Bike Bags....

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Darren Mercer, Apr 16, 2003.

  1. I'm looking for a bike bag to take on an aeroplane and I was after a recommendation. At this point
    I'm looking at the two sold on the Ground Effect website.....does anybody have any experience with
    either of these?

    What is the benefit of the "Tardis" model (which costs an extra $100) compared with the "Body
    Bag" model?

    It seems you need to do more dismantling for the dearer bag.....

    Perhaps somebody can recommend something else

    Thanks in advance

    D.

    Tags:

  2. roKeMS

    roKeMS New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2002
    Bigfoot bike bags
    49 winbourne rd
    Brookvale nsw
    [email protected]

    extreme plus $600
    elite $550

    never used them but they look the goods.

    TC-1 is about $600 as well and is my pick. Ask your lbs about them.

  3. Megan Webb

    Megan Webb Guest

    Darren,

    I have the "body bag". My MTB will fit in in - remove the front wheel and one pedal. I used a spacer
    between the forks - made from spare axel to stop the forks squashing together. Bit of wood and tape
    would work as well. I don't recall if a spacer was supplied or not.

    I think the quantas bike boxes are fantasic though - good size and sturdy.

    Cheers

    Megan

    news:<[email protected]>...