BIG SADDLES!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Fred, Jun 1, 2003.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    My brother in law's saddle on his 50 year old Raleigh has just given up the ghost and for his 70th
    birthday I would like to treat him and buy him another one! However , his Lycett saddle stopped
    being produced (I think) but I would like to replace his old one with one as close as possible to
    the original i.e. 2 coil springs at the rear and broad enough to fit a unsuspensioned behind. Any
    suggestions? TIA Fred

    Tags:

  2. G Huang

    G Huang Guest

    Any one of these should do. http://www.brookssaddles.com/index.php?type=mens_trektour

    GH

    Fred wrote:
    > My brother in law's saddle on his 50 year old Raleigh has just given up the ghost and for his 70th
    > birthday I would like to treat him and buy him another one! However , his Lycett saddle stopped
    > being produced (I think) but I would like to replace his old one with one as close as possible to
    > the original i.e. 2 coil springs at the rear and broad enough to fit a unsuspensioned behind. Any
    > suggestions? TIA Fred

  3. Bluto

    Bluto Guest

    "Fred" <"Fred"@invalid.btinternet.com> wrote:

    > My brother in law's saddle on his 50 year old Raleigh has just given up the ghost and for his 70th
    > birthday I would like to treat him and buy him another one!

    I have had good luck with Brooks B72, B66 Champion, and B90/3. If weight and cost are not important
    criteria, I highly recommend the
    B90/3. Permaco.com is probably the least costly way to buy a Brooks, but others such as
    wallbike.com offer a satisfaction guarantee.

    I have had excellent experience with Lepper sadlles from Holland as well. They are softer when new
    and better sealed against moisture than Brooks saddles, though I doubt they have the same phenomenal
    longevity.

    There are no other currently made leather saddles I have seen that are not junk compared to
    these two.

    Chalo Colina