Bigha????

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ben, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Ben

    Ben New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2003
    Has anyone ridden or seen up close the Bigha bike? It looks interesting. If you have one, whatchathink?

    www.bigha.com

    Just wondering,
    Ben

    Tags:

  2. Geoff Pinney

    Geoff Pinney Guest

    V. hi tech website - V. hi tech bike. Too pricey

    "Ben" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone ridden or seen up close the Bigha bike? It looks interesting. If you have one,
    > whatchathink?
    >
    > www.bigha.com
    >
    > Just wondering, Ben

  3. One happened by my shop a couple of weeks ago It rode nice, handled well, smooth over the bumps
    Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast Seat looks like it was designed by X car
    guy from Detroit, way too complex for a bicycle Comes with most everything a person could want on a
    bike. Should sell for that reason alone. Speedy

    Ben wrote:

    > Has anyone ridden or seen up close the Bigha bike? It looks interesting. If you have one,
    > whatchathink?
    >
    > www.bigha.com
    >
    > Just wondering, Ben

  4. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "S. Delaire \"Rotatorrecumbent\""
    <[email protected]> says...
    > Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast
    > Speedy

    These two statements appear to conflict one another. Care to elucidate?

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  5. Rorschandt

    Rorschandt Guest

  6. You spelled that word wrong, it should be a request that he Hallucinate....must be a Canadian thing
    (Smoking Reefer has just become LEGAL in Canada).
    -------------------------
    "rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > In article <[email protected]>, "S. Delaire \"Rotatorrecumbent\""
    > > <[email protected]> says...
    > >> Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast
    > >> Speedy
    > >
    > > These two statements appear to conflict one another. Care to elucidate?
    > >

    > I will speculate that "Speedy" is what he is calling himself.
    >
    > -- Rorschandt Acustommed to "odd name" reactions. <A HREF="mailto:p[email protected][127.0.0.1]"

  7. Richard Ryan

    Richard Ryan Guest

    According to the owner of the company he spent $500,000 developing the seat! Jeez, I would have sold
    him my company for $500,000. The seat has no support rods. The lack of seat support rods on the
    Bikee was probably one of the factors in their problems with the breakage of the seat clamp
    mechanism which resulted in one of their recalls. I found out the hard way early on about seat
    design problems. The original seats on our bikes didn't have diagonal braces on the top of the
    middle cross piece, (the support rods attached to the diagonal braces on the bottom of the cross
    piece). We had a couple of customers who were so strong they managed to bend the seat frame above
    the cross piece. Addition of braces on the top of the cross piece cured the problem. I see that
    Bigha is spending a lot of money advertising on things like full page ads in Outside magazine. Good
    luck to them, I hope they are successful. Dick Ryan

    > One happened by my shop a couple of weeks ago It rode nice, handled well, smooth over the bumps
    > Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast Seat looks like it was designed by X car
    > guy from Detroit, way too complex for a bicycle Comes with most everything a person could want on
    > a bike. Should sell for that reason alone. Speedy
    >
    > Ben wrote:
    >
    > > Has anyone ridden or seen up close the Bigha bike? It looks interesting. If you have one,
    > > whatchathink?
    > >
    > > www.bigha.com
    > >
    > > Just wondering, Ben
    > >
    > > --
    > Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

  8. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    I would like to try one just because of the negative comments I have heard regarding the entire idea of Bigha (including my own comments).

  9. Pj

    Pj Guest

    I see that Bigha is spending a lot of money
    > advertising on things like full page ads in Outside magazine. Good luck to them, I hope they are
    > successful. Dick Ryan

    While it appears that in many instances Bigha is going against the grain of conventional recumbent
    design and marketing, I have to applaud their efforts to think outside of the box and aggressively
    market their product. I like Dick hope that they are successful as their efforts will potentially
    benefit all manufacturers.

    I have long thought that all bent manufacturers should form an association to pool some dollars to
    promoting the "idea of recumbents" to a larger audience. Currently the marketing efforts of all
    other manufacturers (with the possible exception of Bigha and Burley to a lesser degree)are directed
    towards convincing a prospective buyer to purchase a Rans versus a Easy Racer and these efforts are
    directed to a very small niche market.

    Bigha is trying to interest new riders that are likely to not even be cyclist at all, but have a
    higher level of disposable dollars and can afford the price of a Bigha. Again I think all of the
    manufacturers should be pleased with Bigha's efforts as it only helps them as well. Bigha is indeed
    taking a big gamble and I hope that they are rewarded for their efforts and risk.

    Pat Mc