Bike building ideas

Yeah, still not happening for me. Loaded touring is much more my speed. For around town, I simply don't load the bike (as much). For a fast ride, I strip the bike to bottles and phone. Granted, I did build Feuertänzerin to be able to do just about everything... She is done now, and I am quite happy with the result. While not exactly lightweight (13.3kg or 29lbs), the very wide range of gears compensates nicely. Between the hybrid drivetrain (Campagnolo Athena 11 speed triple, with a Potenza 11-32 11 speed cassette) and the hybrid brakes (Juin Tech R1 cable actuated hydraulic disc brakes), she is up for just about anything I can throw at her. Rounding out the build is a Schmidt SON 28 iso disc front dynamo hub laced into Velocity Fusion rim, powering the Busch & Müller Cyo T premium headlight and top line dynamo powered taillight. As long as my front wheel is moving, I have full lighting on the bike without worrying about batteries.

I don't know how to build a bike. I've bought all the ones I owned. But I've seen some of it being assembled. It looked easy yet complicated at the same time. I'll settle for buying my own.