Bike box for hire in London?

Mark

Guest
Hi

I'm off to Italy to ride the Gran Fondo Pinarello later this year.
Does anyone know where I could hire a box for the flight? I don't have
space to keep one and I rarely (never, so far) fly with the bike
(trains are easier).

I know that many people have had no trouble with turning the
handlebars around and handing the bike to check-in but a) I'm flying
Ryanair, b) I've paid for a bike box "space" in the hold, whatever
that means, c) it's a long way to go to find I can't ride because
someone put a grand piano on my bike.

Thanks!

Mark

On Apr 4, 3:06 pm, Mark <[email protected]> wrote:
> I'm off to Italy to ride the Gran Fondo Pinarello later this year.
> Does anyone know where I could hire a box for the flight? I don't have

Sorry, no. But perhaps your local bike shop could let you have a
cardboard box?

> I know that many people have had no trouble with turning the
> handlebars around and handing the bike to check-in but a) I'm flying

I've heard that too but I fly with my bike quiet a lot and always use
a regular bike box.

There is no way I would check in my bike without a box.

--
Nige Danton