BIG mt bike shoes?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Mooby, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. Mooby

    Mooby Guest

    Hi, I haven been looking online and in stores for mountain bike shoes for my huge feet. I normally
    wear 15-16 depending on the brand and type of the shoe.

    Today I tried on a pair of 48 shoes (can't remember make and model) and another pair of size 14 US.
    I could put both on but they weren't very comfortable. No pain but nice and tight.

    Anybody have a good source for size 15 or 50-52 shoes?

    PS. I don't really want to spend a fortune - under 100 bucks would be OK.

    Thanks in advance for any assitance!

    Mike

    Tags:

  2. Flyingcoyote

    Flyingcoyote Guest

    In news:[email protected]_s54,
    Mooby <[email protected]> scribbled:
    >> Hi, I haven been looking online and in stores for mountain bike shoes for my huge feet. I
    >> normally wear 15-16 depending on the brand and type of the shoe.
    >>
    >> Today I tried on a pair of 48 shoes (can't remember make and model) and another pair of size 14
    >> US. I could put both on but they weren't very comfortable. No pain but nice and tight.
    >>
    >> Anybody have a good source for size 15 or 50-52 shoes?
    >>
    >> PS. I don't really want to spend a fortune - under 100 bucks would be OK.
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any assitance!
    >>
    >> Mike

    SIDI. http://www.sidiusa.com/mtbs/index.html

    I have the same problem. There are a few other brands and models but I stick with the good old
    reliable SIDI's now (paid $189). SIDI does have some less expensive models but I've no experience
    with them.

    Some cheaper ones would be some of the Shimano shoes (paid $99) and North Wave shoes (paid $89). I
    used to have a pair of each (I don't remember exactly which). The Shimano's held up well for a
    couple years but never fit quite right. The North Wave shoes were really nice for about 2 months,
    then they fell apart. I still have the Shimano shoes but never wear them. They just don't compare to
    my SIDI Dominator 4's, size 49. (I wear US 14 or 15, depending on the shoe.) They've held up well
    for 2 years now, through recreational/training riding (600+ annual hours), a season of XC racing (16
    races) and a season of CX racing (9 races).

    They've been put through some hell. ;-) http://www.abbiorca.com/bike/cross/cross2003/surfcity-finals-12-7-
    03/b/source/surfcity_final_03_n_0299.html

    http://www.abbiorca.com/bike/cross/cross2003/cross-nats-2003/saturday/men_30/source/a0bb6078.html
    --

    FlyingCoyote

    --

  3. Mooby wrote:

    > Hi, I haven been looking online and in stores for mountain bike shoes for my huge feet. I normally
    > wear 15-16 depending on the brand and type of the shoe.
    >
    > Today I tried on a pair of 48 shoes (can't remember make and model) and another pair of size 14
    > US. I could put both on but they weren't very comfortable. No pain but nice and tight.
    >
    > Anybody have a good source for size 15 or 50-52 shoes?
    >
    > PS. I don't really want to spend a fortune - under 100 bucks would be OK.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assitance!
    >
    > Mike

    I wear a 52 or size 15. SIDI is the only brand I found that makes Mtn Bike. The good part is that it
    is the most popular model and a very good shoe. I got mine at a local shop that had it in stock.
    Most likely you will have to special order. Shop around, I found prices vary.

  4. Mooby

    Mooby Guest

    Thanks, guys...I have been searching a little more on the Internet and Sidi
    looks like one of the few who make big shoes...but I have found a couple of
    shoes by Lake in those sizes also. If I end up getting something I will
    follow up with the info. :)

    Mike

    "John Michaels" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Mooby wrote:
    >
    > > Hi, I haven been looking online and in stores for mountain bike shoes
    for my
    > > huge feet. I normally wear 15-16 depending on the brand and type of the shoe.
    > >
    > > Today I tried on a pair of 48 shoes (can't remember make and model) and another pair of size 14
    > > US. I could put both on but they weren't very comfortable. No pain but nice and tight.
    > >
    > > Anybody have a good source for size 15 or 50-52 shoes?
    > >
    > > PS. I don't really want to spend a fortune - under 100 bucks would be
    OK.

    > > Thanks in advance for any assitance!
    > >
    > > Mike
    > >

    > I wear a 52 or size 15. SIDI is the only brand I found that makes Mtn Bike. The good part is that
    > it is the most popular model and a very good shoe. I got mine at a local shop that had it in
    > stock. Most likely you will have to special order. Shop around, I found prices vary.

  5. Onefred

    Onefred Guest

    "Mooby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s54...
    > Hi, I haven been looking online and in stores for mountain bike shoes for
    my
    > huge feet. I normally wear 15-16 depending on the brand and type of the shoe.
    >
    > Today I tried on a pair of 48 shoes (can't remember make and model) and another pair of size 14
    > US. I could put both on but they weren't very comfortable. No pain but nice and tight.
    >
    > Anybody have a good source for size 15 or 50-52 shoes?

    Wow, that is huge. I've often heard women comment that there is a direct correlation between a man's
    shoe size and how well endowed he is. Congratulations.

    > PS. I don't really want to spend a fortune - under 100 bucks would be OK.

    Hope this helps: http://tinyurl.com/2kw8u (link to NASHBAR)

    Two models are under $100!

    Dave

  6. Mooby

    Mooby Guest

    > "Mooby" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s54...
    > >
    > > Anybody have a good source for size 15 or 50-52 shoes?
    >
    > Wow, that is huge. I've often heard women comment that there is a direct correlation between a
    > man's shoe size and how well endowed he is. Congratulations.

    Sometimes stereotypes develop cuz they are true! Even if it's not true, my email Inbox is filled
    with lots of offers to enlarge this or that body part... ;)

    > Hope this helps: http://tinyurl.com/2kw8u (link to NASHBAR)
    >
    > Two models are under $100!
    >
    > Dave

    Thanks, Dave...I ordered the Lake MX101 in size 50, which Lake correlates to size 15 US. Hopefully
    they will do the trick!

    Mike

  7. Onefred

    Onefred Guest

    "Mooby" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > "Mooby" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s54...
    > > >
    > > > Anybody have a good source for size 15 or 50-52 shoes?
    > >
    > > Wow, that is huge. I've often heard women comment that there is a
    direct
    > > correlation between a man's shoe size and how well endowed he is. Congratulations.
    >

    > Sometimes stereotypes develop cuz they are true! Even if it's not true, my email Inbox is filled
    > with lots of offers to enlarge this or that body part... ;)
    >

    > > Hope this helps: http://tinyurl.com/2kw8u (link to NASHBAR)
    > >
    > > Two models are under $100!
    > >
    > > Dave
    >

    > Thanks, Dave...I ordered the Lake MX101 in size 50, which Lake correlates
    > size 15 US. Hopefully they will do the trick!
    >
    > Mike

    Mike, You should see the current issue of Bicycling. It shows a gigantic mtn bike frame that was
    specifically made for Shaquille O'Neal(sp?). It's something to see!

    Dave

  8. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    Mooby wrote:
    > Hi, I haven been looking online and in stores for mountain bike shoes for my huge feet. I normally
    > wear 15-16 depending on the brand and type of the shoe.
    >
    > Today I tried on a pair of 48 shoes (can't remember make and model) and another pair of size 14
    > US. I could put both on but they weren't very comfortable. No pain but nice and tight.
    >
    > Anybody have a good source for size 15 or 50-52 shoes?
    >
    > PS. I don't really want to spend a fortune - under 100 bucks would be OK.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any assitance!
    >
    > Mike

    Sidi makes a size 50. In fact I have a pair that are too big for me. Email me if you're interested.

    -Bruce