Bigha????

Ben

New Member
Mar 13, 2003
Has anyone ridden or seen up close the Bigha bike? It looks interesting. If you have one, whatchathink?

www.bigha.com

Just wondering,
Ben

One happened by my shop a couple of weeks ago It rode nice, handled well, smooth over the bumps
Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast Seat looks like it was designed by X car
guy from Detroit, way too complex for a bicycle Comes with most everything a person could want on a
bike. Should sell for that reason alone. Speedy

Ben wrote:

> Has anyone ridden or seen up close the Bigha bike? It looks interesting. If you have one,
> whatchathink?
>
> www.bigha.com
>
> Just wondering, Ben

In article <[email protected]>, "S. Delaire \"Rotatorrecumbent\""
<[email protected]> says...
> Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast
> Speedy

These two statements appear to conflict one another. Care to elucidate?

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>, "S. Delaire \"Rotatorrecumbent\""
> <[email protected]> says...
>> Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast
>> Speedy
>
> These two statements appear to conflict one another. Care to elucidate?

I will speculate that "Speedy" is what he is calling himself.

-- Rorschandt Acustommed to "odd name" reactions. <A HREF="mailto:postmaster@[127.0.0.1]"

You spelled that word wrong, it should be a request that he Hallucinate....must be a Canadian thing
(Smoking Reefer has just become LEGAL in Canada).
-------------------------
"rorschandt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Cletus Lee <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:
>
> > In article <[email protected]>, "S. Delaire \"Rotatorrecumbent\""
> > <[email protected]> says...
> >> Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast
> >> Speedy
> >
> > These two statements appear to conflict one another. Care to elucidate?
> >

> I will speculate that "Speedy" is what he is calling himself.
>
> -- Rorschandt Acustommed to "odd name" reactions. <A HREF="mailto:postmaster@[127.0.0.1]"

According to the owner of the company he spent $500,000 developing the seat! Jeez, I would have sold
him my company for $500,000. The seat has no support rods. The lack of seat support rods on the
Bikee was probably one of the factors in their problems with the breakage of the seat clamp
mechanism which resulted in one of their recalls. I found out the hard way early on about seat
design problems. The original seats on our bikes didn't have diagonal braces on the top of the
middle cross piece, (the support rods attached to the diagonal braces on the bottom of the cross
piece). We had a couple of customers who were so strong they managed to bend the seat frame above
the cross piece. Addition of braces on the top of the cross piece cured the problem. I see that
Bigha is spending a lot of money advertising on things like full page ads in Outside magazine. Good
luck to them, I hope they are successful. **** Ryan

> One happened by my shop a couple of weeks ago It rode nice, handled well, smooth over the bumps
> Heavy, lots of frontal area, will be hard to make go fast Seat looks like it was designed by X car
> guy from Detroit, way too complex for a bicycle Comes with most everything a person could want on
> a bike. Should sell for that reason alone. Speedy
>
> Ben wrote:
>
> > Has anyone ridden or seen up close the Bigha bike? It looks interesting. If you have one,
> > whatchathink?
> >
> > www.bigha.com
> >
> > Just wondering, Ben
> >
> > --
> Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

Originally posted by Ben
Has anyone ridden or seen up close the Bigha bike? It looks interesting. If you have one, whatchathink?

I would like to try one just because of the negative comments I have heard regarding the entire idea of Bigha (including my own comments).

I see that Bigha is spending a lot of money
> advertising on things like full page ads in Outside magazine. Good luck to them, I hope they are
> successful. **** Ryan

While it appears that in many instances Bigha is going against the grain of conventional recumbent
design and marketing, I have to applaud their efforts to think outside of the box and aggressively
market their product. I like **** hope that they are successful as their efforts will potentially
benefit all manufacturers.

I have long thought that all bent manufacturers should form an association to pool some dollars to
promoting the "idea of recumbents" to a larger audience. Currently the marketing efforts of all
other manufacturers (with the possible exception of Bigha and Burley to a lesser degree)are directed
towards convincing a prospective buyer to purchase a Rans versus a Easy Racer and these efforts are
directed to a very small niche market.

Bigha is trying to interest new riders that are likely to not even be cyclist at all, but have a
higher level of disposable dollars and can afford the price of a Bigha. Again I think all of the
manufacturers should be pleased with Bigha's efforts as it only helps them as well. Bigha is indeed
taking a big gamble and I hope that they are rewarded for their efforts and risk.

Pat Mc