BIG SADDLES!

Fred

Guest
My brother in law's saddle on his 50 year old Raleigh has just given up the ghost and for his 70th
birthday I would like to treat him and buy him another one! However , his Lycett saddle stopped
being produced (I think) but I would like to replace his old one with one as close as possible to
the original i.e. 2 coil springs at the rear and broad enough to fit a unsuspensioned behind. Any
suggestions? TIA Fred

Any one of these should do. http://www.brookssaddles.com/index.php?type=mens_trektour

GH

"Fred" <"Fred"@invalid.btinternet.com> wrote:

> My brother in law's saddle on his 50 year old Raleigh has just given up the ghost and for his 70th
> birthday I would like to treat him and buy him another one!

I have had good luck with Brooks B72, B66 Champion, and B90/3. If weight and cost are not important
criteria, I highly recommend the
B90/3. Permaco.com is probably the least costly way to buy a Brooks, but others such as
wallbike.com offer a satisfaction guarantee.

I have had excellent experience with Lepper sadlles from Holland as well. They are softer when new
and better sealed against moisture than Brooks saddles, though I doubt they have the same phenomenal
longevity.

There are no other currently made leather saddles I have seen that are not junk compared to
these two.

Chalo Colina