BIG SADDLES!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Fred, Jun 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred

Fred Guest

My brother in law's saddle on his 50 year old Raleigh has just given up the ghost and for his 70th
    birthday I would like to treat him and buy him another one! However , his Lycett saddle stopped
    being produced (I think) but I would like to replace his old one with one as close as possible to
    the original i.e. 2 coil springs at the rear and broad enough to fit a unsuspensioned behind. Any
    suggestions? TIA Fred

Tags:

2. G Huang

G Huang Guest

Any one of these should do. http://www.brookssaddles.com/index.php?type=mens_trektour

GH

Fred wrote:
    > My brother in law's saddle on his 50 year old Raleigh has just given up the ghost and for his 70th
    > birthday I would like to treat him and buy him another one! However , his Lycett saddle stopped
    > being produced (I think) but I would like to replace his old one with one as close as possible to
    > the original i.e. 2 coil springs at the rear and broad enough to fit a unsuspensioned behind. Any
    > suggestions? TIA Fred

3. Bluto

Bluto Guest

"Fred" <"Fred"@invalid.btinternet.com> wrote:

> My brother in law's saddle on his 50 year old Raleigh has just given up the ghost and for his 70th
    > birthday I would like to treat him and buy him another one!

I have had good luck with Brooks B72, B66 Champion, and B90/3. If weight and cost are not important
    criteria, I highly recommend the
    B90/3. Permaco.com is probably the least costly way to buy a Brooks, but others such as
    wallbike.com offer a satisfaction guarantee.

I have had excellent experience with Lepper sadlles from Holland as well. They are softer when new
    and better sealed against moisture than Brooks saddles, though I doubt they have the same phenomenal
    longevity.

There are no other currently made leather saddles I have seen that are not junk compared to
    these two.

Chalo Colina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.