Biggest Crash/ Accident

The_Name_is_Ash

Jul 28, 2003
I was just wondering what kind of crashes you guys get in. I was watching cross country biking and it seems all the races have some or another crash all over the place.

Originally posted by The_Name_is_Ash
I was just wondering what kind of crashes you guys get in. I was watching cross country biking and it seems all the races have some or another crash all over the place.

I haven't had what I would call a "crash" in many, many years myself. Usually the worst that happens is I lose it on a trail and have to bail, which usually results in a little tree hugging but nothing serious. But I'm not a racer either, and I use multiuse trails so I don't have the opportunity to do over 15-20mph on a downhill. I'm sure if I went all out I would end up breaking stuff.

Yeah, the one I was watching was somewhere in germany and it must have been one of the steepest hills I have seen in MBing it almost went straight down and a lot of them chickened out and took a side trail or walked it down.

Nothing serious. Biggest problem is going down steep hills too scared to go flat out and end up going over the handle bars trying to slow down. Also if I've been out for more than 3 hours I start getting tired and then make mistakes easy. Like letting the front tire slip out or hook my bars in a tree. I've seen people leave the trails on stretchers though. Scary.