big footed riders ?

cygnusx04

Sep 15, 2004
I`m a UK 13 and i`m struggling to find some decent road shoes. My Specialized Sonoma's are pretty good, but wanted to find out if any other big footed riders could offer any advice / suggestions / experience.

as a side note : is there any disadvantage to having big feet when cycling or anything i should bear in mind regarding my set up ?

cheers

Hi,

It would seem that there are big-footed cyclists out there!

I recently got some US15, UK14 road shoes by diadora from Nashbar in the states. Also Sidi do most of their shoes in large sizes i.e. up to eur 50, 52. If you're after a large, quality shoe, then Sidi would be a good bet, they even do extra wide versions

You may have already picked up a pair of shoes, but thought I would post anyway.

I took delivery of a pair of uk14 (Euro 51) Sidi Genius 4 Mega shoes. They ooze quality, are incredibly comfortable and really easy to adjust whilst on the bike. I got mine mail order from Condor Cycles in London. They have a website, www.condorcycles.com, but there's not much there - you would be better off ringing or emailing them. I needed adapter plates for my pedals, but they took care of that for me.

Their customer service is excellent.

cygnusx04 said:
thanks John. How much did you pay for these? are they wide enough?

many thanks

The down side is they cost £100. The good side is that they fit like a glove and are certainly wide enough. The whole shoe opens up for you to put your foot in then you just tighten the straps and you are off!

You can see where the money has gone - the quality is excellent.