Biggest Eating Change

Buck Naked

Guest
I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.

Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
had them last.

Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation
to disaster?

Pizza. Healthy pizza just ain't the same........and just one slice of responsible bad pizza just
ain't enough..... *grin*

And also rich fruit cake. It's my worst trigger food. Once started.........well..........best to
avoid it all together I find!

--
krys

UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

"buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
> Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
> had them last.
>
> Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
be
> an invitation to disaster?

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
>every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
>Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
>had them last.
>
>Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
>disaster?

I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.

I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.

Ray
--
rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

I have to bring chocolate into the house a piece at a time, most of the time. Sometimes I can have
it around and not want it, but it is usually a problem.

"buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
> Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
> had them last.
>
> Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
be
> an invitation to disaster?

Donuts.

Stan

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
>every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
>Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
>had them last.
>
>Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
>disaster?

the only thing I won't keep in the house is poptarts. It was often my snack
of choice by default and I would not like to have them too handy. Other
than that I eat whatever and have no problem with resisting types of foods
or even second helpings, and I am very grateful this is the case, Lee
buck naked <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
> Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
> had them last.
>
> Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
be
> an invitation to disaster?

Potato chips and to a great extent cheese. Chips have been reserved for when I'm on a hiking trip -
well, in the car for after and then only when the trip will be about a week in length - dayhikes do
not "earn" me potato chips. And while I do buy cheese, I buy only very flavorful ones and in much
more limited sizes.

buck naked wrote:

> I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
> Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
> had them last.
>
> Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
> disaster?

Biscuits/cookes! Especially Border Biscuits Chocolate Ginger Crunch! In the bad old days, I'd chow
down a whole packet when I got in from collecting James from school, no problem! Now the only
chocolate munchy things I eat are the WW bars at 1.5 points each. They are just (if not MORE)
expensive, but I only have one or two a day, with a cup of tea, rather than half a packet with a
cup of tea!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Chocolate is mine. Have to just not have it in the house. If I find I absolutly have to have some, I
will go and get a single serving of something and eat it. Absolutly cannot have it in the house!

krys wrote:

> Pizza. Healthy pizza just ain't the same........and just one slice of responsible bad pizza just
> ain't enough..... *grin*
>
> And also rich fruit cake. It's my worst trigger food. Once started.........well..........best to
> avoid it all together I find!

I make a chocolate christmas cake: heavy on the fruit and marzipan and chocolate! Luckily it is so
rich that a small slice os quite enough!

ray miller wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> >every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
> >
> >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when
> >I've had them last.
> >
> >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
> >disaster?
>
> I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
> grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.
>
> I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.

I had to give up eating much cheese when the gall bladder kicked me under the ribs! I just steer
clear, but I do cook with it about once a week. Long gone are the days of a 'healthy lunch' that
consisted of two apples and 6 oz of mature cheddar!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

I have learned recently that I cannot have chips in the house for DD's lunches. Even the small bags
drive me crazy and in the wee hours I hear them calling from the pantry. I also have a hard time
with the homemade popcorn DH & DD make at night. Oil and butter! I guess I am what you would
concider a salt a holic! Bird need to lose 45# and fortunately the sweets do not bother me.

"buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
> Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
> had them last.
>
> Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
be
> an invitation to disaster?

Cheese is another trigger food for me. I love it and am trying to find good
fat free cheeses if anyone has a brand to suggest.
Bird
need to lose 45#
"ray miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> >every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
> >
> >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when
> >I've had them last.
> >
> >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would
be
> >an invitation to disaster?
>
> I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
> grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.
>
> I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.
>
> Ray
> --
> rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

poptarts used to drive me crazy and of course I had myself convinced they
were in the house for the children <g>.
But for some reason they started bothering my teeth. Too sweet I guess!
Bird
need to lose 45#
"Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> the only thing I won't keep in the house is poptarts. It was often my
snack
> of choice by default and I would not like to have them too handy. Other than that I eat whatever
> and have no problem with resisting types of foods or even second helpings, and I am very grateful
> this is the case, Lee buck naked <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> kc.rr.com...
> > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's
> > virtually every day for lunch. Cheeseburger
(whopper),
> > fries, diet coke.
> >
> > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but
> > can't remember when I've had them last.
> >
> > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it
would
> be
> > an invitation to disaster?

the Borden's 2 percent ones aren't too bad, but what I have found is that if
I get the individually packaged things I do really well, for example:
laughing cow, bell bonne, string cheese sticks and similar, Lee
bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cheese is another trigger food for me. I love it and am trying to find
good
> fat free cheeses if anyone has a brand to suggest. Bird need to lose 45# "ray miller"
> > On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's
> > >virtually every day for lunch. Cheeseburger
(whopper),
> > >fries, diet coke.
> > >
> > >Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but
> > >can't remember when I've had them last.
> > >
> > >Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it
would
> be
> > >an invitation to disaster?
> >
> > I gave up fish and chips, and cheese, and chocolate. Actually I freeze the cheese. Its still
> > grateable, but it's impossible to eat frozen.
> >
> > I miss the cheese most, but the rest I can live without.
> >
> > Ray
> > --
> > rmnsuk overall - 273/203/182

I knew it was me as DH says they taste like cardboard with jelly on them so
I knew when the package was gone it was me, Lee
bird <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> poptarts used to drive me crazy and of course I had myself convinced they were in the house for
> the children <g>. But for some reason they started bothering my teeth. Too sweet I guess! Bird
> need to lose 45# "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > the only thing I won't keep in the house is poptarts. It was often my
> snack
> > of choice by default and I would not like to have them too handy. Other than that I eat whatever
> > and have no problem with resisting types of
foods
> > or even second helpings, and I am very grateful this is the case, Lee buck naked
> > <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's
> > > virtually every day for lunch. Cheeseburger
> (whopper),
> > > fries, diet coke.
> > >
> > > Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since
then....but
> > > can't remember when I've had them last.
> > >
> > > Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it
> would
> > be
> > > an invitation to disaster?

For me it has been cheese. I could eat it all day but it has too many points to enjoy it these days.

"buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> every day for lunch. Cheeseburger
(whopper),
> fries, diet coke.
>
> Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since
then....but I
> can't remember when I've had them last.
>
> Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it
would be
> an invitation to disaster?

Same here. I really love cheese but it 's definitely one of my trigger foods. I keep a tiny bit of
lowfat gorgonzola in my fridge. It 's not like the real stuff but comes pretty close. Unfortunately
it 's not even that low-fat, just lower. I have a tiny bit of it every day. ( 20 grams, 1.5
Eur.point) But wow do I miss real cheese! Chocolate is OK, I have 10 grams (1 eur.point) every day
and it doesn't trigger me to eat more. Of course I buy the best (and most expensive) chocolate there
is, so I cannot have more than 10 grams a day, it would be too expensive!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
news:[email protected]...

Miss Violette wrote:

> I knew it was me as DH says they taste like cardboard with jelly on them so I knew when the
> package was gone it was me, Lee

I cannot eat them at all, not since my darling man said he was never going to eat something that so
closely resembled a sanitary towel!

There - cured you all! ;P

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

our men could be related, Lee