bigarse 'chopper'

saw one of those bigarse 'chopper' SS's today - you know,
the ones that K-mart sell...as soon as he hit a small incline, the
gearing
was so bad he had to get off and walk the thing...

I'd be lying to say I wasn't a scene ***** (gimmmmeee more CF!) but
when it
comes to things that don't actually improve the task at hand, I dont
see the
logic... hauling some 20kg+ hunk of **** bike around that cant even
be
properly ridden is insane..

Isn't this why there is restricted gearing in younger grades for
racing, to
ensure kiddies don't wreck their knees while they are still
developing?

First impressions of things as a kid can be everlasting.. so imagine
the
damage being done to their perception of cycling if all they know are
these
clunky shitboxes?..

Sure, these bikes would be fine if we all lived in some magical place
where
is always summer, near a beach, only rode very small distances at
sunset,
while drinking Coke(tm) and eating Snickers(tm), while watching hot
chicks
surfing (who are using tampons).... but no.. this was Doncaster East
and
someone was trying to ride to it ...

[email protected] wrote:
> saw one of those bigarse 'chopper' SS's today - you know,
> the ones that K-mart sell...as soon as he hit a small incline, the
> gearing
> was so bad he had to get off and walk the thing...
>
> I'd be lying to say I wasn't a scene ***** (gimmmmeee more CF!) but
> when it
> comes to things that don't actually improve the task at hand, I dont
> see the
> logic... hauling some 20kg+ hunk of **** bike around that cant even
> be
> properly ridden is insane..
>

> Isn't this why there is restricted gearing in younger grades for
> racing, to
> ensure kiddies don't wreck their knees while they are still
> developing?
>

> First impressions of things as a kid can be everlasting.. so imagine
> the
> damage being done to their perception of cycling if all they know are
> these
> clunky shitboxes?..
>

> Sure, these bikes would be fine if we all lived in some magical place
> where
> is always summer, near a beach, only rode very small distances at
> sunset,
> while drinking Coke(tm) and eating Snickers(tm), while watching hot
> chicks
> surfing (who are using tampons).... but no.. this was Doncaster East
> and
> someone was trying to ride to it ...

Same thing has crossed my mind when I see them at the LBS. I often think
the same about 4wd's. If we all lived on unmade roads in the wet......

Spoken4 said:
Same thing has crossed my mind when I see them at the LBS.

The same thing crossed my mind too.. at exactly 10:21am on Nov 11 2005.

http://tinyurl.com/22tb8k

I've got no idea what this troll is about, but I'm flattered :)

gplama said:
The same thing crossed my mind too.. at exactly 10:21am on Nov 11 2005.

http://tinyurl.com/22tb8k

I've got no idea what this troll is about, but I'm flattered :)
Perhaps they were trying to get post number 666 out of you.....

gplama said:
I'd reply, but that'd take me to 667... oh.. d'oh!

Woo...you had the same number of posts against your name for your last 2 posts (667 each time). How did you do that? You must have 'powers'......You must be the ......devil!!!

SteveA