Bike brake problems!!!!

mippy124

Aug 4, 2003
:mad: I am just 15, I have a dyno bike with back brakes, no front ones, but back pedal brakes which is kind of peculiar sounding. The problem is with the back brake. Now I don't know anything about bikes, I couldn't even tell you what a crank is. The brake pads have constantly been rubbing against my back tire slowing me down increibly. I am so used to it now that I can't even tell when it is rubbing against it or not. It's been going on for about 2 years. I took it to the bike shop near me, and they said nothing was wrong with it which was completely stupid. If you hold up the back of the bike and pedal for some seconds and stop, the tire will stop moving within 3 seconds. I am completely desperate, there is nowhere to take my bike, I know nothiung about bikes, and my life is biking. I need help really bad.

Originally posted by BugMan
Please tell me this is not a joke!

This is the only reason i signed up for this message board thing, I don't know how to fix this stupid bike. Now I'm just thinking about getting a whole new bike if this keeps up, it's not a joke.

Could be 2 things.

Either your back wheel is a little bent and neds truing. - Is your back wheel completely straight?

Or

The rear hub needs work.

Take it to another shop and see. Some shops really do not know much and do not want to work, so please take your business to another.

If it is the rear hub worse case is you need a new rear wheel.