Big old jet airliner....

In article <[email protected]>,
?Slack <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:38:14 -0700, <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Apr 26, 5:06 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> she
> >> this
> >>
> >> Yeah, it ain't like the old days when companies actually cared what
> >> you thought about them. Now it's all about volume and the squeaky
> >> wheel can go to Hell for all they care.

> > It -IS- like the old days still. The company might not care what you
> > think but she still does. Flirt with her!!!!! Did you notice how
> > pretty she is? Let her feel the warmth of your gaze and then look coy
> > when she looks up and there will be no charge for the bike.

> Only one problem, she's a lesbian and hates men.

Negative attitude. I was with a friend at a government office to
transact business. He said "I hate these places. They treat you
like ****." I said "Watch this." I thought about what it is like
to be a clerk in those places, and dealing with everybody that
comes up to the window. I smiled at the clerk and kept in mind
that thought. The transaction went flawlessly and we both were
happier at the conclusion. It is a question the posture one
assumes.

--
Michael Press

On Apr 26, 8:43 pm, â–€Slack <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 15:38:14 -0700, <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Apr 26, 5:06 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> she
> >> this

> >> Yeah, it ain't like the old days when companies actually cared what
> >> you thought about them. Now it's all about volume and the squeaky
> >> wheel can go to Hell for all they care.

> > It -IS- like the old days still. The company might not care what you
> > think but she still does. Flirt with her!!!!! Did you notice how
> > pretty she is? Let her feel the warmth of your gaze and then look coy
> > when she looks up and there will be no charge for the bike.

> > dl

> Only one problem, she's a lesbian and hates men.
> --
> Slack

Not the stewardess!!! You're describing the bus driver.

> At $80-$100 per flight and flying one round trip per year the payback time
> would be 3-4 years, which is not completely unreasonable. My concern would
> be storing the S&S suitcase when I was on a cycle tour, it's not always
> easy to store a suitcase when I'm on an extended tour. I've flown to
> Europe with a bicycle at no charge 4 times since 2000, and next year's
> trip will probably be the last time my bike gets a free ride. Hard to
> complain, I've done pretty well up to this point. I keep an old road bike
> at my parents house for family visits, and if I were to fly anywhere else
> (not likely) I would either ship a bike UPS/FedEx if it was a long stay,
> or find some other way to get my exercise for a short trip.

For what UPS & FedEx are now charging ($400+ was the last quote from the
West Coas US to anyplace in Europe), it might be more sensible to buy a bike
over there, ride it, and then sell it used afterward.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

-snip wading through a bureaucracy-
Michael Press wrote:
> Negative attitude. I was with a friend at a government office to
> transact business. He said "I hate these places. They treat you
> like ****." I said "Watch this." I thought about what it is like
> to be a clerk in those places, and dealing with everybody that
> comes up to the window. I smiled at the clerk and kept in mind
> that thought. The transaction went flawlessly and we both were
> happier at the conclusion. It is a question the posture one
> assumes.

I buy a large amount of postal service 6 days a week and have a great
relationship with the staff, even the Saturday football nut who takes
the sports page I used to toss. They are extremely attentive and
helpful. Michael's dead right and I was among the doubters, now changed
in my opinion.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:16:24 -0500, A Muzi <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I buy a large amount of postal service 6 days a week and have a great
>relationship with the staff, even the Saturday football nut who takes
>the sports page I used to toss. They are extremely attentive and
>helpful. Michael's dead right and I was among the doubters, now changed
>in my opinion.

Depends a lot on the postal clerk. There are some locally that I have
come to know on a first name basis - very helpful. Then again, there
are some that are the classic "government worker waiting for
retirement". All in the same small office.

On Apr 28, 1:25 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:16:24 -0500, A Muzi <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

> >I buy a large amount of postal service 6 days a week and have a great
> >relationship with the staff, even the Saturday football nut who takes
> >the sports page I used to toss. They are extremely attentive and
> >helpful. Michael's dead right and I was among the doubters, now changed
> >in my opinion.

> Depends a lot on the postal clerk. There are some locally that I have
> come to know on a first name basis - very helpful. Then again, there
> are some that are the classic "government worker waiting for
> retirement". All in the same small office.

Pettycrats. They say "no" not so much because of the fact that what
you are doing is wrong or bad or different but simply because you have
given them the ability to say "no."

-M

On 28 Apr 2007 09:54:15 -0700, Marian <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Apr 28, 1:25 am, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:16:24 -0500, A Muzi <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >I buy a large amount of postal service 6 days a week and have a great
>> >relationship with the staff, even the Saturday football nut who takes
>> >the sports page I used to toss. They are extremely attentive and
>> >helpful. Michael's dead right and I was among the doubters, now changed
>> >in my opinion.

>> Depends a lot on the postal clerk. There are some locally that I have
>> come to know on a first name basis - very helpful. Then again, there
>> are some that are the classic "government worker waiting for
>> retirement". All in the same small office.

>Pettycrats. They say "no" not so much because of the fact that what
>you are doing is wrong or bad or different but simply because you have
>given them the ability to say "no."
>
>-M

Dear Marian,

True, but utterly different from RBT!

We only say "no" for clear and cogent reasons on matters of staggering
importance.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel