bike cases

m1rjt99

Jun 7, 2004
I'm going to Europe this summer for several months and want to take my road bike with me. Problem is: it measures 66 cm center to center. All that I have read about bike boxes and the sizes of bikes they can handle says either my bike is too big, or they don't say anything at all about how large a bike is feasible. Anyone out there with experience at this? Any suggestions on what I should do?

Hi,

Have you already thought about a bicycle bag? I have no experience of my own, but from a few pro's who travel around the world I know that they are very pleased with it. They claim airlines are much more carefull at the airport with a bag than with a suitcase.

I do know that they throw with suitcases and that most rental suitcases don't even last five trips. Especialy the scicon case (it has sort of a bike shape) is bad.

Maybe a padded bag would solve your size problem as well?

See ya in Europe!, Frank.

Thanks for the tip, Frank. I'll consider your advice.

Bob

Hi,

Have you already thought about a bicycle bag? I have no experience of my own, but from a few pro's who travel around the world I know that they are very pleased with it. They claim airlines are much more carefull at the airport with a bag than with a suitcase.

I do know that they throw with suitcases and that most rental suitcases don't even last five trips. Especialy the scicon case (it has sort of a bike shape) is bad.

Maybe a padded bag would solve your size problem as well?

See ya in Europe!, Frank. [/B][/QUOTE]

I ride a 61cm and there was still plenty of room in the SCI CON case- try that, it's a good case