biggest disappointments (individual & team)

slovakguy

Mar 17, 2006
...handing out goat horns to:

individual- iban mayo. expected so much more from him.

team- discovery. so much for hype.

Individual: Levi Leipheimer. Mayo was admittingly even worse (much worse, in fact), but I expected more from Levi, therefore I consider him the bigger disappointment. Tom Boonen was very disappointing as well.

Team: Discovery Channel, because about every single rider underperformed.

I was disappointed to see Alejandro Valverde having to leave the TDF injured
(again).

I had thought that Gilberto Simoni would do something in the TDF but he didn't.

Iban Mayo is a joke....we all now see his true colors without his dope....abandoning on a mountain stage is pathetic for once the best climber in the world..

I was expecting more from Levi Leipheimer, maybe his form (winning DL) came to soon.

I also (as Lim) expected to see more from Gibo at least in one of the mountain stages.

Iban Mayo....

But most of all Floyd Landis was awesome and given the fact that Klöden had a bad preparation because of his crash in April he had a great TdF!

Levi completely choked and I feel bad for him. Who knows what happened..

And, I will have to agree, DC completely blew it, but that is expected after their MVP leaves after 7 years, there is that disorder, next year will be better.

Also, I kind of think Dave Z blew it with his ITT. I def. thought he would win at least one.

Individual: Boonen (for abandoning); Savoldelli (for abandoning; collision with viewer post-stage did not seem that major)

Team: Discovery

Individual: Boonen (for abandoning); Savoldelli (for abandoning; collision with viewer post-stage did not seem that major)

Team: Discovery; CSC, TM (not for results, but for having let Floyd take back time)

Ullefan said:
Team: T-Mobile for taking out Jan.
I personally believe Ullrich would have won this tour....he could climb on par with Landis, but he would be able to out time trial him

MGM said:
I personally believe Ullrich would have won this tour....he could climb on par with Landis, but he would be able to out time trial him
He would have beaten FLoyd by 2-3 total minutes in the TTs and would have been the only one to force the pace higher on Alpe d'Huez.
Ferrari said they did Alpe d'Huez at 1700VAM, Floyd and Kloden.
It would have been faster with Jan and dont even mention Basso.

MGM said:

Oh man, JU would have destroyed the ITTs...

Another disappointment: All the riders who supposedly think they need to dope to be the greatest and get kicked out of the TdF.

TrekDedicated said:
Another disappointment: All the riders who supposedly think they need to dope to be the greatest and get kicked out of the TdF.
And another one: All those riders who doped and retired before testing positive.

My biggest disappointments: Boonen, BUt also I was kinda disappointed to see Karpets not perform well. Team: Discovery but also Liqugas was not good, with Di Luca dropping out and Garzelli wasn't that good except for one or 2 days

Individual: Garzelli
Team: Euskatel (Zubeldia was fine, but where were the others?)

Capt.Injury said:
My biggest disappointments: Boonen, BUt also I was kinda disappointed to see Karpets not perform well. Team: Discovery but also Liqugas was not good, with Di Luca dropping out and Garzelli wasn't that good except for one or 2 days
Big George, because I wanted him to win it all (yea, I know, I know) and his prologue was so promising. I'm unhappy he didn't win that stage.

And Boonen, just because I've seen him perform so well last year, and I didn't like his attitude, no matter how bad I felt for him.

Teamwise - Discovery, despite the stage win.

Bro Deal said:
And another one: All those riders who doped and retired before testing positive.

And another: all those who doped and didn't get caught and still rode the Tour. Okay, admittedly, I'm talking about basically all of them.