Big Disappointment: Polar S720i Heart Rate Monitor

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 06:01:23 GMT, Bill Baka <[email protected]> wrote:

>Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> [...]
>>> I watched Fox news a few times and almost gagged at the right wing bias. I
>>> wonder how the reporters can keep a straight face while spewing BS, unless
>>> they had to be Republicans to get the job at all.

>> Are you able to distinguish between the news reporting and the commentary
>> programs? I strongly suspect CNN is more to your liking since it is nothing
>> but liberal propaganda. Anyone think Wolf Blitzer is a conservative? Or how
>> about Chris Matthews on MSNBC? Ah yes, nothing but fair and balanced there!

>Distinguish, yes, watch, no. Microsoft NBC? Whatever Billy tells them to
>slant it to.

>>> No argument there either.
>>>
>>> Even Paul Harvey, who I have been listening to since I was a child in
>>> Chicago in the 50's, tends to lean pretty far right, but he has thrown in
>>> some big sighs over thing Bush has done. Maybe even he is getting tired of
>>> it. I wonder if old Paul will ever retire or just croak at his microphone?

>> Paul Harvey is one of the biggest assholes to ever stalk this earth. I
>> simply can't stand him. That g.d. **** about " ... and now for the rest of
>> the story." God, what a jerk he is!

>I listen to him for some of the tidbits at noon, rarely the evening
>"Rest of the story.". Limbaugh is the asshole hypocrite that I can't
>stand. He must be on the Republican payroll. Hence I keep and use my
>shortwaves for the story direct from the source. Outdated, maybe, but
>still very useful.
>Bill Baka

"Shortwave?" That's what you'll be doing as you watch your daughter
and I leave the church in the limo and head for the reception.

>> Of course, the rest of the world is not responsible for the USA's total
>> incompentence in understanding Intelligence. Hell , Scott Ritter (an
>> ex US marine ) told everyone that these statements were nonsense.
>> Ritter was No 2 man in the UN inspection teams.

>Ritter was an asshole and a liberal one at that. What else do we ever need
>to know about him.

But he appears to have been correct. He said that there were no
weapons and there were no weapons.

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 08:49:04 -0400, dgk <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Of course, the rest of the world is not responsible for the USA's total
>>> incompentence in understanding Intelligence. Hell , Scott Ritter (an
>>> ex US marine ) told everyone that these statements were nonsense.
>>> Ritter was No 2 man in the UN inspection teams.

>>Ritter was an asshole and a liberal one at that. What else do we ever need
>>to know about him.
>>

>But he appears to have been correct. He said that there were no
>weapons and there were no weapons.

So far.

"R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

>>>Ritter was an asshole and a liberal one at that. What else do we ever
>>>need
>>>to know about him.
>>>

>>But he appears to have been correct. He said that there were no
>>weapons and there were no weapons.

> So far.

There were no weapons, except for the ones they found recently.

di wrote:
> "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>> But he appears to have been correct. He said that there were no
>>> weapons and there were no weapons.

>> So far.

> There were no weapons, except for the ones they found recently.

Plus the ones still buried.

Plus the ones in Syria (or who knows where by now).

Plus of course the /programs/...

Saddam's agent /was/ in ***** seeking to buy uranium.

R Brickston wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:36:28 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> di wrote:
>>> "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> There were no weapons, except for the ones they found recently.

>> Plus the ones still buried.
>>
>> Plus the ones in Syria (or who knows where by now).
>>
>> Plus of course the /programs/...
>>

> Saddam's agent /was/ in ***** seeking to buy uranium.

How many people believe that now, after YEARS of the Wilson Lies?

On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:07:32 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>R Brickston wrote:

>>> Plus the ones still buried.
>>>
>>> Plus the ones in Syria (or who knows where by now).
>>>
>>> Plus of course the /programs/...
>>>

>> Saddam's agent /was/ in ***** seeking to buy uranium.

>How many people believe that now, after YEARS of the Wilson Lies?

Coulter this week was titled:

"JOE WILSON: THE END OF AN ERROR"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucac/20060907/cm_ucac/joewilsontheendofanerror

R Brickston wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:07:32 GMT, "Bill Sornson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> R Brickston wrote:

>>> Saddam's agent /was/ in ***** seeking to buy uranium.

>> How many people believe that now, after YEARS of the Wilson Lies?
>>

> Coulter this week was titled:
>
> "JOE WILSON: THE END OF AN ERROR"
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ucac/20060907/cm_ucac/joewilsontheendofanerror

Man, they hate the truth.

Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

> R Brickston wrote:
>>
>> What's the worst charge on there? The woman that wanted to have you
>> charged for assault with a dead weapon?

> MORON,
> It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down with a
> big stick.
> Bill Baka

One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

"Little Meow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
> @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> R Brickston wrote:
>>>
>>> What's the worst charge on there? The woman that wanted to have you
>>> charged for assault with a dead weapon?

>> MORON,
>> It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down with a
>> big stick.
>> Bill Baka
>>

> One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
> beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
> the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

That was a good one, I'm still laughing, but also thinking that closing the
casket probably won't be a problem

Little Meow wrote:
> Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
> @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:
>
> > R Brickston wrote:
> >>
> >> What's the worst charge on there? The woman that wanted to have you
> >> charged for assault with a dead weapon?

> > MORON,
> > It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down with a
> > big stick.
> > Bill Baka
> >

> One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
> beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
> the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

Pinhole in the lid? [1]

[1] "Family newsgroup, buddy" - Bill Sornson

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Little Meow wrote:
> Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
> @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:
>
>> R Brickston wrote:
>>> What's the worst charge on there? The woman that wanted to have you
>>> charged for assault with a dead weapon?

>> MORON,
>> It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down with a
>> big stick.
>> Bill Baka
>>

> One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
> beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
> the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

Carefully, I hope.
Bill

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> Little Meow wrote:
>> Bill Baka [email protected] wrote in news:DAlMg.23848$kO3.21181
>> @newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

>>> MORON,
>>> It's never been dead. After I die they will have to beat it down
>>> with a big stick.
>>> Bill Baka
>>>

>> One would think that fate would at least allow you to finish
>> beating it before you die, rather than forcing others to complete
>> the deed. Otherwise, how will they get the casket closed?

> Pinhole in the lid? [1]
>
> [1] "Family newsgroup, buddy" - Bill Sornson

You still have some work to do on the concept, grasshopper.

Nice flame, however. <eg>

Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
> "John Kane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Of course, the rest of the world is not responsible for the USA's total
> > incompentence in understanding Intelligence. Hell , Scott Ritter (an
> > ex US marine ) told everyone that these statements were nonsense.
> > Ritter was No 2 man in the UN inspection teams.

> Ritter was an asshole and a liberal one at that. What else do we ever need
> to know about him.

Yo Eddie!,

Maybe that Scott Ritter considers himself a conservative Republican and
supported Bush II and voted for him in the 2000 US Presidential
Election?

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain
"fdlagjaesgtp4epsadvdsajvadsvadjvdxzjvodjvof

Bill Sornson wrote:
> di wrote:
> > "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> So far.

> > There were no weapons, except for the ones they found recently.

> Plus the ones still buried.
>
> Plus the ones in Syria (or who knows where by now).

BUT TEACHER, THE DOG REALLY DID EAT MY HOMEWORK!

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> Bill Sornson wrote:
>> di wrote:
>>> "R Brickston" <rb20170REMOVE.yahoo.com@> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> There were no weapons, except for the ones they found recently.

>> Plus the ones still buried.
>>
>> Plus the ones in Syria (or who knows where by now).

> BUT TEACHER, THE DOG REALLY DID EAT MY HOMEWORK!

That's OK, Johnnie. The Brits and Russians and French (for God's sake) and
even Saddam's own generals will vouch for you (along with the U.N., CIA,
FBI, State Dept., etc etc etc.)

Oh, and don't forget the Kurds, of course. Pity they're too DEAD to talk
about it...

Bill Baka wrote:
> My wife and I are only together for convenience at this point. She holds
> me responsible for getting laid off after 9/11 even though everyone else
> did within 6 months when the company went down in flames. She loved
> those big paychecks that kept up her life style. Now I make less and she
> is ****** at me. I am an electronics engineer and most of the work is
> either off shored or they will hire an H-1B visa engineer from China or
> India since they work for peanuts compared to us Americans....

The FREE MARKET is never wrong. If competition brings down wages, it is
a natural correction to financial overcompensation.

What the US needs is to remove artificial barriers to practicing law
and medicine in the US, so the FREE MARKET will bring the costs of
these services to a reasonable level.

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
> Bill Baka wrote:
>> My wife and I are only together for convenience at this point. She holds
>> me responsible for getting laid off after 9/11 even though everyone else
>> did within 6 months when the company went down in flames. She loved
>> those big paychecks that kept up her life style. Now I make less and she
>> is ****** at me. I am an electronics engineer and most of the work is
>> either off shored or they will hire an H-1B visa engineer from China or
>> India since they work for peanuts compared to us Americans....

> The FREE MARKET is never wrong. If competition brings down wages, it is
> a natural correction to financial overcompensation.
>
> What the US needs is to remove artificial barriers to practicing law
> and medicine in the US, so the FREE MARKET will bring the costs of
> these services to a reasonable level.

What you don't realize is that you just stepped into a pile of **** with
that remark. Houses down there are going for over a million dollars to
live in a decent area. How the hell are you going to pay for that with a
globally adjusted wage? The foreigners, almost all of whom are single,
share a house between 4 or 5 or more. How is a married couple going to
compete with that? The damned executives pay themselves millions a year
so they can afford it then ***** about the shortage of skilled labor.
The reason for that is that any sensible kid going to college these days
is better off becoming a corporate lawyer, doctor, or something that
can't be off shored. Along the lines of your last comment, VOIP and
video conferencing via the Internet could make that happen. The
prosecution lawyer could be in India and the defense lawyer in China,
both on big screens in the courtroom. How about out sourcing politicians
while we are at it? I am sure they could find suitably corrupt ones
overseas too.
Bill Baka

"Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> "Bill Baka" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> [...]
>>> I watched Fox news a few times and almost gagged at the right wing bias.
>>> I wonder how the reporters can keep a straight face while spewing BS,
>>> unless they had to be Republicans to get the job at all.

>> Are you able to distinguish between the news reporting and the commentary
>> programs? I strongly suspect CNN is more to your liking since it is
>> nothing but liberal propaganda. Anyone think Wolf Blitzer is a
>> conservative? Or how about Chris Matthews on MSNBC? Ah yes, nothing but
>> fair and balanced there!

> Distinguish, yes, watch, no. Microsoft NBC? Whatever Billy tells them to
> slant it to.

MSNBC cable news channel has absolutely nothing to do with Bill Gates.

>>> No argument there either.
>>>
>>> Even Paul Harvey, who I have been listening to since I was a child in
>>> Chicago in the 50's, tends to lean pretty far right, but he has thrown
>>> in some big sighs over thing Bush has done. Maybe even he is getting
>>> tired of it. I wonder if old Paul will ever retire or just croak at his
>>> microphone?

>> Paul Harvey is one of the biggest assholes to ever stalk this earth. I
>> simply can't stand him. That g.d. **** about " ... and now for the rest
>> of the story." God, what a jerk he is!

> I listen to him for some of the tidbits at noon, rarely the evening "Rest
> of the story.". Limbaugh is the asshole hypocrite that I can't stand. He
> must be on the Republican payroll. Hence I keep and use my shortwaves for
> the story direct from the source. Outdated, maybe, but still very useful.

Limbaugh is the best and most entertaining radio talk show personality ever
to come down the pike. When others occasionally substitute for him, you
realize all over again what a genius he is. The drive-by media (NY Times,
CBS News, etc.) is pitiful compared to him.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka