Big guy looking for a big bike...

borneoslast

Nov 28, 2006
Hi everyone...

I've searched the threads and can't find a good answer to my question.

What's a good bike for a big guy?

I'm 6'8" tall and about 320lbs. I used to ride a lot (6+ yrs ago) but fell out of it when my bike was stolen - just never replaced it.

I'm ready to get back out on the trail but need to know what bikes are built for the big people of the world - obviously I'd be getting it to whittle down that weight!

Looking for mountain or hybrid - I do mostly trail (think city trails) and asphalt riding.

I appreciate any input anyone can give.

Thanks.

borneoslast said:
Hi everyone...

I've searched the threads and can't find a good answer to my question.

What's a good bike for a big guy?

I'm 6'8" tall and about 320lbs. I used to ride a lot (6+ yrs ago) but fell out of it when my bike was stolen - just never replaced it.

I'm ready to get back out on the trail but need to know what bikes are built for the big people of the world - obviously I'd be getting it to whittle down that weight!

Looking for mountain or hybrid - I do mostly trail (think city trails) and asphalt riding.

I appreciate any input anyone can give.

Thanks.
I'd be less concerned about the frame, and check out the rider weight limits for the wheelset. I like the Cannondale Bad Bay, Kona Dr Dew for asphalt/trail rides. These err more towards road use than mtb...which might not be what you're after.