Bike books online...

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Turbo Fahel, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Turbo Fahel

    Turbo Fahel Guest

    Where is the best value for money web site for buying cycling books.

    --
    Regards,
    Turbo Fahel

    ---

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

  3. K&C Russell

    K&C Russell Guest

  4. karma_2120

    karma_2120 Guest

  5. Turbo Fahel <[email protected]> wrote:
    : Where is the best value for money web site for buying cycling books.

    I can't believe you people haven't heard of www.roadbikrerider.com

    You can sign up for a free weekly newsletter, download their
    '29 Pro Cycling Secrets', and buy any of their numerous cycling
    publications. The hardest thing is deciding which to buy
    first.

    Cheerz,
    Lynzz

    PS Here's some of their titles:

    3.J RBR Bookstore: Premium Road-Cycling Intelligence

    The Ultimate Ride by Coach Chris Carmichael (hardcover)
    The Carmichael Training Systems program like Lance uses
    www.roadbikerider.com/ur_page.htm

    Fred Matheny's Complete Book of Road Training (paperback)
    Based on a proven year-round program for roadies with lives
    www.roadbikerider.com/rbt_excerpt.htm

    Optimal Muscle Performance and Recovery (paperback)
    How to grow stronger faster from tough training and events
    www.roadbikerider.com/omp_page.htm

    Andy Pruitt's Medical Guide for Cyclists (eBook, paperback)
    Professional bike fit, injury diagnosis & treatment
    www.roadbikerider.com/ap_excerpt.htm

    The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling (paperback)
    The keys to success in rides from 30 to 3,000 miles
    www.roadbikerider.com/ld_excerpt.htm

    High-Intensity Training for Cyclists 2003 edition (eBook)
    Arnie Baker adds new wattage data to his go-fast manual
    www.roadbikerider.com/hit_excerpt.htm

    The Complete Book of Road Cycling Skills (paperback)
    Expert instruction on bike handling and riding techniques
    www.roadbikerider.com/rcs_page.htm

    Supercharge Your Training (eBook)
    Special workouts for riding your best in summer events
    www.roadbikerider.com/sch_excerpt.htm

    Plus at www.roadbikerider.com/bookstore.htm:
    Nutrition for Peak Performance ... Basic Bike Maintenance
    and Repair ... Mountain Bike Like a Champion ... Cycling for
    Health & Fitness ... The New Cyclist Handbook ... fast,
    inexpensive eBooks ... and more!

  6. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Turbo Fahel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Where is the best value for money web site for buying cycling books.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    > Turbo Fahel
    > __o
    > -\<,
    > ( ) / ( )

    does anyone here in .au have a copy of ...
    The Heart Rate Monitor Book for Cyclists by sally edwards
    that they dont want/need anymore, if you do I wouldnt mind getting a copy

    remove the xxx to reply

    Simon

  7. Simon wrote:
    > "Turbo Fahel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Where is the best value for money web site for buying cycling books.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Regards,
    >>Turbo Fahel
    >> __o
    >> -\<,
    >> ( ) / ( )
    >>

    > does anyone here in .au have a copy of ...
    > The Heart Rate Monitor Book for Cyclists by sally edwards
    > that they dont want/need anymore, if you do I wouldnt mind getting a copy
    >
    > remove the xxx to reply
    >
    > Simon

    "Scientific Heart Rate Training" by Neil Craig is a good book on HRM
    training for cyclists, it's available from www.pursuit-performance.com.au

    He used to train the AIS cycling team or something like that.

    I'd lend it to you but I'm having trouble getting it back from my
    brother-in-law.

    --

    Cheers
    LB