after a royal car wreck, and I didn't
> 'see the light'. Either there is, or not. At worst I will miss the next
> TdF scandal.

Maybe so, but the realization of death itself is what matters. Only we
humans can contemplate death as a future for ourselves. It will be the same
after death as it was before life of course, but most humans cannot accept
this brute fact of life. Hence, religion.

>> I am convinced that there is a segment of the brain where religious
>> beliefs reside. Evolution is so remarkable because it insists on life
>> above all else and will be able to do almost anything to accomplish this
>> purpose. Darwin was 100% right about everything in the main and anyone
>> who disagrees with him is 100% wrong.

> Gee,
> I must be wrong. Many of my wife's relatives and a few people I have known
> have died before my age so I figure I am ahead of the curve right now. If
> I don't make it to tomorrow I won't be worried about it, but my daughter
> and grand kids will be.
> Don't worry, be happy.

Bill, you are being a realist and practical about it all, but there is more
to it than that for most of the rest of us. You cannot easily explain away
the universal belief of men in spirits and the supernatural. It all comes
from the fear of death of course. Bravado is NEVER any substitute for this
fear, but it makes a good show for others who do not think deeply on these
matters.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:07:39 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>> Yes, by the time Nixon came to office, it was all over except how to get
>>> out. And Kissinger even screwed that up.

>>Yeah,
>>Peace loving Republicans. Uh-huh.

> This just goes to show once again what a political dolt Baka is.
>
> Nixon got us out of Vietnam period. The interesting difference is that
> Johnson used a pacifist oriented bombing comittee to select
> meaningless targets that would not anger the North, trying to keep
> them at the table in Paris.
>
> Of course, the North just laughed. How may months did North Vietnam
> waste on what design the table (the actual piece of furniture) should
> be for the Paris peace talks? All the while pouring in equipment, men
> and material down the Ho Chi Min Trail.
>
> Nixon, on the other hand, bombed the **** out of them and they
> immediately came around and the war soon ended.

Ah, how refreshing to encounter someone who thinks like I do. Most on these
cycling newsgroups are left wing liberal nuts and screwballs (all one word)
and I am sick to death of them. I just don't know how folks ever get to be
so stupid.

Mr. Tom Sherman, a notorious liberal to be found mainly on ARBR, has almost
driven me crazy over the years with distraction. He truly sends me around
the bend when he equates the Israelis with the Palestinians. One is a
democratic people and the other is nothing but murder and mayhem. But
liberals live in a fog and cannot ever see anything clearly.

But that is what all ideologies do to you. The liberal ideology is not much
different than the communist ideology in that it keeps you forever dumb and
stupid.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> The g[God].d[Damn]. medical establishment is ripping off everyone. It is nothing but
> thievery....

The problem with health care is that there are artificial barriers to
entry (collusion to limit the number of medical school admissions) and
not letting qualified foreign doctors work in the US. Remove these
anti-free market barriers, and we would see medical costs drop
dramatically.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Edward Dolan wrote:

> [...]
>>> The above is nothing but sheer male fantasy of course. But hey, I would
>>> not mind residing on Planet Baka for a short period of time in order to
>>> see what I might have missed in life. However, women can spot an ascetic
>>> like me a mile off and avoid me like the plague. I think they can sense
>>> that I am NEVER in the mood for love.

>> God,
>> Do you live on an island or something. It happened, or did you forget how
>> us people in California did things back then? Not to mention I was living
>> in the hottest part of L.A., Hollywood. I had an apartment of Sunset Strip
>> about a block from the Whiskey a Go-Go. Perfect timing to be living there.
>> Too bad you missed out on life.

> I abhorred the 60's with a passion. I hated everything about that decade.
> And so I spent it wandering in the mountains and deserts of the Western U.S.
> where I occasionally encountered hippies and yippies. I never met one of
> them that I did not instantly hate. I literally wanted to kill them. I
> simply can't stand scum humans.
> [...]

You sort of have a point, since I at least had a job, first working real
work in a paper plant (International Paper) then when they laid off a
bunch of people I had to settle for a Jack in the Box. At least I did
work, even if my college to that point was ignored.

>>> Nope, all men fear death.

>> I don't unless it is a prolonged and messy experience. No nursing home for
>> me. I will go out (I hope) in the Steve Irwin style, doing something I
>> like. A heart attack at 90 trying to attack an insane hill or being shot
>> in bed with another man's wife.

> A heart attack is not a bad way to die, but dying is not about death. Death
> is about no longer existing, a very hard concept for us humans to wrap our
> minds around. Hence, the necessity for religion.

Ok,
But the only problem I can see is that my kids, kids^2, will miss me,
and I won't get to watch the various bicycle tours on OLNTV. That would
be my biggest gripe about going early.

> Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again.
>
> - Epitaph found on tombstone in Ohio graveyard
>
>> Until fairly recently, it was something that all
>>> men lived with every day of their lives. Imagine what it must have been
>>> like at the time of our evolution as naked apes. Only men can think due
>>> to language.

>> You have lost it. Higher animals can think, from Dolphins and porpoises to
>> my cat. I doubt they spend their time contemplating death but they do
>> think but not talk.

> Nope, without language you cannot think. There is no way any animal other
> than the human animal can have a concept of death. Various 'wild boy'
> discoveries have proven this. Furthermore, unless you learn language by a
> certain rather young age, you are lost forever to humanness.

Ed,
You are coming out as a holy fanatic now, elevating this shoddy race as
the only one who can think, by way of speech. Ocean mammals communicate
over great distances via sound, Dolphins and Porpoises even have equal
brain size to us, and Elephants grieve the loss of one of their own.
Just because whales talk via FM and not AM like us does not mean they
can't think. Maybe they know what's ahead and don't mind sacrificing
themselves to the whalers, knowing that at the present pace humans who
can think will probably ruin the surface of the Earth, if not also the
oceans. It has been shown that linguistic skills cause the brain to grow
more, thus a higher adult IQ but who knows what they are talking about
underwater? We have never decoded it, but they could be discussing some
pretty exotic stuff. Their disadvantage is no written language.

>> Therefore he can KNOW death the way no other animal can. How can
>>> you live if you fear death every living second of your life. Truth is you
>>> can't - and so the brain evolved religious beliefs. Even an atheist like
>>> myself fears death and would like to believe in something beyond it.

>> Dying is like going to sleep and not knowing if you are going to wake up,
>> or wake up alive one more day, or in some sort of afterlife. I have been
>> paddled back to the land of the living a few times in 1970 when the
>> doctors really thought I was a goner after a royal car wreck, and I didn't
>> 'see the light'. Either there is, or not. At worst I will miss the next
>> TdF scandal.

> Maybe so, but the realization of death itself is what matters. Only we
> humans can contemplate death as a future for ourselves. It will be the same
> after death as it was before life of course, but most humans cannot accept
> this brute fact of life. Hence, religion.
>
>>> I am convinced that there is a segment of the brain where religious
>>> beliefs reside. Evolution is so remarkable because it insists on life
>>> above all else and will be able to do almost anything to accomplish this
>>> purpose. Darwin was 100% right about everything in the main and anyone
>>> who disagrees with him is 100% wrong.

>> Gee,
>> I must be wrong. Many of my wife's relatives and a few people I have known
>> have died before my age so I figure I am ahead of the curve right now. If
>> I don't make it to tomorrow I won't be worried about it, but my daughter
>> and grand kids will be.
>> Don't worry, be happy.

> Bill, you are being a realist and practical about it all, but there is more
> to it than that for most of the rest of us. You cannot easily explain away
> the universal belief of men in spirits and the supernatural. It all comes
> from the fear of death of course. Bravado is NEVER any substitute for this
> fear, but it makes a good show for others who do not think deeply on these
> matters.

From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to
shame, there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with
completely different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be
a little 'bleed through'. Space is infinite and there could be more
universes out so far we would never have a chance to see them or hear
their radio signals. Do you think there is a brick wall 14+ billion
light years out? Infinity is infinite, as in beyond the imaginations of
the still primitive human race.
People are so self centered and limited in imagination.
Bill Baka

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:45:18 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

> From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to
>shame, there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with
>completely different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be
>a little 'bleed through'.

See, what have I been telling you? This is where Planet Baka must be
located. Is Billy a ghost or just a nutjob with internet access?

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:

[...]
>> I abhorred the 60's with a passion. I hated everything about that decade.
>> And so I spent it wandering in the mountains and deserts of the Western
>> U.S. where I occasionally encountered hippies and yippies. I never met
>> one of them that I did not instantly hate. I literally wanted to kill
>> them. I simply can't stand scum humans.
>> [...]

> You sort of have a point, since I at least had a job, first working real
> work in a paper plant (International Paper) then when they laid off a
> bunch of people I had to settle for a Jack in the Box. At least I did
> work, even if my college to that point was ignored.

All men need work. It is the one thing that gives some purpose to life. You
have no idea how hard it is to live a life without any purpose such as I
have done. Young people especially cannot be allowed to lounge around
unemployed. The hippies of the 60's were essentially lost souls and did not
know their asses from a hole in the ground. When I wasn't hating them, I
felt sorry for them.

>>> I don't unless it is a prolonged and messy experience. No nursing home
>>> for me. I will go out (I hope) in the Steve Irwin style, doing something
>>> I like. A heart attack at 90 trying to attack an insane hill or being
>>> shot in bed with another man's wife.

>> A heart attack is not a bad way to die, but dying is not about death.
>> Death is about no longer existing, a very hard concept for us humans to
>> wrap our minds around. Hence, the necessity for religion.

> Ok,
> But the only problem I can see is that my kids, kids^2, will miss me, and
> I won't get to watch the various bicycle tours on OLNTV. That would be my
> biggest gripe about going early.

Hey Bill, who wants to live to be 100? Well, anyone who is 99!
[...]

>> Nope, without language you cannot think. There is no way any animal other
>> than the human animal can have a concept of death. Various 'wild boy'
>> discoveries have proven this. Furthermore, unless you learn language by a
>> certain rather young age, you are lost forever to humanness.

> Ed,
> You are coming out as a holy fanatic now, elevating this shoddy race as
> the only one who can think, by way of speech. Ocean mammals communicate
> over great distances via sound, Dolphins and Porpoises even have equal
> brain size to us, and Elephants grieve the loss of one of their own. Just
> because whales talk via FM and not AM like us does not mean they can't
> think. Maybe they know what's ahead and don't mind sacrificing themselves
> to the whalers, knowing that at the present pace humans who can think will
> probably ruin the surface of the Earth, if not also the oceans. It has
> been shown that linguistic skills cause the brain to grow more, thus a
> higher adult IQ but who knows what they are talking about underwater? We
> have never decoded it, but they could be discussing some pretty exotic
> stuff. Their disadvantage is no written language.

Animals other than men are sensual creatures and of course can have
feelings, but truly they cannot conceptualize like we humans can.
Communication is not speech. Speech requires language which only we humans
have.

A really great sociological experiment would be to raise a human child from
birth without any human contact whatsoever. This is the famous 'wild boy'
kind of thing which all social scientists dream about. The best evidence to
date is that such children never become human because of their lack of
language. They do have rudimentary feelings just as other animals do but
they cannot think.They appear severely retarded and this can never be
overcome.

By the way, this is the forbidden experiment and no social scientist can
every undertake it without being labeled a monster and a criminal.
[...]

>> Bill, you are being a realist and practical about it all, but there is
>> more to it than that for most of the rest of us. You cannot easily
>> explain away the universal belief of men in spirits and the supernatural.
>> It all comes from the fear of death of course. Bravado is NEVER any
>> substitute for this fear, but it makes a good show for others who do not
>> think deeply on these matters.

> From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to shame,
> there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with completely
> different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be a little
> 'bleed through'. Space is infinite and there could be more universes out
> so far we would never have a chance to see them or hear their radio
> signals. Do you think there is a brick wall 14+ billion light years out?
> Infinity is infinite, as in beyond the imaginations of the still primitive
> human race.
> People are so self centered and limited in imagination.

I know whereof you speak. But all of that is just pie in the sky
speculation. The fact is that we cannot escape our universe since we are
part of it.

Man everywhere is religious because it is ingrained in his brain. Although I
despise the Muslims, I understand them. They badly need to reform their
religion so as to get into the 2lst century, but it is a pipe dream to think
that men can live without religion. I will defend religion even though I do
not believe because I think most men need it. A man without any religion
frightens me somehow.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:45:18 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to
>>shame, there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with
>>completely different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be
>>a little 'bleed through'.

> See, what have I been telling you? This is where Planet Baka must be
> located. Is Billy a ghost or just a nutjob with internet access?

Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too. Bill Baka
should not kill file you as you provide a valuable down to earth sort of
reality. Even I need this from time to time.

Bill Baka and I are in the wild blue yonder much of the time. That is
because we are artists and one thought will always lead to another. This is
not really so bad as it gives the constricted and the constipated something
to mull over. Show some mercy occasionally. It takes courage to lay it all
out like Bill Baka and I do.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

[newsgroups resotored]

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> The g[God].d[Damn]. medical establishment is ripping off everyone. It is
>> nothing but
>> thievery....

> The problem with health care is that there are artificial barriers to
> entry (collusion to limit the number of medical school admissions) and
> not letting qualified foreign doctors work in the US. Remove these
> anti-free market barriers, and we would see medical costs drop
> dramatically.

Why the hell was this not posted to ARBR? It has my name in the subject
heading and no one knows better than Tom Sherman where I reside. He needs to
put his brain into gear and take note of the newsgroups.

Yes, we could do what you suggest but I think we would also have to get rid
of all health care insurance including employer covered health care
insurance. If and when everyone had to pay for their health care out of
their own pocket, you would see any amazing drop in prices.

By the way, there are plenty of foreign doctors in the VA system.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:24:08 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>A really great sociological experiment would be to raise a human child from
>birth without any human contact whatsoever. This is the famous 'wild boy'
>kind of thing which all social scientists dream about. The best evidence to
>date is that such children never become human because of their lack of
>language. They do have rudimentary feelings just as other animals do but
>they cannot think.They appear severely retarded and this can never be
>overcome.
>
>By the way, this is the forbidden experiment and no social scientist can
>every undertake it without being labeled a monster and a criminal.
>[...]

They already did that experiment, but Baka escaped his cage and
somehow learned English.

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:41:48 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>"R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:45:18 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to
>>>shame, there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with
>>>completely different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be
>>>a little 'bleed through'.

>> See, what have I been telling you? This is where Planet Baka must be
>> located. Is Billy a ghost or just a nutjob with internet access?

>Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too.

Cruel streak? Can't be done, Ed, usenet is just words on a screen from
strangers. That said, one can like, dislike another's writing style.
For example, I don't like, hate or dislike Baka because all I can see
are the words he produces, I don't know the guy. Now, his writing I
don't like, but I don't get all shook up about it.

Sure, it looks like I'm "unmerciful," but all Baka gets out of that is
one total stranger's words on his screen. That shouldn't be something
that evokes emotions. Example, Baka more or less claims "I can kick
your ass, Brickston!" (repeatedly, I might add), but can he? Of course
not, the words he writes cannot harm anyone and I play with that he
doesn't get it (nor will he ever, apparently).

Bottom line is the only person that can be cruel to the reader is the
reader him or herself.

> Bill Baka
>should not kill file you as you provide a valuable down to earth sort of
>reality. Even I need this from time to time.
>
>Bill Baka and I are in the wild blue yonder much of the time. That is
>because we are artists and one thought will always lead to another. This is
>not really so bad as it gives the constricted and the constipated something
>to mull over. Show some mercy occasionally. It takes courage to lay it all
>out like Bill Baka and I do.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
>aka
>Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Well, Ed, I get your writing, I don't think a lot of people do,
because its Whoooosh! over their heads, missing the finer subtleties
and they then take it too personally. You have writing craft, Baka,
otoh, is no comparison (not even on the same planet).

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message

<Not the next lines>
> Animals other than men are sensual creatures and of course can have
> feelings, but truly they cannot conceptualize like we humans can.
> Communication is not speech. Speech requires language which only we humans
> have.
>
> A really great sociological experiment would be to raise a human child from
> birth without any human contact whatsoever.

That kind of experiment would yield a very low I.Q. and the inability to
learn language later since that is what stimulates brain growth.

This is the famous 'wild boy'
> kind of thing which all social scientists dream about.

They can just dream.

The best evidence to
> date is that such children never become human because of their lack of
> language.

I.E. lack of brain development at an early age where the skull grows to
accommodate the growing brain. After about 12 the damage is done. Young
children have more neurons starving for input that any adult. That is
why there are so many bilingual children that can speak 2 languages
without a second thought.

They do have rudimentary feelings just as other animals do but
> they cannot think.

They can think as a human but since they can not speak or read their
educational inputs are limited.
They appear severely retarded and this can never be
overcome. No talking, comprehension, or reading and writing. Not
retardation as such.

> By the way, this is the forbidden experiment and no social scientist can
> every undertake it without being labeled a monster and a criminal.
> [...]
>
>>> Bill, you are being a realist and practical about it all, but there is
>>> more to it than that for most of the rest of us. You cannot easily
>>> explain away the universal belief of men in spirits and the supernatural.
>>> It all comes from the fear of death of course. Bravado is NEVER any
>>> substitute for this fear, but it makes a good show for others who do not
>>> think deeply on these matters.

>> From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to shame,
>> there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with completely
>> different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be a little
>> 'bleed through'. Space is infinite and there could be more universes out
>> so far we would never have a chance to see them or hear their radio
>> signals. Do you think there is a brick wall 14+ billion light years out?
>> Infinity is infinite, as in beyond the imaginations of the still primitive
>> human race.
>> People are so self centered and limited in imagination.

> I know whereof you speak. But all of that is just pie in the sky
> speculation. The fact is that we cannot escape our universe since we are
> part of it.

It is due to the limited Intelligence of the HUMANS you think are so
superior. We may be as ants to a truly advanced race.

> Man everywhere is religious because it is ingrained in his brain. Although I
> despise the Muslims, I understand them. They badly need to reform their
> religion so as to get into the 2lst century, but it is a pipe dream to think
> that men can live without religion. I will defend religion even though I do
> not believe because I think most men need it. A man without any religion
> frightens me somehow.

Now you are saying I scare you.
Make up your mind.
Bill Baka

Edward Dolan wrote:
> "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:45:18 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> From my scientific point of view, which apparently puts all here to
>>> shame, there actually could be interwoven parallel universes with
>>> completely different rules and the explanation for ghosts might just be
>>> a little 'bleed through'.

>> See, what have I been telling you? This is where Planet Baka must be
>> located. Is Billy a ghost or just a nutjob with internet access?

> Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too. Bill Baka
> should not kill file you as you provide a valuable down to earth sort of
> reality. Even I need this from time to time.

I kill filed him because he is a living definition of 'Asshole'. He is
not down to earth but should be below it by at least 6". I got this
because YOU answered him.

> Bill Baka and I are in the wild blue yonder much of the time. That is
> because we are artists and one thought will always lead to another. This is
> not really so bad as it gives the constricted and the constipated something
> to mull over. Show some mercy occasionally. It takes courage to lay it all
> out like Bill Baka and I do.

I just live and do not self pity. That he will never understand.
Bill Baka

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:36:11 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> See, what have I been telling you? This is where Planet Baka must be
>>> located. Is Billy a ghost or just a nutjob with internet access?

>> Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too. Bill Baka
>> should not kill file you as you provide a valuable down to earth sort of
>> reality. Even I need this from time to time.

>I kill filed him because he is a living definition of 'Asshole'. He is
>not down to earth but should be below it by at least 6". I got this
>because YOU answered him.

"he is a living definition of 'Asshole'." That really (sniff)...
hurts, Billy. You cruel and heartless *******.

>> Bill Baka and I are in the wild blue yonder much of the time. That is
>> because we are artists and one thought will always lead to another. This is
>> not really so bad as it gives the constricted and the constipated something
>> to mull over. Show some mercy occasionally. It takes courage to lay it all
>> out like Bill Baka and I do.

>I just live and do not self pity. That he will never understand.
>Bill Baka

Billy, you made a typo, let me fix it:

>I just lie and do self pity. That he will never understand.
>Bill Baka

"R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 06:41:48 -0500, "Edward Dolan" <[email protected]>
> wrote:

[...]
>>Brickston, you are funny as hell, but you have a cruel streak too.

> Cruel streak? Can't be done, Ed, usenet is just words on a screen from
> strangers. That said, one can like, dislike another's writing style.
> For example, I don't like, hate or dislike Baka because all I can see
> are the words he produces, I don't know the guy. Now, his writing I
> don't like, but I don't get all shook up about it.

Yes, the above is my attitude about it too by and large, but words can hurt
on occasion. When I first came on ARBR some 3 years ago, I couldn't believe
how sensitive everyone was. All of those types have long since gone and
those who remain all have the hides of rhinoceroses.

> Sure, it looks like I'm "unmerciful," but all Baka gets out of that is
> one total stranger's words on his screen. That shouldn't be something
> that evokes emotions. Example, Baka more or less claims "I can kick
> your ass, Brickston!" (repeatedly, I might add), but can he? Of course
> not, the words he writes cannot harm anyone and I play with that he
> doesn't get it (nor will he ever, apparently).

> Bottom line is the only person that can be cruel to the reader is the
> reader him or herself.

Well, there can occasionally be some emotion when exactly the wrong thing
gets said I must admit. But I try never to get riled about anything. Name
calling is useless and has no effect on me whatsoever, but I can be gotten
to if and when anyone ever gets my character figured out.
[...]