Bike-alog bike specs 1993-2008 now on line!

Sheldon Brown

Guest
There's a great company called "Bike-alog" who mainly provides a
wholesale database service for bike shops.

They also list specs for most bikes available in the U.S. market.

They have kindly made available their bike specification database for
all older models, going back to the 1993 model year.

I've created a couple of easy to remember shortcut URLs for this
database:

Check it out at: http://sheldonbrown.com/bike-alog or http://sheldonbrown.com/bikealog

Sheldon "Bike-Alog Fan" Brown
| Originality is the fine art of remembering |
| what you hear but forgetting where you heard it. |
| -- Laurence Peter |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide
http://captainbike.com
Useful articles about bicycles and cycling
http://sheldonbrown.com

On Sep 2, 12:35 pm, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> There's a great company called "Bike-alog" who mainly provides a
> wholesale database service for bike shops.
>
> They also list specs for most bikes available in the U.S. market.
>
> They have kindly made available their bike specification database for
> all older models, going back to the 1993 model year.
>
> I've created a couple of easy to remember shortcut URLs for this
> database:
>
> Check it out at:http://sheldonbrown.com/bike-alogorhttp://sheldonbrown.com/bikealog

A nice source of info!

Of course, the shortest URL is really:

http://bike-alog.com/

Not only is it shorter (even shorter than a tinyurl!), it also takes
you to the main page and other sources of information.

On Sep 2, 10:35 am, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> There's a great company called "Bike-alog" who mainly provides a

What, no Alex Moulton? Poo!

Thanks for posting that, great resource!

On Sep 2, 10:42 am, velodancer <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Sep 2, 10:35 am, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > There's a great company called "Bike-alog" who mainly provides a

> What, no Alex Moulton? Poo!

Yeah, well... part of the problem of getting information into Bike-
alog is getting the information in the first place. The Alex Moulton
bikes always had a very small or nonexistent presence at Interbike and
other trade shows, so getting the information to plug in would be a
tough situation. *I* would have made it a priority, but then I'm a
real oddball bicycle enthusiast.

Jeff (Bike'alog- original spelling- veteran, 1989-1993)

On 2007-09-02, Sheldon Brown <[email protected]> wrote:
> There's a great company called "Bike-alog" who mainly provides a
> wholesale database service for bike shops.
>
> They also list specs for most bikes available in the U.S. market.
>
> They have kindly made available their bike specification database for
> all older models, going back to the 1993 model year.
>
> I've created a couple of easy to remember shortcut URLs for this
> database:
>
> Check it out at: http://sheldonbrown.com/bike-alog or http://sheldonbrown.com/bikealog

Thanks for that. I wasted a good chunk of time yesterday looking at
pictures and specs of older bikes. It was kind of fun to revisit what
was available in 1997 when I bought the bike that now serves as
neighborhood beater and winter commuter.

<http://tinyurl.com/2ylsn3>, or
<http://bike-alog.com/BikePedia/Helpers/BikeSpecs.aspx?Year=1997&Brand=Trek&Model=830&Type=bike>

It's a bit of a shock to look over that spec and see just how many of
the original parts I've destroyed or worn out.