ntl1606

Jun 13, 2016
Hi! I'm part of a team that's making a device that's a bike camera, gps, and a cycle computer all rolled into one that mounts your handlebars. It would sync with your smartphone for the routes and would also automatically load the footage from your ride on an app on your smartphone. It would display notifications from your phone, work as a headlight, speakers, and as a charging cell.

I was wondering if you guys had any feedback about if you would want to use a product like this or what features that would make or break it for you! We just really want to make a device that's helpful for cyclists and that people would actually want to use.

Thanks!

A good idea. I think that i would like to use it although I am not a big fan of this combination. I mean I removed everything from my bike, bumpers, the leg and even the bottle. GPS is useful though and even camera can be of good use if you are making some videos for your you tube channel. This multi-functionality is something that caught my eye and I actually had this in my mind as a patent but it was years ago and now it is obviously too late. Using energy that dynamo is making while you are riding is a great thing.

Reactions: ntl1606
I think that device on the handlebar is the most practical since the handle bar is like the panel of the car. However, for the camera, it is not in a good vantage position unlike when it is attached to the helmet where it can see almost any angle. This may not be practical for now but my idea of a camera is one that is attached to the helmet and with a monitor in the handlebar so I can see what the camera can see. Just my thoughts on the subject. But I go for that handlebar kit anyway.

I think that device on the handlebar is the most practical since the handle bar is like the panel of the car. However, for the camera, it is not in a good vantage position unlike when it is attached to the helmet where it can see almost any angle. This may not be practical for now but my idea of a camera is one that is attached to the helmet and with a monitor in the handlebar so I can see what the camera can see. Just my thoughts on the subject. But I go for that handlebar kit anyway.
I do think so too! I've myself used a handbar device and it's been working so far. I actually don't have any problems with it

A good idea. I think that i would like to use it although I am not a big fan of this combination. I mean I removed everything from my bike, bumpers, the leg and even the bottle. GPS is useful though and even camera can be of good use if you are making some videos for your you tube channel. This multi-functionality is something that caught my eye and I actually had this in my mind as a patent but it was years ago and now it is obviously too late. Using energy that dynamo is making while you are riding is a great thing.

Thank you! What features have you decided to leave on your bike? Which features were most important to you?

It seems that all you would really have to do is create a custom case / holder for a smartphone that has prisms/optics to make the camera look in the direction you wanted and maybe an auxiliary battery.

Thanks for all the suggestions! among all the functions (navigation, cycle computer, phone connectivity, internet access, power bank, headlight) which ones do you guys think is the most important feature?

I clicked on this thread because I want to find a good camera to mount on my bike. Last Friday, I got forced off the road by a car that passed on a descent (35 mph), then immediately came back into the lane, and braked! No choice - off in the puckerbrush. I didn't know, however, that I'd be unconscious for the next hour! 82 facial stitches, stiff neck, lip about to fall off! First major crash in 40 years on the road.

From now on, I want to record my rides. If nothing happens, erase, and get ready to go again.

Are there any out there that you can recommend?