Biggest Eating Change

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Buck Naked, Feb 7, 2004.

  1. Buck Naked

    Buck Naked Guest

    I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.

    Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    had them last.

    Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation
    to disaster?

    Tags:

  2. Krys

    Krys Guest

    Pizza. Healthy pizza just ain't the same........and just one slice of responsible bad pizza just
    ain't enough..... *grin*

    And also rich fruit cake. It's my worst trigger food. Once started.........well..........best to
    avoid it all together I find!

    --
    krys

    UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

    "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    >
    > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    > had them last.
    >
    > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
    be
    > an invitation to disaster?

  3. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    >every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    >
    >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    >had them last.
    >
    >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
    >disaster?

    I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
    grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.

    I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  4. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    I have to bring chocolate into the house a piece at a time, most of the time. Sometimes I can have
    it around and not want it, but it is usually a problem.

    "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    >
    > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    > had them last.
    >
    > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
    be
    > an invitation to disaster?

  5. Stan

    Stan Guest

    Donuts.

    Stan

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    >every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    >
    >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    >had them last.
    >
    >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
    >disaster?

  6. the only thing I won't keep in the house is poptarts. It was often my snack
    of choice by default and I would not like to have them too handy. Other
    than that I eat whatever and have no problem with resisting types of foods
    or even second helpings, and I am very grateful this is the case, Lee
    buck naked <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    >
    > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    > had them last.
    >
    > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
    be
    > an invitation to disaster?

  7. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Potato chips and to a great extent cheese. Chips have been reserved for when I'm on a hiking trip -
    well, in the car for after and then only when the trip will be about a week in length - dayhikes do
    not "earn" me potato chips. And while I do buy cheese, I buy only very flavorful ones and in much
    more limited sizes.

    On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    >every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    >
    >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    >had them last.
    >
    >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
    >disaster?

  8. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    buck naked wrote:

    > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    >
    > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    > had them last.
    >
    > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
    > disaster?

    Biscuits/cookes! Especially Border Biscuits Chocolate Ginger Crunch! In the bad old days, I'd chow
    down a whole packet when I got in from collecting James from school, no problem! Now the only
    chocolate munchy things I eat are the WW bars at 1.5 points each. They are just (if not MORE)
    expensive, but I only have one or two a day, with a cup of tea, rather than half a packet with a
    cup of tea!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  9. Dcsena

    Dcsena Guest

    Chocolate is mine. Have to just not have it in the house. If I find I absolutly have to have some, I
    will go and get a single serving of something and eat it. Absolutly cannot have it in the house!

  10. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    krys wrote:

    > Pizza. Healthy pizza just ain't the same........and just one slice of responsible bad pizza just
    > ain't enough..... *grin*
    >
    > And also rich fruit cake. It's my worst trigger food. Once started.........well..........best to
    > avoid it all together I find!

    I make a chocolate christmas cake: heavy on the fruit and marzipan and chocolate! Luckily it is so
    rich that a small slice os quite enough!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  11. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    ray miller wrote:

    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > >every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    > >
    > >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when
    > >I've had them last.
    > >
    > >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
    > >disaster?
    >
    > I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
    > grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.
    >
    > I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.

    I had to give up eating much cheese when the gall bladder kicked me under the ribs! I just steer
    clear, but I do cook with it about once a week. Long gone are the days of a 'healthy lunch' that
    consisted of two apples and 6 oz of mature cheddar!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  12. Bird

    Bird Guest

    I have learned recently that I cannot have chips in the house for DD's lunches. Even the small bags
    drive me crazy and in the wee hours I hear them calling from the pantry. I also have a hard time
    with the homemade popcorn DH & DD make at night. Oil and butter! I guess I am what you would
    concider a salt a holic! Bird need to lose 45# and fortunately the sweets do not bother me.

    "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    >
    > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
    > had them last.
    >
    > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
    be
    > an invitation to disaster?

  13. Bird

    Bird Guest

    Cheese is another trigger food for me. I love it and am trying to find good
    fat free cheeses if anyone has a brand to suggest.
    Bird
    need to lose 45#
    "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > >every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    > >
    > >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when
    > >I've had them last.
    > >
    > >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
    be
    > >an invitation to disaster?
    >
    > I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
    > grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.
    >
    > I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  14. Bird

    Bird Guest

    poptarts used to drive me crazy and of course I had myself convinced they
    were in the house for the children <g>.
    But for some reason they started bothering my teeth. Too sweet I guess!
    Bird
    need to lose 45#
    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > the only thing I won't keep in the house is poptarts. It was often my
    snack
    > of choice by default and I would not like to have them too handy. Other than that I eat whatever
    > and have no problem with resisting types of foods or even second helpings, and I am very grateful
    > this is the case, Lee buck naked <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > kc.rr.com...
    > > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's
    > > virtually every day for lunch. Cheeseburger
    (whopper),
    > > fries, diet coke.
    > >
    > > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but
    > > can't remember when I've had them last.
    > >
    > > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it
    would
    > be
    > > an invitation to disaster?

  15. the Borden's 2 percent ones aren't too bad, but what I have found is that if
    I get the individually packaged things I do really well, for example:
    laughing cow, bell bonne, string cheese sticks and similar, Lee
    bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Cheese is another trigger food for me. I love it and am trying to find
    good
    > fat free cheeses if anyone has a brand to suggest. Bird need to lose 45# "ray miller"
    > > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's
    > > >virtually every day for lunch. Cheeseburger
    (whopper),
    > > >fries, diet coke.
    > > >
    > > >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but
    > > >can't remember when I've had them last.
    > > >
    > > >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it
    would
    > be
    > > >an invitation to disaster?
    > >
    > > I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
    > > grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.
    > >
    > > I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.
    > >
    > > Ray
    > > --
    > > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  16. I knew it was me as DH says they taste like cardboard with jelly on them so
    I knew when the package was gone it was me, Lee
    bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > poptarts used to drive me crazy and of course I had myself convinced they were in the house for
    > the children <g>. But for some reason they started bothering my teeth. Too sweet I guess! Bird
    > need to lose 45# "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > > the only thing I won't keep in the house is poptarts. It was often my
    > snack
    > > of choice by default and I would not like to have them too handy. Other than that I eat whatever
    > > and have no problem with resisting types of
    foods
    > > or even second helpings, and I am very grateful this is the case, Lee buck naked
    > > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's
    > > > virtually every day for lunch. Cheeseburger
    > (whopper),
    > > > fries, diet coke.
    > > >
    > > > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since
    then....but
    > > > can't remember when I've had them last.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it
    > would
    > > be
    > > > an invitation to disaster?

  17. Laura

    Laura Guest

    For me it has been cheese. I could eat it all day but it has too many points to enjoy it these days.

    "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > every day for lunch. Cheeseburger
    (whopper),
    > fries, diet coke.
    >
    > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since
    then....but I
    > can't remember when I've had them last.
    >
    > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it
    would be
    > an invitation to disaster?

  18. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Same here. I really love cheese but it 's definitely one of my trigger foods. I keep a tiny bit of
    lowfat gorgonzola in my fridge. It 's not like the real stuff but comes pretty close. Unfortunately
    it 's not even that low-fat, just lower. I have a tiny bit of it every day. ( 20 grams, 1.5
    Eur.point) But wow do I miss real cheese! Chocolate is OK, I have 10 grams (1 eur.point) every day
    and it doesn't trigger me to eat more. Of course I buy the best (and most expensive) chocolate there
    is, so I cannot have more than 10 grams a day, it would be too expensive!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
    > >every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
    > >
    > >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when
    > >I've had them last.
    > >
    > >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
    be
    > >an invitation to disaster?
    >
    > I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
    > grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.
    >
    > I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.
    >
    > Ray
    > --
    > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

  19. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    Miss Violette wrote:

    > I knew it was me as DH says they taste like cardboard with jelly on them so I knew when the
    > package was gone it was me, Lee

    I cannot eat them at all, not since my darling man said he was never going to eat something that so
    closely resembled a sanitary towel!

    There - cured you all! ;P

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  20. our men could be related, Lee