Biggest Eating Change

Oh, Swiss or Dutch chocolate (gd&r)

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:14:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Same here. I really love cheese but it 's definitely one of my trigger foods. I keep a tiny bit of
>lowfat gorgonzola in my fridge. It 's not like the real stuff but comes pretty close. Unfortunately
>it 's not even that low-fat, just lower. I have a tiny bit of it every day. ( 20 grams, 1.5
>Eur.point) But wow do I miss real cheese! Chocolate is OK, I have 10 grams (1 eur.point) every day
>and it doesn't trigger me to eat more. Of course I buy the best (and most expensive) chocolate
>there is, so I cannot have more than 10 grams a day, it would be too expensive!

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> krys wrote:
> >
> > Pizza. Healthy pizza just ain't the same........and just one slice of
responsible
> > bad pizza just ain't enough..... *grin*
> >
> > And also rich fruit cake. It's my worst trigger food. Once started.........well..........best to
> > avoid it all together I find!
>
> I make a chocolate christmas cake: heavy on the fruit and marzipan and chocolate! Luckily it is so
> rich that a small slice os quite enough!
>
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons

this year I made a fruit based Jamaican Rum Cake that was positively lethal........not only was it
made with large quantities of alcohol - it then had to be basted in the stuff too! *grin*

and one slice is NEVER enough! of course I want to have my cake and eat it too - what would be the
point otherwise LOL!

--
krys

UK 157/132/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

Now I 'm pretending I didn't read that... Dutch chocolate? You must be kidding!
--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134.1/101.5/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
134/1.102/212 lbs "Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Oh, Swiss or Dutch chocolate (gd&r)
>
> On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:14:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Same here. I really love cheese but it 's definitely one of my trigger foods. I keep a tiny bit
> >of lowfat gorgonzola in my fridge. It 's not
> >the real stuff but comes pretty close. Unfortunately it 's not even that low-fat, just lower. I
> >have a tiny bit of it every day. ( 20 grams, 1.5 Eur.point) But wow do I miss real cheese!
> >Chocolate is OK, I have 10 grams (1 eur.point) every day and it doesn't trigger me to eat more.
> >Of course I buy the best (and most expensive) chocolate there is, so I cannot have more than 10
> >grams a day, it would
be
> >too expensive!

Fred,

Belgian chocolates are the best in my opinion.

But anything is better than American chocolates though.

I like English chocolates too, for some reason European chocolates are so much richer and creamier
tasting that American chocolates.

Debbie

"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Oh, Swiss or Dutch chocolate (gd&r)
>
> On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:14:38 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Same here. I really love cheese but it 's definitely one of my trigger foods. I keep a tiny bit
> >of lowfat gorgonzola in my fridge. It 's not
> >the real stuff but comes pretty close. Unfortunately it 's not even that low-fat, just lower. I
> >have a tiny bit of it every day. ( 20 grams, 1.5 Eur.point) But wow do I miss real cheese!
> >Chocolate is OK, I have 10 grams (1 eur.point) every day and it doesn't trigger me to eat more.
> >Of course I buy the best (and most expensive) chocolate there is, so I cannot have more than 10
> >grams a day, it would
be
> >too expensive!

My downfall was something as silly as Slurpees (or icees - depending on what neck of the woods you
are in). I used to have one dang near every single day, and not the small size (I referred to it as
the piggy portion). I still love them, but now only have them maybe once a month or so. And most
recently I have found that they have added a diet pepsi version ... so would be 0 points. Tried it,
can't do it, isn't the same. I can mix half regular and half diet though. <G> But yes, it still is
an invitation to disaster, even after 2 years of pulling in the reins. So I do not allow them to be
an every day occurence, but DO allow them to be the occassional treat now.

And fast food hamburgers? Hub and I were just talking about this the other day. I know I've had them
*sometime*, but sure can't remember the last time I did. If we do opt for a quickie meal I am much
more apt to get a broiled chicken sandwich ... take it home and put it on my own toasted wheat
bread. I am sooooo clever. LOL! No, truly, I do think my tastes have changed immensely. And by doing
something as easy as this, it does allow me to feel better by splurging on some onion rings. <G>

Joyce

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:22 -0600, "buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
>every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
>Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
>had them last.
>
>Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
>disaster?

"buck naked" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I used to eat french fries just about every day of my life. I went to either BK/Wendy's virtually
> every day for lunch. Cheeseburger (whopper), fries, diet coke.
>
> Went on weight watchers back in April, I've had fries since then....but I can't remember when I've
> had them last.
>
> Anyone else cut out a food that while they COULD eat responsibly it would be an invitation to
> disaster?

Ruffles potato chips and crunchy peanut butter -- not together, but I can't have either of them in
the house! Smooth PB doesn't do it for me, though, so the dog's snack is safe...

Nina in Texas
204.2/159.2/164 [goal] (joined 4/6/03; goal 1/4/04)

Is it a hard recipe? I really like fruitcake and chocolate and mazipan ain't bad either! (G)

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:50:59 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:

>krys wrote:
>>
>> Pizza. Healthy pizza just ain't the same........and just one slice of responsible bad pizza just
>> ain't enough..... *grin*
>>
>> And also rich fruit cake. It's my worst trigger food. Once started.........well..........best to
>> avoid it all together I find!
>
>I make a chocolate christmas cake: heavy on the fruit and marzipan and chocolate! Luckily it is so
>rich that a small slice os quite enough!

I thought I might get a rise out of you! (G)

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 23:15:08 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Now I 'm pretending I didn't read that... Dutch chocolate? You must be kidding!