bigarse 'chopper'

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by [email protected], Feb 21, 2007.

  1. saw one of those bigarse 'chopper' SS's today - you know,
    the ones that K-mart sell...as soon as he hit a small incline, the
    gearing
    was so bad he had to get off and walk the thing...

    I'd be lying to say I wasn't a scene whore (gimmmmeee more CF!) but
    when it
    comes to things that don't actually improve the task at hand, I dont
    see the
    logic... hauling some 20kg+ hunk of shit bike around that cant even
    be
    properly ridden is insane..

    Isn't this why there is restricted gearing in younger grades for
    racing, to
    ensure kiddies don't wreck their knees while they are still
    developing?

    First impressions of things as a kid can be everlasting.. so imagine
    the
    damage being done to their perception of cycling if all they know are
    these
    clunky shitboxes?..

    Sure, these bikes would be fine if we all lived in some magical place
    where
    is always summer, near a beach, only rode very small distances at
    sunset,
    while drinking Coke(tm) and eating Snickers(tm), while watching hot
    chicks
    surfing (who are using tampons).... but no.. this was Doncaster East
    and
    someone was trying to ride to it ...

    Tags:

  2. Spoken4

    Spoken4 Guest

    [email protected] wrote:
    > saw one of those bigarse 'chopper' SS's today - you know,
    > the ones that K-mart sell...as soon as he hit a small incline, the
    > gearing
    > was so bad he had to get off and walk the thing...
    >
    > I'd be lying to say I wasn't a scene whore (gimmmmeee more CF!) but
    > when it
    > comes to things that don't actually improve the task at hand, I dont
    > see the
    > logic... hauling some 20kg+ hunk of shit bike around that cant even
    > be
    > properly ridden is insane..
    >

    > Isn't this why there is restricted gearing in younger grades for
    > racing, to
    > ensure kiddies don't wreck their knees while they are still
    > developing?
    >

    > First impressions of things as a kid can be everlasting.. so imagine
    > the
    > damage being done to their perception of cycling if all they know are
    > these
    > clunky shitboxes?..
    >

    > Sure, these bikes would be fine if we all lived in some magical place
    > where
    > is always summer, near a beach, only rode very small distances at
    > sunset,
    > while drinking Coke(tm) and eating Snickers(tm), while watching hot
    > chicks
    > surfing (who are using tampons).... but no.. this was Doncaster East
    > and
    > someone was trying to ride to it ...

    Same thing has crossed my mind when I see them at the LBS. I often think
    the same about 4wd's. If we all lived on unmade roads in the wet......

  3. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    The same thing crossed my mind too.. at exactly 10:21am on Nov 11 2005.

    http://tinyurl.com/22tb8k

    I've got no idea what this troll is about, but I'm flattered :)

  4. Shabby

    Shabby New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Perhaps they were trying to get post number 666 out of you.....

  5. gplama

    gplama Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 16, 2004
    Messages:
    7,817
    I'd reply, but that'd take me to 667... oh.. d'oh!

  6. SteveA

    SteveA New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2004
    Messages:
    1,309
    Woo...you had the same number of posts against your name for your last 2 posts (667 each time). How did you do that? You must have 'powers'......You must be the ......devil!!!

    SteveA