Big Ron Atkinson - Is he racist ?

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by limerickman, Dec 13, 2004.

1. tarczan

tarczan New Member

So, than you think there are differences? Or more easily, I'm just curious as to your defintion of the word. Don't be so truculent.

2. zapper

zapper Banned

Grow some will ya?

3. tarczan

tarczan New Member

You're being crptic. What do you mean "grow some"?

4. zapper

zapper Banned

No, I'm being truculent...If you had a pair, you wouldn't need to grow any....

5. FredC

FredC New Member

Just read it you poor soul. You're an outdated, outmoded, long haired, pot smoking throwback to 60's Hippyism, and no doubt a disciple of John Lennon.

6. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

my definition of the word?

i told you to re-read the thread from the start which you havent bothered to do. This isnt about my definition.

Tell you what, heres a dart, have a nother throw at the dictionary.

7. tarczan

tarczan New Member

I was honestly trying to engage you in an honest discussion of race, but it seems I'm not successful.

8. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

try asking a question rather than attackig and we'll happily engage you.

9. FredC

FredC New Member

just done a blinder for the clown, server was busy, lost it.

10. MERTON

MERTON New Member

is ron black or white?

and yes black people do call each other that here. it's like they own the word that they were once labeled with, from what i was told.

i thought you foreigners were less racist than americans? it's wierd reading all this.

ahhh!!!

his head makes ted kennedy's look small!!

where's the bling picks?

11. FredC

FredC New Member

Ron is neither, he dangles more bling-bling than the other black geezers put together, and has always been dipped in the chocolate sun. Respect Man Please.

12. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

Big Ron makes Mike Reid (aka Frank Butcher) look like a skinny white geek.

13. Brian Cotgrove

Brian Cotgrove New Member

G'day FredC, mate, I think you're much younger than your cronological age, there's nothing wrong with being 61, in fact for what it's worth I'm 66 years young.

Most of the blokes I know here are in their early to late twenties, some are thirty five and a couple are mid to late fourties, it keeps me young associating with them and of course being around to mentor, I also get to sit with their lady friends at race meetings too (There's a method in my madness). Drool? Drool? ;)

Alas poor yorick, I can't ride my bike as quickly as I once did and that's where they all show a bit of respect to me, they just piss off and wait till I get to the cafe'. My cup of hot chocolate is always there on the table waiting for me, even if it is a bit colder than when they ordered it.

However I usually get them back at the track training, while I'm timing them, I always give them a slower times just to piss them off. I love to see the look on their faces when I tell them that they were slower, after knowing that they have busted their nuts to get a better time.

That of course backfired on me at the track carnival just a couple of weeks ago when one of the 46 year old Div 4 riders actually rode a 24.77 second, for a 333 metre standing start, pushing a 92 gear.

Just as a bit of a name drop, I used to associate with "Roy James" alias "The Weasel". Ring a bell? Great Train Robbery, get away driver, he did I think about twenty five years for his part in that job. While in jail he became a jeweler and eventually married the prisoner govenor's daughter.

He only accepted the job to drive because he was at the time racing formula junior open wheelers and needed money, which was usual with racing cars. He also garaged his car near to mine in London, I had a Mini Cooper 997cc.

We both knew a guy called Kevin a panel beater, at Lewisham SE, shady character, as most panel beaters are ? Who was a fixit man, he knew a bit about the job and was asked to recruit drivers. I got the offer but the alarm bells rang and I turned it down.( thank God for that). Roy James did not, his payout after the job was about 75 thousand, good money for financing a race car, needless to say he didn't get to spend any before he got collared.

Someone ? tipped the boys in blue, the wink, and he was picked up outside his mews flat up in the town, outside a phone box, he was trying to get a taxi? He said he had 75 thousand in the duffle bag all in old used notes and the coppers said he had 65 thousand in the bag? Guess who got a nice bonus that day?

Well that's my claim to fame, them's were the days, foot loose and fancy free and "there's nothing wrong with that", "Monty Python"

Keep the writing light and cheerful Fred, it's better than you know what?
    Well when you get old that is? Well, so I've been told, Well, the french maid keeps me peckered up, Well, if you know what I mean? ;)

Have a good Christmas and a Verrrrry Merrrrrry Neeew Yeaaaar?TBC

14. FredC

FredC New Member

I think you should be a bit circumspect about your presumption in general about panel beaters, our own great King Albert Hitchen is of that ilk, and still has the arms and power to beat anyone in the pub. Lewishham, jeez mite, it's still a shit hole. You did the best thing to leave the country as all the jails are full, and you could have been transported to Botany Bay, in fact I'm just off to nick a loaf.
    So best wishes to all the common criminals, and the people who only paid £10 to get there. Ye bastards. Now you nick all the gold at the Olympics, seems here that it's heredity.

15. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

Channel 4 run this program called the Heist.
    It is four ex-cons who have to try to rob, variously - a race horse, a painting,
    a once-off Audi car.
    Classic stuff.
    The leader of the gang is a bloke straight out of central casting : circa
    Mike Reed (one time comedian) and Phil Mitchell.
    The others in the group are Gentleman robber Peter Scott (he got his hands on Sophia Lorens jewels in the 1960's) and an armed robber Terry Smith
    (Smif !!!!!!!!!), who did 15 years.

Bring back The Richardsons.

16. Brian Cotgrove

G'day Limerickman, yes, you've hit the nail on the head again, the Richardsons were drefinately "The Men" even "The Crays" used to step aside for them. As FredC said Lewisham, the/a shite hole of the South East. I had a look back to my old territory in 2002 and couldn't believe how it had gone to the dogs.

Yes Fred, one of the last of the breed, except my passage was without the mandatory leg irons unlike some of my forebear's. Lucky bastard, you bet your boots I am.

As for stealing the all gold, in Athens, the rest mustn't have been that hungry, Isn't that Ryan Bailey a sight to behold with his wheelies over the line?

And did you hear Big Phil's comments, about Ryan Bailey losing his back wheel,
    it's the cocky way he rides, he still remembers his days of riding BMX, which makes him a good showman as well as a good bike rider.

He's the type of bloke the cycling world has been waiting for, mainly in my opinion (for what it's worth) because he has engendered a new enthusiasm in our country in cycling.

All we need is for the main stream "MEDIA" to realise that there are other things beside, Rugby Union, Rugby League, Horse Racing, Swimming and Tennis. (note I didn't include the round ball game, as we don't see enough of that unless one has cable?) And who can afford cable on a bloody pension EH! No bugger it, I'm not going to get a job it will curtail my bike riding activities?

Footnote, have any of you lot seen "Oceans Twelve" it's worth a look, especially for "Catherine" the Welsh Siren? Now that's hot stuff, "Douglas" is a lucky Prick too?

Cop u later, keep the wheels in motion? TBC

17. FredC

FredC New Member

However much Ron got paid for this escapade is between him and the BBC, no doubt they told him that he could put his side of the incident into the light, and he no doubt believed this would be the case. The footage was eventually edited to castigate Ron, with his yardage mainly on the cutting room floor, or as the case is today dumped in the edit suite. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last case of entrapment that I have seen manufactured by the BBC for only a personal view of the Production team.
    But, as one TV critic pointed out, that the BBC missed a film shot trick at the end, and that was that "They forget to produce a blindfold, a firing squad, a blank wall and a last cigarette before shooting him dead"

18. Brian Cotgrove

" WHATEVER YOU DO, NEVER LET THE TRUTH GET IN THE WAY OF A STORY"
    Good or Bad isn't that the way "THEY" run the channels nowdays, the top brass don't care as long as they don't have to put their hands in the koffers or their own pockets to fund a law suit?

Nevertheless Ron will survive albeit minus a few bits of skin off here and there, he's made of sterner stuff, as long as the general concensus is that the faithful are behind him and he knows it then he'll get by?

Someone needs to do just that, any suggestions, apart form taking on the might of the BBC?

Lions "ONE" peasants "NONE"? Usual scoreline?

Keep the wheels in motion.TBC