A big problem that many off-road riders have is simply that
they don't look far enough ahead while they are riding. Even
if you have tons of experience you will probably still benefit from
constantly telling yourself to look farther up the trail.
I'm sure it has happened to all of us. Things start to get technical
with rocks, wet roots and other nasties threaten to
yank away our front wheel. To try to keep this from happening
we focus on what is just in front of our wheel. It works, we manage to
stay upright, but we're not going as fast as we could.
We're fighting the trail, never really ready for what's coming
next and just not able to get on top of things, to get a good rhythm
going.
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
big problem that many off-road riders
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 2 March 2005
- Last activity
- 4 March 2005
- Original author
- Email address hidden
- Posts
- 4
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 587
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
I fall off when I look up & see the massive dropaway I'm about to ride down, so I panic & stack all over the place (What you don't see wont hurt you).
-
Quoted message said:
A big problem that many off-road riders have is simply that
they don't look far enough ahead while they are riding.That's because they're constantly looking down and behind to
see which bits of their poor abused bikes have fallen off into
the mud.--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo -
"Marx SS" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...Quoted message said:
I fall off when I look up & see the massive dropaway I'm about to ride
down, so I panic & stack all over the place (What you don't see wont
hurt you).i have always been told "look where you want to go, not where you DONT want
to go"
stu
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.